Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2013, 11:03 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,102,609 times

Advertisements

The Georgia Guidestones - Why are they at 700m ?

(I am not sure where to put this, but I will try it in this section):

I cannot get the Georgia Guidestones out of my mind...

Ten guidelines or principles is engraved on the Georgia Guidestones in eight different languages:
=====================
1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2. Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
3. Unite humanity with a living new language
4. Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.

6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
9. Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
10. Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.

History
In June 1979, an unknown person or persons under the pseudonym R. C. Christian hired Elberton Granite Finishing Company to build the structure
The Georgia Guidestones are located on a hilltop in Elbert County*, Georgia, approximately 90 miles (140 km) east of Atlanta, 45 miles (72 km) from Athens, and 9 miles (14 km) north of the center of Elberton. The stones are standing on a rise a short distance to the east of Georgia Highway 77 (Hartwell Highway), and are visible from that road. Small signs beside the highway indicate the turnoff for the Guidestones, which is identified by a street sign as "Guidestones Rd." It is located on the highest point in Elbert County
===

/wiki: http://en.wikipedia....gia_Guidestones

*Elberton, GA : 213m : 699 feet - above sea-level
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 03:52 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,517,593 times
An interesting place indeed.

According to a book I read by a former Scientologist who wrote about his experience in that organization, the Guidestones were built by L. Ron Hubbard, who didn't want anyone to know that he was the one that had them built, with the exception of two individuals in Elberton. Supposedly, he wanted to leave something for future humans to find long after this current civilization has ended, to give them a set of guidelines of how to set up a future society. The Guidestones have nothing to do whatsoever with Scientology - it was just a pet project Hubbard wanted to carry out in order to leave a lasting legacy for the distant future.

However, the local community (for the most part) despises these stones, as the general impression is that they were built by Satanists or whatever, and in recent years, they have been subject to vandalism and attempts to collapse the structure by chipping away at some of the stones. If this continues, they may not last 50 years, let alone the 50,000 as they were intended.

So if you happen to be in the area, do stop by for a visit - this is a true American "oddity" and well worth seeing. The town of Elberton is worth a visit as well, as they have a museum detailing the history of granite quarrying in the area and the production of granite-based objects, such as grave markers and monuments. This is why Hubbard chose to put the stones in this location, due to the proximity of the granite quarries, as well as being able to hire a firm that was capable of doing the work - I'm sure they were happy to do the work for him for the green...lol.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:57 AM

I take it that you have seen them, NSD ?
(Probably, Tucker GA is not far from Elberton.)

BTW, I had heard another rumor that they were placed there by Ted Turner.
Some say that local people believe that. Have you heard anything like that?

Why do you think they are at 700 meters above Sealevel?
I saw your note about the nearby quarrying, but is it really that simple?

Do you think that L Ron Hubbard, Ted Turner, or whoever created them, expect Earth changes sometime?

Guideline #1 is:
Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.

And I reckon that:
Before you can "Maintain" the population at 500 million.
You have to get it there first.
Has some one, or some group, got an agenda to reduce human population to that level ?
Or do they merely expect it will get there without their help?

Old 02-28-2013, 11:54 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,448,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geologic View Post

Do you think that L Ron Hubbard, Ted Turner, or whoever created them, expect Earth changes sometime?

Guideline #1 is:

And I reckon that:
Has some one, or some group, got an agenda to reduce human population to that level ?
So far they've been using the slow kill method ie putting a cancer virus in the polio vaccine in the 1960s; other vaccinations; GMOs chemtrails. Bill Gates has openly supported using vaccinations towards
this "cause". Listen to the 32 to 36 second mark to how he says vaccinations will save lives AND BRING THE POPULATION DOWN.
Bill Gates Plan for Population Control? Using Vaccines and Healthcare - YouTube

Then at the 2.06 minute mark he says again "If we do a really good job on vaccines we can lower the population by 10 or 15 percent." Later he says " I can pick a vaccine which is something I love..."

The medical establishment is helping by encouraging young mothers to stop breast feeding and to switch their babies to cows milk formula which just builds up mucous in their bodies and compromises their immune system.

They use chemotherapy a highly acidic drug to treat an over acid condition. It makes NO sense and does NOT help the patient at all.

Then the American Dairy Assn lies telling us that milk is good for us when no being on the face of the planet including carnivores eats dairy after they are weaned off of mothers milk except for us. It is totally indigestible and has no health benefits whatsoever.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:14 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,517,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geologic View Post

Guideline #1 is:

And I reckon that:
Yes, I've been there, but it was back in 2002, haven't been since. I doubt Ted Turner built the stones, as he would have been recognized by too many people, whereas few knew what Hubbard looked like, which makes him a good candidate for pulling that off while keeping a secret as to his true identity.

A lot of conspiracy theorists think the stones are part of a nefarious plan to reduce the world's population to 500m, but I don't believe that for a second. The idea of the stones were to leave a message to some distant human society long after this one has passed away, for whatever reason. If current trends continue, birthrates will fall to a low enough level by mid-century such that the global population will begin to decline without any help from anyone - so it's not hard to imagine the global population falling to a half billion in say, a 1000 years. Sure would be nice in my opinion - more room for everyone.

Oh, the stones are at 700 *feet* above sea level, not meters - I see nothing significant about this - just that they're located on a hill with unusually long sight distances for that part of Georgia.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:51 PM

Yes, feet.
My OP says:
Elberton, GA : 213m : 699 feet - above sea-level

Thanks for the informative post.
It seems strange, to want to leave a message like that in different languages,
like a Rosetta stone, and then leave no more signature than a false name.
For whose benefit? So far in the future?

Old 02-28-2013, 07:40 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,941,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
So far they've been using the slow kill method ie putting a cancer virus in the polio vaccine in the 1960s; other vaccinations; GMOs chemtrails. Bill Gates has openly supported using vaccinations towards
this "cause". Listen to the 32 to 36 second mark to how he says vaccinations will save lives AND BRING THE POPULATION DOWN.
Bill Gates Plan for Population Control? Using Vaccines and Healthcare - YouTube

Then at the 2.06 minute mark he says again "If we do a really good job on vaccines we can lower the population by 10 or 15 percent." Later he says " I can pick a vaccine which is something I love..."

The medical establishment is helping by encouraging young mothers to stop breast feeding and to switch their babies to cows milk formula which just builds up mucous in their bodies and compromises their immune system.

They use chemotherapy a highly acidic drug to treat an over acid condition. It makes NO sense and does NOT help the patient at all.

Then the American Dairy Assn lies telling us that milk is good for us when no being on the face of the planet including carnivores eats dairy after they are weaned off of mothers milk except for us. It is totally indigestible and has no health benefits whatsoever.
SIGH -- No one is talking about killing people under the false auspices of medical aid here.

There is a direct inverse correlation between improved nutrition & healthcare and population growth. All developed nations show this trend... improved nutrition & healthcare leads to higher birth/childhood survival rates and longer life expectancy (short-term population growth). BUT then people stop having so many children because more are expected to live and their quality of life is better, and the population ultimately goes down.

Check out the global population growth figures and notice that the highest population growth percentages are in impoverished countries with lower quality of living standards; while most affluent countries with improved nutrition, healthcare and education are experiencing a NEGATIVE population growth. THAT'S what people like Bill are talking about... it pays to understand what you're hearing when listening to mathematically-oriented people speaking about ultra-large systems.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:44 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,941,237 times
And back to the OP -- I think the idea of the guidestones is interesting, a modern stone henge with the instruction manual printed on the packaging! Unfortunately, I don't think that people have the respect for feats of engineering (or reason) such as these anymore and I doubt the guidestones will enjoy the same reverence and longevity that previous monuments/marvels have.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:20 PM

23,586 posts, read 70,350,712 times
Wordy dictum coming from a wealthy individual. Where have I seen that before... (yawn)

Bill and Ted were much more pithy. "Be excellent to each other, dudes."

Old 02-28-2013, 10:26 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,190,568 times
Well, if TSHTF on the panet earth, I figure only about 5% of the population will truly make it. that is 15.85 million out of 500 million for the planet there.

I dont mean a breakdown of governemt services, I mean TEOTWAWKI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness