Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2011, 09:56 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,629,141 times

Advertisements

I hope I don't come off as flooding the forum with junk, but I've found several good youtube users who post lots of good stuff... This first guy lives and breathes prepping and they go out of their way to make videos for people learning and refining their prep. I'll share a few.

southernprepper1 focuses on group prepping:
southernprepper1's Channel - YouTube

mrrashbone gives prepper insight in a comical fashion:
MrRashBone's Channel - YouTube

thepatrioticnurse covers female/ medical aspect of prepping:
ThePatriotNurse's Channel - YouTube

dsarti gets political and demonstrates electric/refridgeration in shtf:
dsarti1's Channel - YouTube

I'm yet to watch this guy but he has a lot:
Yankeeprepper's Channel - YouTube

These are just 5 of the best ones I've come across, if you check out their friends and subscripers u will find even more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 03:32 PM

Off Grid Survival – Wilderness & Urban Survival Skills

just a site I came across that updates articles under different areas of survival and prepping.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:56 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,500,867 times
I saw a few of those videos the other day, while searching for "WROL" on youtube. Pretty interesting and useful info!

Old 12-30-2011, 12:08 PM

1,478 posts, read 5,083,460 times
There are a ton. The most famous seems to be a long-winded jack-wagon called "Nut'n Fancy". I like some of his reviews on gear and he gives quite a bit of useful info, but I have to skip fwd a lot. He could talk for 30 minutes about a dang pocket knife. I think his goal is to review every single piece of gear out there, from flashlights to guns to knifes to bags to mags to backpacks... I mean everything. He calls it "The Nut'nFancy Project" and his subscribers are called "T-N-P'ers". I don't know how he finds time to earn a living to pay for all that stuff and make so many YouTube videos.

My employer blocks the fun websights - anything remotely related to weapons. The only exception is YouTube and Cabelas.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post
There are a ton. The most famous seems to be a long-winded jack-wagon called "Nut'n Fancy". I like some of his reviews on gear and he gives quite a bit of useful info, but I have to skip fwd a lot. He could talk for 30 minutes about a dang pocket knife. I think his goal is to review every single piece of gear out there, from flashlights to guns to knifes to bags to mags to backpacks... I mean everything. He calls it "The Nut'nFancy Project" and his subscribers are called "T-N-P'ers". I don't know how he finds time to earn a living to pay for all that stuff and make so many YouTube videos.

My employer blocks the fun websights - anything remotely related to weapons. The only exception is YouTube and Cabelas.
HAHa, I heard about "nutnfancy" in a video dsarti made a couple days ago where he says people make fun of him for whatever reason, I guess I know the reason now, makes me want to watch him. I don't know how some people do it neither... they make videos every week. His id seems ironic if he does get fancy in explaining everything. These videos are good though because anyone no matter how beginner or advance can gain from all the stuff popping up on youtube.

My favorite though is southernprepper1, I think he has the most practical videos and demonstrates scenerios, its kind of entertaining. I watching the last 25 videos he made, not many people do I watch every video they made.

I can recommend a couple others:
easttennesseeprepper
He talks about the economy and also hunts, right now he's doing a 30 day experiment with hunting and providing in the event stores were closed.

demcad
He's a chatter box but intelligent, lives in flint so urban people might like him. He's been making these videos for over 3 years.

Last edited by dhanu86; 12-30-2011 at 02:42 PM..

Old 12-31-2011, 08:36 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,500,867 times
I've watched a lot of nutnfancy, too. He's clearly a very thoughtful guy and has a passion for what he does. But, all that translates into lengthy videos. LOL I definitely enjoy his stuff.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:14 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,125,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post

From what I understand he makes a very good living OFF the utube videos. He's also a flyer in the National Guard of some type.

All those 'toys'... so long as he reviews them are a tax write off, and I suspect at this point he gets many of them for free for the advertising.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:34 AM
Ode

298 posts, read 753,597 times
A lot of those doing reviews do indeed get the items as gifts as long as they promise to do a review. Some do multiple reviews or a series of reviews when they want to be extremely thorough. They also state they will do their reviews without bias toward whoever sent them the products so they are able to be as impartial as possible. At least the good ones do. There are always going to be unethical people though, so make sure of disclaimers and watch with an eye towards potential bias until you have seen enough videos by any particular individual to develop a sense of trust in their reviews.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:05 AM

1,478 posts, read 5,083,460 times
What I really like about watching YouTube reviews on gear is simply getting a perspective on the size and proportions of a thing. Seeing someone handle a piece of gear and set it down next to something while talking about it a great way to figure out if something is too big and heavy or the opposite, depending on what it is.

What I do like about Nut'nFancy's gun reviews is his "philosophy of use" category in the review. I also like how he gives deference to "the second type of cool" - that is, the personal, subjective qualities of something that a person likes simply because they think it's cool but can't really justify why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness