Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 02:19 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
the confiscation just shows how far the feds and local politicians are afraid of anyone having their own stock of food. the time will come that people will have to protect themselves from the local goosestepping gestapo taking their food for themselves.
Co-op grows lots of pot, gets raided and you guys claim it's because they wanted to take their potatos and carrots? Those swat teams are notorious carrot stealers....why just last night I had to chase two swat members out of my garden nibbling on my celery!

Ever see the movie "The Jerk"?

I love the scene where the sniper is trying to shoot him and is missing hitting the stacked up cans behind him. Steve Martin's character runs around screaming about the sniper "hating cans" and is trying to save the cans from being shot.

A very funny movie and reminds me of this discussion.

There are thousands and thousands of co-ops and so forth all over the country. One gets raided for drugs but that's not the REAL reason? Say what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 02:49 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
» Front Yard Gardener Faces New Charges Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Quote:
After Oak Park City failed in its bid to charge Bass with violating a local ordinance for using her front garden to grow organic vegetables, no doubt put off by gargantuan media attention on the case, they are now pursuing Bass for a similarly ludicrous misdemeanor that carries an identical penalty, 93 days in jail, for owning unlicensed dogs.

However, Bass’ dogs are fully licensed, the city is merely reinstating an earlier charge that Bass has already complied with.

Old 07-16-2011, 05:30 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Co-op grows lots of pot, gets raided and you guys claim it's because they wanted to take their potatos and carrots? Those swat teams are notorious carrot stealers....why just last night I had to chase two swat members out of my garden nibbling on my celery!

I love the scene where the sniper is trying to shoot him and is missing hitting the stacked up cans behind him. Steve Martin's character runs around screaming about the sniper "hating cans" and is trying to save the cans from being shot.

There are thousands and thousands of co-ops and so forth all over the country. One gets raided for drugs but that's not the REAL reason? Say what?

I personally dont think that cops should be on anyones land that is growing pot either. what you do with your personal lives is none of my business. if you start to harm others is when others should step in, not before.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:28 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:

Where in the world you get your information from, I have no idea. Maybe stop watching hollywood movies.

NM the fact that you appear to be advocating swat team raids.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:36 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Well that's pretty much the same in the US and the UK. There are very few property owners in the US that hold Alloidal Title, almost all of it can be reclaimed using Eminent Domain (US) or Compulsory Puchase (UK). Thus nearly all real estate in both countries is Land Tenure (or more historically accurately described as feudal title).

For instance if you pay property tax, or there are any easements on your property, or you do not also own mineral rights you cannot hold alloidal title. Alloidal title by definition is held without any debts and obligations. Paying tax could be considered a debt, and is certainly an obligation, having an easement is an obligation.

In the UK all Alloidal Title is held by the crown and managed by the government(s).

In the US Alloidal Title is held by the state(s) either Federally or within their own boundaries. The vast majority of Alloidal Title in the US belongs to American Indians, although both Nevada and Texas have flirtations with Alloidal Title in their Real Estate law, but with restrictions that prevent them being really considered Alloidal.

Since this is the way that it is, you do not actually really "own" your real estate, you "own" the right to use the property in the manner that does not violate its use purpose. For instance setting up a business in a residential area.

This is kind of strangely counter to the Constitution, since the people are sovereign, which is the root of alloidal title. However the implementation of real estate law most certainly does not indicate that the people are sovereign, if they cannot truly own free from debts and obligations their land.
Well I don't see much constitution being followed anywhere. The whole world is pretty much some mega corp conglomerate. The way it's going it is accelerating and it looks to get worse before it gets better.

Old 07-17-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Where in the world you get your information from, I have no idea. Maybe stop watching hollywood movies.

NM the fact that you appear to be advocating swat team raids.
Say what?

I'm merely pointing out that IF a swat team raids a place and the person standing next to me says "Wow. I bet they were growing celery and carrots."

I'm going to call them a bloody lunatic.

Old 07-17-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I personally dont think that cops should be on anyones land that is growing pot either. what you do with your personal lives is none of my business. if you start to harm others is when others should step in, not before.
You and I are not in disagreement.

The point is that people are making some *interesting* claims about WHY the police are getting involved.

Did you even READ the claims of the person I was specifically responding too? seriously?

OMG the gestapo are after my chives and peaches now!

Old 07-17-2011, 04:34 PM

373 posts, read 635,388 times
Big Agribiz does not like competition. Niether does do supermarkets. Look at the Amish Milk Raids.
Then consider how the establishment adores people on food stamps.

There is little power over people with thier own food supply.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:28 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,688,423 times
Default NOT being Sarcastic...

Quote:
Say what?

I'm merely pointing out that IF a swat team raids a place and the person standing next to me says "Wow. I bet they were growing celery and carrots."

I'm going to call them a bloody lunatic.
Bless your heart, Mathguy, I just realized that you really honestly believe that, don't you?

You really don't believe that a SWAT team could possibly be called in on some trumped-up charge to prove a point or to enhance the power-plays of some bureaucrat or other, do you?

You remind me of the folks who, when I was volunteering for SCVOCAL (Victims of Child Abuse Laws) said, "Oh, that could never happen to me - I'm a good parent, no one could ever accuse me of harming my kids! Social Services must be right; they have no reason to falsely accuse people - where there's smoke, there's got to be fire!" Yet, on every radio show I ever did, more and more people were calling in, telling me how they had been accused, had SWAT teams break down their doors, had their children dragged off screaming while they were handcuffed and taken into custody - all because of a false accusation. Social Service organizations across the country were using their powers over families to enhance their own jobs and positions by prosecuting people. Even attorneys, police officers, and judges would chicken out from speaking out, telling me point blank, "I don't want them coming after me!" I even did one TV show - where we got 47 calls in an hour, all from people who had been falsely accused. The TV interviewer went from sceptical to stunned, then apologetic, then livid.

It's been going on for years... since the 80's in my own personal experience. A police chief or sheriff gets told that something bad or evil is going on, in his district, by some bureaucrat wanting to impress his employers, and they can do something to stop it... you bet it happens, every day. Most folks just roll over and play along, because they can't afford the attorneys it takes to fight it, and gee, if they cut a plea deal, they won't even have to go to court... It isn't just child abuse, but any number of things, depending on the bureaucracy. One should always question everything, by asking first - "Who profits?" and the answer is usually - a bureaucrat, a politician, a district attorney... someone trying to make a name for themselves on the backs of others.

So if you think it doesn't happen, ever, and that where there's smoke there must be fire, cops wouldn't do that sort of thing, what possible reason could they have... I only hope that it never happens to you, for any reason.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:00 AM

373 posts, read 635,388 times
Default In a healthy community

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
Bless your heart, Mathguy, I just realized that you really honestly believe that, don't you?

You really don't believe that a SWAT team could possibly be called in on some trumped-up charge to prove a point or to enhance the power-plays of some bureaucrat or other, do you?

You remind me of the folks who, when I was volunteering for SCVOCAL (Victims of Child Abuse Laws) said, "Oh, that could never happen to me - I'm a good parent, no one could ever accuse me of harming my kids! Social Services must be right; they have no reason to falsely accuse people - where there's smoke, there's got to be fire!" Yet, on every radio show I ever did, more and more people were calling in, telling me how they had been accused, had SWAT teams break down their doors, had their children dragged off screaming while they were handcuffed and taken into custody - all because of a false accusation. Social Service organizations across the country were using their powers over families to enhance their own jobs and positions by prosecuting people. Even attorneys, police officers, and judges would chicken out from speaking out, telling me point blank, "I don't want them coming after me!" I even did one TV show - where we got 47 calls in an hour, all from people who had been falsely accused. The TV interviewer went from sceptical to stunned, then apologetic, then livid.

It's been going on for years... since the 80's in my own personal experience. A police chief or sheriff gets told that something bad or evil is going on, in his district, by some bureaucrat wanting to impress his employers, and they can do something to stop it... you bet it happens, every day. Most folks just roll over and play along, because they can't afford the attorneys it takes to fight it, and gee, if they cut a plea deal, they won't even have to go to court... It isn't just child abuse, but any number of things, depending on the bureaucracy. One should always question everything, by asking first - "Who profits?" and the answer is usually - a bureaucrat, a politician, a district attorney... someone trying to make a name for themselves on the backs of others.

So if you think it doesn't happen, ever, and that where there's smoke there must be fire, cops wouldn't do that sort of thing, what possible reason could they have... I only hope that it never happens to you, for any reason.
In a healthy community SCGranny would be a wise elder. The more people speak out and shine a light the better it could be for society
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness