Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 09:55 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Why would you wish to return? I wouldn't. I don't give second chances; I don't forgive; I don't forget.
Several reasons....... I have made a serious investment in the garden, the shop pay I get working here which I did while living away can't be beat, the LL needs a handyman around the property too, and now that pay rate has increased. We trade with one another for private interests too.

He made a mistake and he knows it, which counts too.

Usually I am more like you, but not this time.

NYChistorygal Yeah probably, but any time I told her politely why something should be, she would say 'I'm a city girl'.

I am not familar with such women, and I can't say I didn't want to do her some harm, but then that means I lost.. So in my mind while still working in the shop and or on the property I banished her in my mind. Nothing illegal there. And by harm I mean blow her in for the POT, and or other NH Law she violated IMO.

Before she came she e-mailed my wife to understand about this place. She was told the LL was alergic to garlic, and assorted meats with a lot of presevitives and salts.

So what does she do, but feed this crap to the LL who stood for it just so long before he had me take these foods out of his house! LOL That city gal did herself in....

Oh I forgot, she used more electrics than my wife and I ever did, and made a big dent in his bill for the worse, and with the shop on the same meter, that's sayin' something.

In Anarchy I would have skinned her and rendered her for oil....... said so what....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 12:57 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,687,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post

Before she came she e-mailed my wife to understand about this place. She was told the LL was alergic to garlic, and assorted meats with a lot of presevitives and salts.

So what does she do, but feed this crap to the LL who stood for it just so long before he had me take these foods out of his house! LOL That city gal did herself in....
Uh, Mac, I'm of a naturally suspicious nature, but it sounds like to me that she knew EXACTLY what she was doing...
How much is your LL's property worth, again? Say, if a 'poor widow' wanted to get rid of it because it was 'too much for her'? Of course she would have had to get rid of you and your lovely lady first...

Old 07-13-2012, 01:35 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,945,917 times
I'm with Granny... that chic might just have been crazy, but sounds more like she was crazy like a fox. The dating bait-n-switch sort of sabotage is a particularly effective long con.

Speaking of sabotage and long cons... that's another reason not to get into one of these shared apocalypse bunkers. One psycho or unscrupulous manipulator on the inside would be worse than Lord Humungous on the outside! I'm generally a nice person because I chose to be... but I can think of a few dozen ways to slowly eliminate everyone else in the bunker without being caught or suspected until I'd whittled it down to the last two or three... just saying...

Old 07-13-2012, 02:55 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
It is an decommissioned ICBM missile silo...it ain't going nowhere...tornado or not...built to withstand a hit from a Ruskie nuke. Missile Base Properties for Sale
Very interesting. The one in Maine is gorgeous, and only 349k, that's a bargain.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:54 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,601,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingAll4Seasons View Post
Speaking of sabotage and long cons... that's another reason not to get into one of these shared apocalypse bunkers. One psycho or unscrupulous manipulator on the inside would be worse than Lord Humungous on the outside! I'm generally a nice person because I chose to be... but I can think of a few dozen ways to slowly eliminate everyone else in the bunker without being caught or suspected until I'd whittled it down to the last two or three... just saying...
You might enjoy this film. Apart from the urban setting it seems to be a satire of the James Wesley, Rawles menagerie whether intentional or unintentional. He insists on the comma to identify himself. I like this movie very much; it made fun of what and whom we need to make fun of.

Amazon.com: Tooth and Nail (After Dark Horrorfest): Michael Madsen, Vinnie Jones, Rachel Miner, Nicole DuPort, Rider Strong, Michael Kelly, Alexandra Barreto, Robert Carradine, Emily Catherine Young, Kevin E. Scott, Zack Robidas, Beverly Hynds, Mark

Netflix - Unlimited TV Shows & Movies Online

Old 07-13-2012, 04:03 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,945,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
You might enjoy this film. Apart from the urban setting it seems to be a satire of the James Wesley, Rawles menagerie whether intentional or unintentional. He insists on the comma to identify himself. I like this movie very much; it made fun of what and whom we need to make fun of.

Amazon.com: Tooth and Nail (After Dark Horrorfest): Michael Madsen, Vinnie Jones, Rachel Miner, Nicole DuPort, Rider Strong, Michael Kelly, Alexandra Barreto, Robert Carradine, Emily Catherine Young, Kevin E. Scott, Zack Robidas, Beverly Hynds, Mark

Netflix - Unlimited TV Shows & Movies Online
Rock on! B-Grade horror with a fairly decent cast... love it! I'll have to NetFlix this so we can pick apart everything they're doing that is stupid and will ultimately get them killed

While these films might not be entirely realistic (or total pure fantasy!!) and therefore not perfect situational training examples, they are extremely useful for training your brain to recognize and assess potential threats and possible solutions.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
Uh, Mac, I'm of a naturally suspicious nature, but it sounds like to me that she knew EXACTLY what she was doing...
How much is your LL's property worth, again? Say, if a 'poor widow' wanted to get rid of it because it was 'too much for her'? Of course she would have had to get rid of you and your lovely lady first...
That could be........ as she had no idea this property has reversed mortgaged, and before she came and with out her permission!

I do belive you have the correct insite, and she was told, 'She could do anything she wanted here' , which she took as driving us out. Whyile she was here, she made claim to wanting to hire the homeless, which infact I became. So she had her way for that, but she failed to accept I was the homeless. LOL

Ain't it great? You see I have been down before, and while I won this time, chances are I will be down again.

And this place due to leftist taxes and invasion of state is worth a hell of alot more than it should be worth....

About all I lost was my internet connection..... But now I have for free wifi, which is some wicked fast.

I still have my guns, I can have the garden back next year. (too late to plant, but it could use the rest, and so could I)

You are right about her nursing old wounds, wounds she made up in her head. A few times when she was new, my wife took her shopping for foods, but the woman got 'tired' and had to go see what JC Penny had to ioffer instead. Sleeping in till past noon everyday, and then not doing a whole lot of anything.

And still her crap is left behind..... My wife and I will wait for the right time to get rid of the pink or maybe it's Rose colored bottles of bathroom bling. Total crap to show off to another city gal I guess. And more the costly in time and metal precision weights the LL made for machines we make. I discovered these in my stuff, and will wait for him to ask. These were stored in a shippng box that just happend to be rugged and had been shipped to me. The LL knows that, but hasn't made the machine they work with for this last set.

His mind is like a trap for what he has made and should be around.... hee hee hee...... So when I 'hunt' it will take time and then I will maybe tell a part of the truth.

He deserves that much.... and i don't usually modify any truths...

Old 07-13-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Very interesting. The one in Maine is gorgeous, and only 349k, that's a bargain.
Too bad it doesn't come with ICBM missiles!

Old 07-13-2012, 11:04 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,033,924 times
Mac, was this woman supposed to take care of the LL?

Old 07-18-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
Mac, was this woman supposed to take care of the LL?
Nope she was lookin fer love, but in the wrong places.... The LL mostly takes care of himself. in the before my wife cooked and cleaned for him 100%. Right now he takes care of himself and she does what she feels like. In the before she researched the right foods for his condition (heart), and the other woman fed him everything wrong...

Right now he eats a mix of good and bad..... he still works, but not like he did before. That woman never got out of bed before noon....

She was just a user.... The mistake the LL made was telling her she could do what ever she wanted in the house, and to her that ment anything.

So she basicly moved all of our tools from the kitchen and bath..... Then put fooferaw in the place or real tools, like poly pro towels, 4 matching plates, 4 sets of silverware, 4 glasses, 4 bowls, and etc.

She 'cooked' only in the microwave foods, so making the kitchen pretty was more important than real tools. This made it impossible for us to function.

I tried to expalin and was nice about it, I then told her in harsher terms to lay off our stuff, and re-set the tools in the kitchen to no avail, and we finally left after 'trying' to live that way for 6 months.

Once the next door neighbor witnessed her smoking POT, that was it.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness