Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 11:45 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,674,468 times

Advertisements

This latest warning is coming from police all across the country. Ignore it at your own peril..............

"Do you think that is an alarmist headline? Well, I am not the one saying this. Law enforcement authorities all over the country are telling citizens that they can no longer deal with all the crime and that people need to lock their doors and prepare to defend their families."

Lock Your Doors And Prepare To Defend Your Family
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 12:01 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,192,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
This latest warning is coming from police all across the country. Ignore it at your own peril..............

"Do you think that is an alarmist headline? Well, I am not the one saying this. Law enforcement authorities all over the country are telling citizens that they can no longer deal with all the crime and that people need to lock their doors and prepare to defend their families."

with all the criminals, cops, very few conservatives, is there many firearms for californians left to lock and load? they sure as hell are not locking and loading any civilianized military lookalike rifles.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:15 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,768,804 times
We have more cops on duty per day in this town, than we have reported cop-needing crimes per week. I'm thinking, I'm pretty sure I don't have to worry about defending myself around here.

But you go right on and prepare your bunker - I'm sure Armageddon will come your way real soon now!

FYI Police Log here for last month was mostly motor vehicle violations, a couple of drunken domestic duke-outs, and a few forgery charges. There was one break-in, and the guy was caught and brought in the same day. And - a break-in isn't going to be prevented if you're at work, even if you have a burglar alarm. Our house was burglarized in the middle of the afternoon once. And the idiots who did it got a broken TV out of the deal - and left the computer and the good jewelry. Crime + here = not impressive.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:27 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,123,668 times
Despite the continued 'chicken little' headlines.... Whats new?

Its been decades since the Supreme Court ruled that the Police were not responsible for individuals well being

Read that case some time if you want to be disturbed... The women were raped and tortured while the police said they were coming, and never came.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:21 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,008 times
i can't believe you actually swallow this insanity. the article contradicts itself in the first two paragraphs.

they can't deal with crime because there are not enough revenues to retain enough officers to maintain order. the author even states the drastic number that have been let go in these communities. then makes the leap the next paragraph that it is bolder criminals and society failing, not the thousands of fewer officers. things look grim, but it doesn't mean we should take the drivel of a madman as truth. have more respect for your beliefs.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:09 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,192,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
i can't believe you actually swallow this insanity. the article contradicts itself in the first two paragraphs.

they can't deal with crime because there are not enough revenues to retain enough officers to maintain order. the author even states the drastic number that have been let go in these communities. then makes the leap the next paragraph that it is bolder criminals and society failing, not the thousands of fewer officers. things look grim, but it doesn't mean we should take the drivel of a madman as truth. have more respect for your beliefs.

you should have watched the guy on tv, he actually told the citizens that they should stay in their homes with firearms ready.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:12 PM

45,337 posts, read 60,512,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post

Aren't you the one that advocates gun control in about every second thread you start?

Old 12-04-2012, 08:02 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
you should have watched the guy on tv, he actually told the citizens that they should stay in their homes with firearms ready.
i did watch it, and he continued to say "Let’s be honest, we don’t have enough police officers." the article in the first post in the second paragraph states it is because of a falling society, not a lack of police officers. you should have read the article, and don't be a fool telling others what they have read or not...when you haven't seem to have done it yourself.

Last edited by EmeraldCityWanderer; 12-04-2012 at 08:17 PM..

Old 12-04-2012, 08:46 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,355,794 times

The guy on the television should be given an award. I'm all for home protection possession of firearms. He's simply stating the logical conclusion of there not being enough police officers on the streets.

I do not agree with the article, though, of a "failing society" causing these issues. Detroit's a mess because let's face it, the city as a whole is a mess because all the profitable companies and the good paying jobs went to the suburbs and they aren't coming back to the city.

They also make Chicago out to be a cesspool of violence. Well it isn't the safest, nor is it the most dangerous city. I grew up there in the 90s. I remember what it was like to have 3-4 murders a day in the headlines. Lately my family says it's much safer, though this year has seen an uptick. Nobody expects it to last beyond this year, and continue falling. And in all reality the vast majority of crimes are done in some of the more violent neighborhoods.

So 1-2 cities having economic troubles causing policing issues is nothing new. In fact the national crime rate has been falling and has been the safest since the 1960s. So if this is a "failing society" then bring it on!

Old 12-04-2012, 09:16 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,904,861 times
A great wiki on the mental illness and deranged looniness of "The Economic Collapse Blog"'s Michael T. Snyder.

Michael T. Snyder - RationalWiki

They guy is a doomsday Christian who has predicted the end of the world and the second coming of Jesus half a dozen times and has always been wrong not that it has stopped him from making still more end of days predictions. Also upwards of 90% of the crap he puts in his blog is just plain factually incorrect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness