Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 11:18 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
That's what I want, but I don't have enough money to buy enough to sustain me for a long time, so I'd have to learn to farm and raise goats or chickens.

That is my dream, to get away from all of this craziness.

Kardashians

Toddlers with Tiaras crazy mothers

Freeway traffic

Pollution

Billboards

Chain restaurants

Chain stores

Repetitive stores and malls

Nutcases

Nutcase employers

Nutcase coworkers

Farms were good enough for our forefathers, they are good enough for us. No one is going to be safe in those gated communities.

First two can be stopped by tuning out of the msm. TV is not necessary for survival.

Bolded can be stopped by stopping shopping there and supporting those places.

Believe nothing being sold by the msm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 05:42 PM

195 posts, read 281,511 times
You can still homestead in Alaska. If you're so determined to "not be bothered" by people, have at it. The BLM has over a million square miles of land, much of which you can put mining claims on, for $120 per year (20 acres) which gives you all the rights of an owner. You can park a trailer there, fish, hunt, run off trespassers, grow a garden, have livestock. You don't need big money, folks. You just need GUTS and a bit of know how, and a willingness to rough it.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:40 PM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quoss View Post
...mining claims... which gives you all the rights of an owner.
Ummm, not quite. An unpatented mining claim does not allow solid structures on the claim, other than the supports within the shaft and the headframe (etc) on the surface.

Old 03-27-2014, 05:52 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,831,029 times
It is some form of my future that I definitely have control over and it's fun.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:43 PM

195 posts, read 281,511 times
so? I said to pull in a trailer, That's plenty good enough and by moving the claim by 50m every year, you save the hassle fo making the $100 worth of "improvement" required every year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness