Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 12:31 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times

Advertisements

First off, I usually only wade knee-deep in conspiracy theory rather than jump in head first. I don't believe the elites really intend to kill off 95% of the population or move the entire population into only a handfull of ultra-dense urban cities and prohibit them from entering "wilderness zones" at all.

But I DO see clear indication the Powers-That-Be are actively trying to greatly decrease consumption and resource depletion by forcing the majority down the wealth scale while still hanging on to all their assets.

Strangely enough, I don't want to loose what I've got either, but I also recongnize there is little to nothing that I can do to reverse the trend in a broad way. No amount of stored guns, spam or angry web blogging is gonna change the trend. Even completely removing the current power elites and replacing them will still give us the end result because we ultimately live in a finite world, population growth is exponential and we are gonna run out of resources if we can't expand, just like large herd of deer in a relatively small forest. Anyone who can't see that is totally out-of-touch with nature... and it's a poor survivalist indeed who can't read/interpret nature itself.

After looking at the information, I think the general plan behind Agenda 21 is to cram lots of "skinny deer" in the "forest" without killing them or causing total destruction of the "forest"... managed by the "masters" in their tricked out luxury RVs.

Bottom line, there are gonna be A LOT of people who have their basic survival needs met but not much more, and a plan is being executed to accomplish exactly that. The other far more painful option is eventual "winter kill" per the laws of nature, or the development some as-of-yet uninvented magical techology to save us (probably a "pie in the sky" hope).

So how does one prosper while playing a rigged game? How do you stay comfortable and secure when the Man wants you to stay permanently in a state of ever-declining hand-to-mouth substinence living?

Last edited by Chango; 06-05-2012 at 12:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 12:45 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
First off, I usually only wade knee-deep in conspiracy theory rather than jump in head first. I don't believe the elites really intend to kill off 95% of the population or move the entire population into only a handfull of ultra-dense urban cities and prohibit them from entering "wilderness zones" at all.

But I DO see clear indication the Powers-That-Be are actively trying to greatly decrease consumption and resource depletion by forcing the majority down the wealth scale while still hanging on to all their assets.

Strangely enough, I don't want to loose what I've got either, but I also recongnize there is little to nothing that I can do to reverse the trend in a broad way. No amount of stored guns, spam or angry web blogging is gonna change the trend. Even completely removing the current power elites and replacing them will still give us the end result, because we ultimately live in a finite world and are gonna run out of resources if we can't expand, just like large herd of deer in a relatively small forest. Anyone who can't see that is totally out-of-touch with nature... and it's a poor survivalist who can't read/interpret nature itself.

After looking at the information, I think the general plan behind Agenda 21 is to cram lots of "skinny deer" in the "forest" without killing them or causing total destruction of the "forest"... managed by the "masters" in their tricked out luxury RVs.

Bottom line, there are gonna be A LOT of people who have their basic survival needs met but not much more, and a plan is being executed to accomplish exactly that. The other far more painful option is eventual "winter kill" per the laws of nature, or the development some as-of-yet uninvented magical techology to save us (probably a "pie in the sky" hope).

So how does one prosper while playing a rigged game? How do you stay comfortable and secure when the Man wants you to stay permanently in a state of ever-declining hand-to-mouth substinence living?
Permaculture. Plant a food forest if you have land. Do it on a small scale and interest others in it. The land will sustain more than it does now if managed correctly. Current farming techiniques where farmers plant grain crops and harvest them as commodities instead of food are causing the soil to become unsustainable. Reversing this trend at the micro-level be it with individual portions of farms, a person's own yard, or in major cities with vacant lots has the potential to really make a difference, IMO.

Independence via the chain of food custody is a harmless action of anarchy at the most basic level, both in terms of action and in terms of meeting human needs.

Do a search for the names: Sepp Holzer, Jeff Lawton and Paul Wheaton to find out how they all employ it differently. Back to Eden gardening is yet another method though slightly different.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:00 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,629,876 times
Like a Boa Constricter these ancient plans like Agenda 21 are designed to have control and bring the whole world down together. I can bet anything that some of these powers that be would love to see most of us dead because they're inbred and have mental illness. I think they're beginning to lose but so much damage has been done which we haven't seen the effects of. They own media which attacks Christianity and any theology or liberty mindset that keeps them from controling our mind. In a rigged game, you take advantage of what you can. I'm proud to say that yeah I've received foodstamps before and a few others like financial aid (no way would I pay out of pocket for useless education), unemployment benefits, reduced lunch, cash assistance, heat/electric checks from government sponsered non-profits, etc. I've used nearly ALL of them and that's the only way I'm ahead right now. I am though putting back for a rainy day (or 365) and saving conspiring with my grandpa etc to buy up land, make it profitable. Write off as many business expenses for IRS. Register a non-profit that helps the community and donations tax-deductable.

The advantage right now, is people are hurting, when they can't pay bills they sell things for really cheap to feed their family. There are many foreclosures or tax leins short sells to take advantage of. Maybe begin a crop that will be more in demand as the s starts hitting the f. Bio-fuels. Anything to hedge against lost wages or rising costs or deteriorating piggy bank.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:08 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,601,055 times
Quote:

How does it benefit those in power to impoverish the consumer? Aren't those in power the wealthiest people who own most of the world's manufacturing? Why do they wish to cut their revenue? Poor people aren't valuable consumers.

It seems just yesterday when so many complained about the rich and elite wanting people to buy unneeded consumer goods.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
How does it benefit those in power to impoverish the consumer? Aren't those in power the wealthiest people who own most of the world's manufacturing? Why do they wish to cut their revenue? Poor people aren't valuable consumers.

It seems just yesterday when so many complained about the rich and elite wanting people to buy unneeded consumer goods.
It's not a matter of wanting to, it's the fact that we are bumping against the limits of the environment to support all 7 billion of us and the population is still growing exponentially. Either we continue to grow like hell and then crash and burn after we cross that line or we try to head it off by lowering consumption (and make our finite resources stretch further).

...And poor people use fewer resources, plain and simple. That is our future in a nutshell. The age of consumerism (the old plot for the elites to get rich) is over, and now it's time to pay the price. The elites can always be counted on to try to have their cake and eat it too... so we pay the price under both plans.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:28 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,629,876 times
Quote:
It's not a matter of wanting to, it's the fact that we are bumping against the limits of the environment to support all 7 billion of us and the population is still growing exponentially. Either we continue to grow like hell and then crash and burn after we cross that line or we try to head it off by lowering consumption (and make our finite resources stretch further).

...And poor people use fewer resources, plain and simple. That is our future in a nutshell. The age of consumerism (the old plot for the elites to get rich) is over, and now it's time to pay the price. The elites can always be counted on to try to have their cake and eat it too... so we pay the price under both plans.
I wouldn't say exponentially. The growth rate is slowing. India's fertility rate close to America's. China will decline in population soon. African and middle eastern countries are growing fast but they're so poor that they have little impact. They're kept down with genocide disease and war.

And don't forget, green energies are really growing. In my county each town has a solar array which is a big achievement compared to year 2000. It's not that nations as a whole lack the know-how, but I'd say more of it is corruption, not population growth.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:39 PM

197 posts, read 299,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Current farming techiniques where farmers plant grain crops and harvest them as commodities instead of food are causing the soil to become unsustainable. .

Incorrect , improper soil management and maintenance techniques are causing the soils to become unsustainable.

And you won't feed the world without " harvesting as commodities".

Old 06-05-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
I wouldn't say exponentially. The growth rate is slowing. India's fertility rate close to America's. China will decline in population soon. African and middle eastern countries are growing fast but they're so poor that they have little impact. They're kept down with genocide disease and war.

And don't forget, green energies are really growing. In my county each town has a solar array which is a big achievement compared to year 2000. It's not that nations as a whole lack the know-how, but I'd say more of it is corruption, not population growth.
Nobody has a crystal ball, but the best guesses are that world population growth will level out around 10-12 billion. The USA will add about 100 million people by 2050.

Sure there's physical space for that many, but is there enough stuff in the world for each of them to have a mcmansion full of plastic crap on a 1/2 acre, 3 cars in the driveway, plus job opportunities to pay for it all?

Probably not. The assumption that we'd all just keep getting more affluent over time forever is not physically possible.

Increased competition for resources is inevitable... and already happening. That's why my power, natural gas, health insurance and gasoline bills have literally doubled since I moved into my house in 2006, while my income has pretty much stayed the same...the population in my metro area (Salt Lake City) has probably doubled too.

Slowy but surely, Americans will be pushed out of the standard middle-class suburban lifestyle that we've taken for granted for over 50 years.

To me, it looks like Agenda 21 embraces the inevitable and seeks to manage the average Joe's descent back into peasantry.

But back to my point... I DON'T WANT TO BE A PEASANT! Even in the worst of times, there are always opportunites and ways to circumvent the trend. The question is how?

Last edited by Chango; 06-05-2012 at 01:55 PM..

Old 06-05-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninAmok View Post
Incorrect , improper soil management and maintenance techniques are causing the soils to become unsustainable.

And you won't feed the world without " harvesting as commodities".
No, not incorrect.

Planting grains as commodities for the burning of ethanol is indeed directly related to improper soil management and maint. techniques. It is impossible to chemically treat the soil into sustainability regardless what the Soil Conservation Adminstrative officies may say.

Look at the rapid decline in crop diversity in the USA since the subsidies for soy and corn for ethanol appeared. Mono-culture neither feeds a nation nor the world, at least not in a healthy way where nutrient mineral requirements are met.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Nobody has a crystal ball, but the best guesses are that world population growth will level out around 10-12 billion. The USA will add about 100 million people by 2050.

Sure there's physical space for that many, but is there enough stuff in the world for each of them to have a mcmansion full of plastic crap on a 1/2 acre, 3 cars in the driveway, plus job opportunities to pay for it all?

Probably not. The assumption that we'd all just keep getting more affluent over time forever is not physically possible.

Increased competition for resources is inevitable... and already happening. That's why my power, natural gas, health insurance and gasoline bills have literally doubled since I moved into my house in 2006, while my income has pretty much stayed the same...the population in my metro area (Salt Lake City) has probably doubled too.

Slowy but surely, Americans will be pushed out of the standard middle-class suburban lifestyle that we've taken for granted for over 50 years.

To me, it looks like Agenda 21 embraces the inevitable and seeks to manage the average Joe's descent back into peasantry.

But back to my point... I DON'T WANT TO BE A PEASANT! Even in the worst of times, there are always opportunites and ways to circumvent the trend. The question is how?
Prices rise as the dollar is devalued. It is not all supply/demand. Yes, global governance via Agenda 21 is an attempt to create two classes in this world, the elite and those who serve it. In order to attain this the US's middle class must be destroyed. However, that is a discussion fit for the political forum.

How not to be a peasant and be part of the elite class if Agenda 21 is inevitable? Become part of the ruling class or invent something they need so much that they require your favor to keep them in that which they desire. Figure out what the "next best thing" is and produce it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness