Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 08:59 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,687,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Seems logical to me given FEMA's track record of intelligence and efficiency (yeah, that was sarcasm) that this is most likely the timely non-beauracratic response (yeah, sarcasm again) to be ill-prepared the last big disaster.

That's why I never buy into the the whole FEMA is coming to get us conspiracy. I'd rather have FEMA out to get me than try to help me lol.

Having gone thru 6 years of FEMA certification, I have to agree with you there.
It took them TWO WEEKS to figure out that the hardest-hit area in the Hugo hurricane disaster was not Charleston/Summerville, SC, but a tiny area between Charleston and Georgetown known as McClellanville. Drive up Highway 17 towards Georgetown, and you can still see one of the shrimp boats next to the highway - or you could when I left there 4 years ago. It was silent testimony to the ongoing bureaucracy and inefficiency.

If FEMA comes looking for me, I am content that they will get lost and frustrated, wandering down first this, then that, gravel road that dead-ends at the river, long before they ever find me. And then, of course, there's the conflicting orders, the greed and opportunism, and the 'sudden emergencies' that will pop up all over their GPS...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 09:51 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,601,055 times
Default The American government Kills those whom they wish to kill.

You don't need to fantasize about FEMA. Remember Waco.

If you believe that the American government didn't know that their tear gas was combustible check Swearingen. He published his book twenty-six years before the massacre.

The facts speak for themselves. There is an excellent article in Wikipedia. Save it before it's "edited". Some might say sanitized. Some believe, however, that the government doesn't wish to hide the facts; they wish The event to serve as a warning.

Waco siege - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.hoboes.com/pub/Politics/T...nce%20Advisor/

Amazon.com: Tear Gas Munitions: An Analysis of Commercial Riot Gas Guns, Tear Gas Projectiles, Grenades, Small Arms Ammunition, and Related Tear Gas Devices: Thomas F. Swearengen: Books

Amazon.com: Waco - The Rules of Engagement: Clive Doyle, Dan Gifford: Movies & TV

Old 01-15-2012, 08:42 PM

593 posts, read 890,323 times
Many thanks to Themanwithnoname for a comprehensive response to the common practices and services of FEMA. FEMA has served millions post disaster and is in my opinion going to be desparately needed due to the widwspread belief that diasters are on the increase due to too many factors having nothing to do with 2012 or ridiculous, erroneous media remarks about the biblical prophecy "Armegeddon" that subjects secular society to think it's related to the so-called "end of time." Unbelievers are left looking like babble-heads but maybe deserve a God warning across their bow?

Last edited by DASULAR17; 01-15-2012 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: FEMA

Old 01-16-2012, 11:17 AM

313 posts, read 329,560 times
Probably reading forums like these and thinking why people would put this stuff in the open.

Telling the whole world there's a great place to hide in the national forests and how you will get your supplies there is like wearing glow in the dark camouflage at night.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:20 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,956,909 times
i have never figured out how Fema got to be such a boogey man. I figure they are like any terribly run government agency (like TSA) that has way too much money and time on their hands. They live to spend money and make themselves useful.

On the other hand, they are probably monitoring City-Data.com and making lists of names to go into there large Fema Camps when the civil strive starts!

I gotta go get my Illuminati shirt out of the dresser and begin attending my monthly meetings again,,,,

Old 01-24-2012, 04:33 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,687,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Trails View Post
On the other hand, they are probably monitoring City-Data.com and making lists of names to go into there large Fema Camps when the civil strive starts!

I gotta go get my Illuminati shirt out of the dresser and begin attending my monthly meetings again,,,,
I'm thinking about getting some MOLON LABE t-shirts and going all Spartan...

A friend of mine and I were talking just today - the PO gave everyone "911, GPS-accurate addresses" in our area... and they are all WRONG. But they can't change them now because they are "official". So you'd better hope some guy 20 miles away isn't cooking meth at YOUR "official address"!

Old 01-26-2012, 05:20 PM

746 posts, read 1,242,761 times
Seems to me it is the Red Cross and the Salvation army that I see as first responders.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:13 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,601,055 times
Here's something to consider regarding the practicality of mass imprisonment.

During World War II the American government transported almost 400,000 German prisoners of war to the the US to POW prisons. They brought them from Europe in the midst of a major war. It seems that transporting people a few hundred miles on land would be child's play compared to this. This is not some piece of secret information. There are a number of books dealing with the subject.

Amazon.com: Nazi Prisoners of War in America (9780812885613): Arnold Krammer: Books

Old 01-26-2012, 08:42 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1 View Post
Seems to me it is the Red Cross and the Salvation army that I see as first responders.
Nah..Walmart and their trucks full of water are the first responders

Old 01-26-2012, 10:48 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
This caught my eye today: Military, LAPD To Conduct More Dramatic Helicopter Maneuvers Over Downtown LA « CBS Los Angeles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness