Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 12:29 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,282,277 times

Advertisements

Been away for a while - mother sick again. It's nice to be back.

Last week, I went down to the range to exercise my bow and ran into one of those idiots. I had shot several arrows, and rested my bow while I walked down to get them. There was a beginner's class a short distance away. Kids having fun, adults watching. I pulled out my arrows and heard 'hey you'. I turned around and saw a man fumbling with my bow. He yelled ' how do you make this thing work?' He started playing with it, pulling back as hard as he could. I ran over and yanked it away from him. Fortunately, no damage done. He looked insulted, walked away over to the kid's class with his lower lip hanging. I heard him tell another man that my bow didn't work right! Idiot - it's a left handed bow.

He said, just loud enough that I could hear, that the only real bow weapon was a crossbow. Obviously he has never shot a bow of any kind. Equally obvious, he never heard of Crecy, or Agincourt.

It made me wish I were a man so I could pee on his car. What is it with these people? Are we having an epidemic of stupid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 01:46 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,636,321 times
I see people doing weird things (weird to me because of my ignorance) and I know I do weird things all the time too, on purpose or ignorantly. Its amazing how vast the number of skills and passions are. I know little about math or television or dance or psychics but more than average on other stuff based on the geographically area I was raised. Recently my neighbor asked me the size of my rear end (truck that I never use to tow or race), he was astound that I didn't know the size and said something ignorant and I thought to myself give me a break, I'm older than him and know topics that he doesn't even know exist. Usually silence put these people in their place when they later realize the foolish thoughts they had.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:19 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,282,225 times
Maybe, but then my rule is people don't touch my stuff without permission, and I'll never leave something in a place that invites someone to futz with it, not that I'm implying you did, just sayin'.

I have strict rules about my gear, most of which has developed over the years of watching stupid people do stupid things with my gear, for example the neighbors kid chopping the ground with a Gransfors Bruks axe, new rule, no one touches my axes without express permission, failure to comply may result in testing the continued effectiveness of the axe on the transgressor.

In general, the rule is if I lend it to you, or let you use it without supervision I'm expecting it to come back broken. If I supervise, then I'm expecting to retract permission during the supervision and I'll wind up doing the work.

I have similar rules for firearms, knives, chainsaws, motorcycles, etc.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:29 PM

12,110 posts, read 23,311,870 times
Some people are raised without having any respect for individual property rights. He probably thought he was going to take the opportunity to show off to all of his fans.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:47 PM

32,672 posts, read 48,139,958 times
American is having an epidemic of people who don't understand property rights. You are lucky all he did was touch and didn't try to walk off with it, thinking that anything he could see had to be his to take.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:48 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,865,219 times
I know a few country boys who would have knocked that dude flat out for touching there stuff (rifle,bow,pistol).
what kinda idiot would pick up another persons weapon without permision?

bill

Old 11-26-2012, 04:44 PM

25,874 posts, read 18,894,369 times
What a moron. I'd have been tempted to "show him how it worked."

Seriously, I'd have freaked. I make all the bows I shoot. And if somebody did that... well I wouldn't be happy at all. My bows are made for my rather short arms--and bows can easily break if they are overdrawn. The one I use most often is zebrawood with bamboo backing. If some moron like that broke it... well, I think I'd be tempted to stab him with the remains!

Old 11-26-2012, 07:05 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,984,532 times
These days common man has about 0 common sense. Take this as a lesson, and never put the bow down where other people are. Mountain Men of yore learned that lesson the hard way too.

This is also why African big game double barrel rifles had 2 safeties.... So the gun bearer could never get the sequence right. back then there was no PC problems and no odd social experiments, as there are today.
Today that guy and others just like him are more like lemmings and when it is time to go just in the sea people like use here in this room will be called crazy because the sea looks so nice..

Today we live and a land where having hands on skills is looked down upon and if a thing can't be done with the movement of a odd lever or the better press of a button, well then what ever it is just can't be done..

AND since the guy couldn't pull the string back at all on a woman's bow you insulted the probable Fat Boy.

He was fat wasn't he?

Old 11-26-2012, 08:48 PM

633 posts, read 724,668 times
Wow this thread is disgusting. people going berserk just coz someone touch their property?

When u die u know u can't bring it to ur coffin right?

And i wonder how it is under self sufficiency?

Old 11-26-2012, 08:55 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,984,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinajolie View Post
Wow this thread is disgusting. people going berserk just coz someone touch their property?

When u die u know u can't bring it to ur coffin right?

And i wonder how it is under self sufficiency?
Oh well we are just dumb people who work and earn to acquire items that may assist us in hard times..

We didn't know anything we see that doesn't belong to us is open for hands on inspection...

Would that count other people bodies too?

I know for sure it doesn't count my motorcycles or any of my guns with out ASKING first..

After that I own a few tools that just are not open for touching or any inspection, because people who would wouldn't understand these tools could in fact kill them.

or in other words if someone were to mess around with my chain saws if the saw didn't get them I would and with it..... no need to panic, a person would bleed out faster than you could get a EMT to here....

I find it interesting you are some how fit to judge what is and what isn't offensive......

But ok if you say so,,,,,,,,,, Lips

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 11-26-2012 at 09:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness