Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 11:24 AM

1,266 posts, read 3,223,823 times

Advertisements

Here's another one of those "I-have-the-answer" investment options for doomsday and why we should all stop prepping now and buy a "lifeyacht."

It's pretty funny, even if he does raise some good talking points:

Prepping will only work in one scenario: the manipulators and parasites manage to destroy civilization to the point that you can count on being left alone for several generations. The more energetic Preppers are planning two strategies: Hunker Down, and Hope, with stocks of food, tools, seeds, and weapons, sometimes in a Hobbit Hole they’ve prepared somewhere.

Those strategies have a fatal flaw. “Fatal” means a flaw that will get you killed.

The fatal flaw in the Hunker Strategy is that it assumes that one might escape notice by the Forces of Evil long-term.

The fatal flaw in the Hope Strategy is that Hope is not a strategy.

Prepping Won

The Ericsson Council - The Ericsson Council (http://www.ericssoncouncil.org/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 12:52 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Waterworld!!!!
Works untill some guys in a old sloop put a broadside into you!!!!
ARRRGGGGGHHHHHHH

Old 11-05-2011, 02:47 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,689,689 times
There is always a fatal flaw, just as there are things that you can't prepare for. The Yellowstone Caldera blowing its top, a meteor strike, massive and final global nuclear warfare...

The point is that you should prepare for the things you can, and you can't afford to worry about the things that you can't. Otherwise, you will vibrate so fast that you won't ever move again...

Am I worried about the societal collapse, the Chinese coming in mass hordes to occupy American land and enslave Americans because our government offers us up as a trade for our massive owed debt to them, The Muslims instituting Sharia Law in every state and running down all of us unbelivers to our deaths, etc? Nope. Because quite frankly there isn't a dang thing I can do about it; no matter whom I vote for, s/he'll probably turn out to be a quisling who'll cave the first time a million or so is waved in their face, or they are promised to be 'saved' while everyone else is killed.

Not a danged thing can be done about any of it, natural or man-made. What I can do is build on what I know, improve my skillset, and have a wonderful and happy, productive and self-educating life, doing what I love and what makes me happy... and not subscribing to the latest investors' scam put out there to make money - for them.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Waterworld!!!!
Works untill some guys in a old sloop put a broadside into you!!!!
ARRRGGGGGHHHHHHH
LOL, that's just what DH said -- that or you get ambushed on the high seas by Somali-style pirates!

Even funnier is the fact the guy lives in Tulsa and is trying to sell doomsday boats.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:54 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecypher5413 View Post
LOL, that's just what DH said -- that or you get ambushed on the high seas by Somali-style pirates!

Even funnier is the fact the guy lives in Tulsa and is trying to sell doomsday boats.
Maybe he's trying to corner the doomsday market at Grand Lake. Afterall, they had at least 3 earthquakes in OK last night.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:08 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Soooo ... in addition to dealing with roving bands of disenchanted Wall Street brokers armed with souped-up laser pointers, Men in Black chasing me in helicopters and disheveled groups of "It will never happen HERE"'s camping outside of my compound, NOW I have to worry about floating, sea-and-land-mobile, solar-powered Doomsday Christians running me over with their cement dinghies?!?

Old 11-06-2011, 09:40 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,631,472 times
It's funny how the article said at the end "we're only accepting 4,000 applicants". Who wants to live on a boat moving place to place like a pirate or seaman? I rather have some roots and hold my ground. This parasite class is to small to fly over the whole US and monitor "hobbit holes". Our military and police belong to us, not them. Don't let anyone say otherwise, because it may seem true, but when the SHTF everyone will wake up and protect their own people, not the reptiles who have no loyalty or respect for human civilization. And don't let anyone knock your little house or air gun. You don't need state of the art equipment to survive, just skills.

Old 11-06-2011, 10:55 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,689,689 times
Sorry, can't do it. Bi... er, witches can't cross water...

Old 11-06-2011, 01:01 PM

14 posts, read 13,041 times
Default That's not true at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecypher5413 View Post
Here's another one of those "I-have-the-answer" investment options for doomsday and why we should all stop prepping now and buy a "lifeyacht."
That's not true. The people we want to have these can't afford to buy them anymore. The smallest one is $600K. Please re-read the recommendation at the end of the article, and review the actual benefits of Membership. I don't believe you understood our offer.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
Sorry, can't do it. Bi... er, witches can't cross water...
LOL, that was a good one, especially since your fan club here is convinced you can WALK on water, no matter what your religion!

I got curious after reading about this doomsday loon, as survival forums feature many threads by sailboat owners who are convinced they have the ideal BOV with few energy costs to consider. You know, just go with the flow (of the wind) and go from port to port to utilize local resources.

So, if you're considering a "lifeyacht" of your own, check this out (from 2009):

It seems that the world has begun to awaken to the facts that: A) piracy still exists, and B) pirates are much more like muggers, carjackers and murderous thugs than they are like Johnny Depp.

Pirate Attacks on Sailing Yachts - Piracy Warnings | YachtPals.com

Years ago, I read a great nonfiction account of a yachting couple who bought into the whole "tropical island" escape fantasy -- and who paid the ultimate price. It's a sobering cautionary tale:

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._Sea_Will_Tell

Thanks, but I'll stick with my land-based bunker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness