Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 07:28 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Off Topic, (sorry Missing)

I had to move a month ago and there is no pc access. So I am here to just say Merry Christmas, whether or not anyone likes it.

I have been at odd jobs, the shop jobs as they come, still working for the x land lord, and am seeking new jobs.

On the tv I just caught an add for 'Wrenches Wanted' in N Dakota, but failed to get a pencil fast enough for the number. Anyone get that number?

I had some work that about broke me, but the job is done, and I want new work. Maybe I will have more time to get on line sooner than later.
Just glad you're safe- you're one of my favorite posters to read here, lol
Merry Christmas to you, also!! Please check in regularly so nobody worries
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 09:36 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Do what you got to do...Merry Christmas wherever you land !

Old 12-20-2011, 11:39 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wittic View Post
S0 why can't you use a pc at the public library? Or pay someone a few bux that you see using a laptop in some cafe, etc, so they will let you post a bit, email, do some work searches? It only takes a very few minutes, now and then. Sell some blood plasma, if need be. Get on food stamps, get an old car to live in, (pull out the rear seat, so you can stretch out into the trunk area.)
wittic,
I have been chasin work, doing it, and as of last week after submiting the invoice found it wasn't going to be paid.... That was working up 9 cords of fire wood, which left me a tad tired after each days work from long logs to stacked cords fit for the stove come next Fall.

I have a van with a bed, a conversion van right now, and a 6x6 x12 enclosed trailer.

I don't sell blood but will donate it. I don't 'Do' Food Stamps either, but I might poach deer and trout on occasion.

I'ld be nasty to you if you knew me, but with your post count as it is you don't know me. So you get a honest fair answer.

When I left this place, I was ahead in rent, but a woman who was somehow aquainted with the land lord came to live here, and she is a pot head, running out of state plates in rural NH, and is sure to attract attention I have no use of.

I didn't want to be here when she got busted for improper tags, as the news head line would be........... 'After a 6 month investigation the police from many branches have taken a large amount of pot and assorted other prescription drugs and a whole bloomin arsenal, with a street value of $x,xxx,xxx.........

Looking for jobs in N Dakota is something I can do, so long as I have a little more info than I have now. I won't just pack up the van with winter gear, the trailer with tools, and roll off into the sunset.

That's a good way to loose the tools, van, and trailer in these times.

So Thanks for those who are helping, and wittic you are fully pardoned for your sins...... LOL

And for today I am making some of these earrings as gifts for the holidays

Old 12-20-2011, 01:13 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Merry Christmas Mac!

That's a shame that had to happen with the pothead, but perhaps something better is in your future anyways...

Old 12-21-2011, 08:50 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,027,560 times
Hey Mac good to hear from ya. forget ND at least till spring.not a good idea.you will find something so you can hole up for the winter. Let us know what is going on. hang tough like I really need to say that.

Old 12-24-2011, 03:49 PM

I got no time....... Merry Christmas to ALL. mac

Old 12-25-2011, 01:53 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,654,334 times
Merry Christmas Mac

Old 01-17-2012, 12:47 PM

Been a while since I have been on line now, and this won't be long either.
The folks where we took shelter are splittin' the blanket! Ain't that nice?

I am still seeking work, working it as I find it, and etc etc.

Other than that everyone I know face to face are going insane.

With all the 'talk' of 'DOOMSDAY', I wonder if on Dec 22 2012 if the sun will just plain rise like every other day, but we will all be crazy....

One example, is yesterday was day 6 to drive 2 screws in a wall to hang a slave whip for show. Normally this feat takes about 15 minutes, but not this time because the owner has gone mad...

Oh Friggin Well....... LOL

ps: them screws still ain't driven, and that blasted slave whip still ain't hung. BTW a slave whip is a very old fashion 2 man felling saw.

Old 01-17-2012, 03:05 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,485,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
With all the 'talk' of 'DOOMSDAY', I wonder if on Dec 22 2012 if the sun will just plain rise like every other day, but we will all be crazy....
Good to hear from ya, Mac!

I guess you already know...we've all been crazy right along! No need to wait till Dec. 22 2012 -- maybe on that day we'll all awake to find ourselves stark raving SANE! Scary!

Old 01-18-2012, 10:39 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,629,141 times
12/22/12 is just a date. The date I use is my birthday to mark my progress to live well in these times. Basicly by that time the poor will be poorer and god knows what else. That's all I need to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness