Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 04:29 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrysue View Post

Donkey rule!

That is an adorable Donkey! Cute dog as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2011, 12:09 AM

191 posts, read 180,860 times
u r a lot less likely to GET shot on a bike than on a horse, that is the entire point. Also, the desirability of eating the horse is one of the main reasons to not be riding one, and one of the main reasons you WONT HAVE one to ride, in the first place. :-) The horse's inabilty to hide as well as the bike is another reason. You go to sleep on that horse and see what happens, buddy. hope you have worked on your judo "breakfalls" and hope it's not rock or concrete that you fall on.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:16 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
On that bike, I will smell you for a week, hear you for 3 days, and there sure won't be any concrete to be fallin' on.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:34 AM

2,878 posts, read 4,632,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giney12 View Post
u r a lot less likely to GET shot on a bike than on a horse, that is the entire point. Also, the desirability of eating the horse is one of the main reasons to not be riding one, and one of the main reasons you WONT HAVE one to ride, in the first place. :-) The horse's inabilty to hide as well as the bike is another reason. You go to sleep on that horse and see what happens, buddy. hope you have worked on your judo "breakfalls" and hope it's not rock or concrete that you fall on.
Horses meat from horses treated by dewormers (most domestic horses are) is not for human consumption (hungry or not).

OD

Old 08-14-2011, 01:23 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,655,857 times
Quote:
. hope you have worked on your judo "breakfalls" and hope it's not rock or concrete that you fall on.
giney12
You have missed the point entirely, while you and millions of others are riding and walking down roads and bike paths, we will be going overland, where you and millions of others aren't.
A horse is ****y transportation if you want to go down a paved road no doubt about it, you and your bike are way better off. Now look off the road into the hills, pastures, prairies and mountains.
30 years ago I argued the merits of a dirt bike vs Horse with my wife (girlfriend at the time) . We took a couple of horse up into the Sierra for a camping trip and my mind was changed, no way you could have road a motorcycle or bicycle over that terain...

Old 08-14-2011, 05:16 PM

if you think that a mountain bike can't go anywhere a horse can go, you are sadly mistaken. I can put the bike on a poncho-raft and swim it lots of places a horse could not be forced to go, too. :-) You aint gonna smell me past 30 ft, or hear me much further than that, and your horse will be shot from under you by people who neither know nor care that it's "not for human consumption. 30 years ago mountain bikes didn't even EXIST in the format available today. but go ahead, waste your time and money on horses, I may have to eat one of them one day.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:17 PM

right, expose yourself to enemies because of the stupid critter, instead of putting out the effort to ride the bike. Lazy americans.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:19 PM

if you are shot and it's shtf, you are DONE for, period. The lack of medical care and the need to be on the top of your form will mean that something else will kill you, if the infection doesn't.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:51 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times
Quote:
if you are shot and it's shtf, you are DONE for, period. The lack of medical care and the need to be on the top of your form will mean that something else will kill you, if the infection doesn't.

You sure are expecting a lot of shooting should the stuff hit the fan. I don't know bikes and horses both have merits depending on the situation I hope that all this shooting crap doesn't happen though

Old 08-14-2011, 09:26 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,655,857 times
what ever dude, your mind won't be changed like mine was 30 years ago, your absolutley right, a modern mountain bike is way better than a horse. and you'll have a raft in your back pack too...
Both have merits, and some of us have experiance with both and are open minded enough to chage our minds some aren't...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness