Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 01:40 PM

72 posts, read 77,715 times

Advertisements

there will be killing, looting and arson a rape like you can't IMAGINE, that's what will happen. band together my butt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 04:06 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I read that Black Friday shoppers mostly fall into 2 groups..the young and the economically desperate.
The young because it's an "Event" and cool and they can push/shove/grab/throw with no recourse.
The economically desperate because, even with little money, they still have to have all the toys.

It was a good article but I couldn't find it again to post here.

It started off asking if anyone read reports of riots/trampling at Tiffany's or Neiman Marcus on Black Friday.
I am too remote to know of things and events like this. happy for it too...... The crap marketed to people is about worthless, and ends up in the trash by the tie a year ends.... last year at one of the holidays i witnessed people trampling other people to buy friggin sneakers

Life in urban areas sure seems cheap to me...

And yeah eskercurve this is a part of the why I carry..... if by some chance i happen to get caught up in the wrong thing in the wrong place at the wrong time and find out some fool who think his cheap life is better than mine over some cheap junk I will in fact inform via a 1 digital device, the first by the way, that he just lost.

Of course I will inform everyone else he needed to be stopped and all I did was stop him, that it was his bee's wax to die......

I can't tell anyone when and or even IF but with the writing on the wall as it is, the lies coming out of a broke defunct, inept Govt with a less than dollar's value in a buck, that it sure looks like something very bad is about to take place.

I have held and still have Silver Certificates as paper money which at the time were backed up in silver dollars. I am old enough to have remembered using this value form.

At that time (2) 1/2 dollars in silver were equal to a paper note, as were (4) Quarters, and or 10 dimes..

Today a silver dime is worth $2.60........ That makes a current paper note's vale at 1/26th of a dollar....

We never had any 4 cent coin like that..... but that is the best i can do to relate what a dollar today is worth 4 cents...

When We the people find that out there will be Peace and Harmony right?

Old 11-25-2012, 04:12 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,273,469 times
I'm not particularly idealistic, hell I live in the Alaskan Interior because it's remote, but this is interesting reading...

Looting after Hurricane Sandy: Disaster myths and disaster utopias explained. - Slate Magazine

It certainly bears thinking about anyway.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:19 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,922,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
I'm not particularly idealistic, hell I live in the Alaskan Interior because it's remote, but this is interesting reading...

Looting after Hurricane Sandy: Disaster myths and disaster utopias explained. - Slate Magazine

It certainly bears thinking about anyway.
Interesting, but the common theme in Sandy was everybody took it on the chin and were devastated. I hope this is some sort or "evolution" in human behavior, but I have my weapons just in case that isnt true!

Old 11-27-2012, 04:52 AM

1,320 posts, read 2,698,608 times
I don't understand why there were no riots over the last of the Twinkies! Oh Gawd....can you imagine Twinkie Riots?

Old 11-27-2012, 08:02 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,905,875 times
This thread is a case book study in confirmation bias.

Confirmation bias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-27-2012, 08:04 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,905,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
Interesting, but the common theme in Sandy was everybody took it on the chin and were devastated. I hope this is some sort or "evolution" in human behavior, but I have my weapons just in case that isnt true!
No evolution at work at all. It's actually the norm in disasters.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:08 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
"Three meals away"

Old 11-27-2012, 09:38 AM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
I'm thinking I may just go and buy [a gun] and put my foot down and say "look you may have utter faith but ... just in case it doesn't work out as you had hoped."
"Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst."

"It's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it."

The cost of a gun and a reasonable amount of ammo, and maybe a lock box of some kind if you have kids, is a small price to pay for the usefulness and outright necessity of the tool should the SHTF.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:05 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
This is not even close. It would be far worse.
^ what he said.

Imagine Black Friday hairless apes who haven't eaten in a couple of days, have lost everything, have no law enforcement to answer to, no future and all have guns in their hands. It's gonna be UGLY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness