Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 06:23 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,683,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
belive me, you pass these roving monitoring vehicles all the time and probably don;t even know your license plate is being examined, flashed somewhere, checked againt the big database in the ground, and stored..
Ummmm... as far out as we are, I highly doubt that.

Oh, I have no doubt it's true when we go to the 'big city' (40,000 people or larger) - but when you can drive 30 miles in any direction and not even see another vehicle for 2 hours... Not a whole lot of incentive to tool around out here. Even if you try to 'go negative' to see satellite pics of what we call "roads" out here, the pic fuzzes and says, "does not function at this level - try zooming back out". See, looking up a herd of cows' butts, or watching corn grow, out here just isn't as much fun or as much of a challenge as zooming in on a city neighbor's/potential terrorist's house.

Sure, the gubbermint can track you anytime, anywhere, thru what you buy or what you use or even your tax forms and fuel purchases, checks and debit cards... the point is that you have to be completely inoffensive, "rub the blue mud into your belly button" just like everyone else, and appear completely harmless and boring. That is the real "hiding in plain sight". Everything else is just playtime and fantasy.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:08 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
That's any easy one! Where I grew up, ya just cut out a piece of sheet metal, painted it the right color, put in fake numbers and letters, and smacked it over your plate with the attached magnets! It'll throw 'em off every time! If the cops decide to stop you for some imagined offense, just get out of the truck (or car), scratch yer head, and ask, "How'n the hail did THAT get on there?" and pull off the fake, showing the real plate below. "Musta been some fool neighborhood kid!" Likely, though, this won't happen!
Sounds like a good plan, NE...but here in Kalifornia doing something like that will only get you a date with Thomas A. Swift and his Electric Rifle...and, possibly, a beat down that you may never recover from.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:57 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,913,045 times
I'm use to people around me complaining one minute about too much government interference, and the next minute complaining about illegals and the government not doing anything about it. However, when I lived in southern Arizona, I got mighty use to adding on travel time for the security checks (known and unknown) and having to report where I'm going. All in the name of stopping illegals and drugs. Can you have it both ways?

Old 05-24-2012, 09:13 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,593,655 times
Why not do what informed people do? Have the vehicle titled to a corporation in a state that does not require disclosure of stockholders' names. Registration can be in any state.

This too is survivalism.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:59 PM

2,878 posts, read 4,629,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Why not do what informed people do? Have the vehicle titled to a corporation in a state that does not require disclosure of stockholders' names. Registration can be in any state.

This too is survivalism.
Nice!
OD

Old 05-26-2012, 11:22 PM

1,265 posts, read 3,460,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post

This too is survivalism.
Good idea. Celebrities have been doing this for years to disassociate their personal vehicles from their names. DMV records are not public data, per se. However, it's not difficult for someone to associate a plate number with the registrant's name, if they know where to look. Furthermore, it's not impossible for a resourceful person to obtain a list of vehicles that are registered to a particular individual.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:24 PM

1,265 posts, read 3,460,415 times
Take home point from this thread: if you don't want your license plate to be scanned, or your picture to be taken, then stay home.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:46 AM

2,878 posts, read 4,629,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucheGA View Post
Take home point from this thread: if you don't want your license plate to be scanned, or your picture to be taken, then stay home.
Moving to North Korea or Cuba will do the same. Just sayin'...
OD

Old 05-29-2012, 02:31 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,673,640 times
Truth is they are using them, they have been using them, they will continue to use them. Nothing you can do will matter even registering it in a state with certain protections cause to law enfocement and governement, its information they will share. But the thing to know is when they annouce all these plans, its for two reasons.
1. They want to scare the bejebbers out of many and create a surveilance watch zone by those paranoid folks who will start seeing cameras and spy drones and Black helicopters behind every sign, hill and DQ. This help make people aware and woried to the point that they don't use that route which means they didn't have to spend a dime on real cameras cause fear did the job for them.

2. The funnel those from #1 to an alternative route where they are really setting up the cameras without telling anyone. and they will startr a clicking away as people pas the cameras, have the faces read & scanned, their plates recorded, ewven if they were picking their nose or smoking the weed.

Genius!!!!

Old 05-29-2012, 05:35 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Default Nothing new

Quote:
Originally Posted by ognend View Post
For all ya folks out west in Utah, CA etc...

DEA wants to scan all license plates on Utah

They are talking not only about scanning license plates but also keeping records of it for 2 years.

Won't be long before we get asked for our papers on the way to the grocery store!

OD

If you're westbound on I-10, you'll be scanned and questioned by the Border Patrol Station west of Las Cruces, NM. If you're eastbound on I-10, the same thing happens at Sierra Blanca, TX. And also if you're northbound on US 54 south of Alamogordo, NM. I have a friend who works for the Border Patrol and he says the license scan is mostly to do a computer check for outstanding warrants. And this has been going on for at least 30 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness