Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 03:30 PM

7 posts, read 15,527 times

Advertisements

I dont think so that due to starvation just for 7 days a normal human being gets converted into terrorist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 01:18 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Many Mormons go overseas on missionary ventures. Al Queda wants to recruit people who can pass for the average American as terrorists. Maybe there is info that a few Mormon missionaries have been turned, so they are being investigated.

if you think this, then you dont know any mormons. I know more than just a few and thinking that they are becoming a terrorist for aq would be like equating george washington to the next antichrist.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:57 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,966,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
if you think this, then you dont know any mormons. I know more than just a few and thinking that they are becoming a terrorist for aq would be like equating george washington to the next antichrist.
I don't know how anyone from a Western civilization could fall prey to that, but they do. Mormons are people, just like the rest of us, and prey to the same faulty thinking.

There are certain personality types who find comfort in cultish groups. You have them within the Mormons and certainly within Muslims. I don't find this difficult to think about, but I have a distaste for all extremists and zealots, perhaps others here have more tolerance for and experience with them.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:50 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Intriging. Well, I guess that everyone who shops at Costco is suspect. No one eats that much food in a week, except the Duggar family.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I don't know how anyone from a Western civilization could fall prey to that, but they do. Mormons are people, just like the rest of us, and prey to the same faulty thinking.

There are certain personality types who find comfort in cultish groups. You have them within the Mormons and certainly within Muslims. I don't find this difficult to think about, but I have a distaste for all extremists and zealots, perhaps others here have more tolerance for and experience with them.

very true, you also have those same cult type within the goverment, and they are very zealous too.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:31 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
I just lost all my food in a canoing accident!

Old 12-20-2011, 12:39 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Upps! I probably have seven days of leftovers in the fridge. The trick is geting to them before they become cryo-bio experiments. Some of the things old food can turn into would get me labeled as a terrorist biochemist.

Somebody please tell me this nonsense has not been made into law.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:41 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Upps! I probably have seven days of leftovers in the fridge. The trick is geting to them before they become cryo-bio experiments. Some of the things old food can turn into would get me labeled as a terrorist biochemist.

Somebody please tell me this nonsense has not been made into law.
Greg, George Carlin's 'Meat Cake" don't count......

Old 12-21-2011, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I just lost all my food in a canoing accident!

sorry about that, did you lose all your firearms at the same time?

Old 12-21-2011, 06:30 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,445,173 times
I guess, then, I am a terrorist (NOT!)
I have a supply of food that will support 4 people for over a year, and it all has a shelf life up to 15 years. A year would give me enough time to set up a few acres of crop production.

Currently, designing a wood-fired steam generation system, to provide electricity (I am on a lot of land with wooded forests). Also PV cells, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness