Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 09:50 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,924,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
But why have Western security agencies developed such an unprecedented capacity to spy on their own domestic populations? Since the 2008 economic crash, security agencies have increasingly spied on political activists, especially environmental groups, on behalf of corporate interests. This activity is linked to the last decade of US defence planning, which has been increasingly concerned by the risk of civil unrest at home triggered by catastrophic events linked to climate change, energy shocks or economic crisis - or all three.
Pentagon bracing for public dissent over climate and energy shocks| Nafeez Ahmed | Environment | guardian.co.uk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 10:16 PM

1,127 posts, read 1,274,604 times
They are, in a sense, just like the rest of us. They sense bad times coming down the pike, and they know the American people of today are unlikely to take hard times well, or quietly. What would you do, if you knew you were up in front of 300 million people, and any disruption of services or normalcy would be taken badly by those folks? Governments are like any other life form. They want to live. And they have the money to prepare to make sure they stay on top of things. Do I like the government having such power and abusing it like they do? Not a chance. I want to see some folks swinging from lamp posts for it, frankly. But I understand it, and much as I attempt to make sure I keep ahead of things in my own life, I think if I were atop this mad elephant of a nation, I would want to be reading its mind and doing what I thought necessary to ensure my own survival. It ain't right, nor do I think it will end well, but they are just doing what any entity does- analyzing and preparing to counter threats to their existence. And God help you if they see you as that threat.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:40 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,924,229 times
I was just saying that the government is confirming most people's ideas on this forum too.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:00 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,028,702 times
I wouldn't read anything into that. The Pentagon has plans for everything you could possibly think of including invading the USA. It's what they do and they would negligent if they didn't, it's their job to be prepared for multiple scenarios that may occur.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:23 PM

25,690 posts, read 18,777,662 times
Problem is, most folks don't read much into anything these days. Any thought that everyone and everything is not our bestest teddy-bear-like friends and that anyone out there could mean us any sort of harm of any kind, is grounds for being labeled a tin-foil-hat-wearing, conspiracy-spewing lunatic of the first order.

I think there is such a thing as overdoing it. But I also think there is such a thing as underdoing it, as well. As I look around, my opinion is that 99% of our population underdo it. Normalcy bias. One day it will be our undoing as a society.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:25 PM

Chris I'm not calling anyone tin foil hat wearing. I'm just pointing out this is what the military does. They have contingency plans for invading the US, Canada, Mexico, Japan, England, France, Italy and <insert any other nation here>, that doesn't mean they expect to do it.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:52 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Chris I'm not calling anyone tin foil hat wearing. I'm just pointing out this is what the military does. They have contingency plans for invading the US, Canada, Mexico, Japan, England, France, Italy and <insert any other nation here>, that doesn't mean they expect to do it.
Point taken, however, I think they do expect to do it, That is the purpose for planning and preparation. As to whether it actually is ever implemented is another question.

Could this be the jest of what you meant?

Old 07-08-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Point taken, however, I think they do expect to do it, That is the purpose for planning and preparation. As to whether it actually is ever implemented is another question.
My point is while the US has contingency plans to invade Canada they are just contingency plans. There is no expectation they will ever have to invade Canada unless there is some extraordinary set of circumstances in which case they will already have a blue print for it.

Again it's part of the job of military planners, "What if....."

Old 07-08-2013, 05:21 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,451,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
I was just saying that the government is confirming most people's ideas on this forum too.
They are actually doing what they've always done. They've in one way or another admitted what they were going to do before they did it. They did it with 9/11, the Boston Marathon and many prior false flag events in past history. In the Boston Globe they announced before the marathon there were going to be "drills" and no to worry about it. Well citizen journalists caught everything on tape including showing the hired mercenaraies who REALLY set the pressure cooker bombs off replete with before and after pictures of the backpack used....which of course the mainstream media wasn't going to touch with a 10 foot pole because the whole incident was designed to be just another scare tactic. They had patsies already in mind to blame for the incident.

However it wasn't until recently that they started doing it using the Mainstream media. For example, up until this year (although those who follow and do a little research have always known it was true) the Bilderberg Group came out of the closet, so to speak, and admitted that they meet every year. They tried to pass it off as a social event but Europeans at least know that one of the things they dreamed up and put into place while the trusting public wasn't really paying attention was the European Union and the Euro. People in the U.K. were raving mad that their Parliment no longer had control over the U.K the way it once did.

Alex Jones has been following Bilderberg since the 1990s or before and again the MSM has tried to get everyone to believe that he was a big conspiracy theorist. Now that he has a bigger audience than the MSM, people are waking up and realizing it is all true and the MSM has been fibbing all along. The MSM has just been a mouthpiece for the globalists and they are losing credibility like it is going out of style!

Old 07-10-2013, 09:08 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,138,340 times
The government has always had these kinds of plans. The most famous of these is Operation Garden Plot. Every few years, they dust off the old plan and revise. So you can put away the tinfoil hat now.

Document Friday: “Garden Plot:” The Army’s Emergency Plan to Restore “Law and Order” to America | UNREDACTED
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness