Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2014, 12:25 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,607,653 times

Advertisements

We all need to develop our primitive skills. Suppose there's a martial law situation and you're on the list. They grab you unaware but you're able to escape albeit with no weapons or supplies. Being able to fashion a weapon, provide yourself with shelter and water, and knowing how to stay hidden could save your life. Primitive survival knowledge could be a lifesaver in wilderness emergencies as well. I found this website by accident and it's interesting. There are some good links as well; I was impressed by the Wildwood site but that site doesn't link to others so I chose this one.

Living Primitively
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 02:11 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,289,909 times
Looks like some good classes if you can make it to Norway.

Of corse, if "they" want to get you, they will find you with thermal/infrared imaging and have a sniper blast you from a helo.

Last edited by joe from dayton; 01-17-2014 at 02:25 PM..

Old 01-18-2014, 09:16 AM

1,127 posts, read 1,275,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
Looks like some good classes if you can make it to Norway.

Of corse, if "they" want to get you, they will find you with thermal/infrared imaging and have a sniper blast you from a helo.
Or drop a Hellfire on you from a Reaper...

If you rate all that, you really screwed up somewhere. Never **** them off to that level. Keep it at a level where, as long as you are not in their way, it costs more than its worth to come after you. Much easier that way. Me, I am just a wannabe farmer looking to feed my family. Doubt I would ever get sideways of anybody more than a local badge. And that ain't likely, either. Be more likely to help him out if he needed it, as long as he is doing right by the county. See, the trick is to be unimportant...

However, being capable of living off the land temporarily at least is a good thing. There are a multitude of reasons why one might need to. It's just that running from the .gov while trying to hunt and gather is a workload even the Nez Perce and Cheyenne had a hard time with. Not to mention, the average hunter-gatherer family(they needed a family to keep up with the workload) utilized a LARGE area to sustain themselves. Hope not a lot of us decide to go hunt and gather...

Old 01-18-2014, 12:05 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,607,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy73 View Post
Never **** them off to that level. Keep it at a level where, as long as you are not in their way, it costs more than its worth to come after you. Much easier that way. Me, I am just a wannabe farmer looking to feed my family. Doubt I would ever get sideways of anybody more than a local badge. And that ain't likely, either. Be more likely to help him out if he needed it, as long as he is doing right by the county. See, the trick is to be unimportant...
Remember the massacre at Mt. Carmel church in Waco? What do suppose the ninety-two victims including twenty children did to anger the government sufficiently to cause the Clintons to order them to be burned alive?

Ronald Reagan is no longer president. The American government imprisons people today whenever they wish; a trigger word on a phone call is sufficient. The man or woman who is a prudent survivalist learns as much as possible to survive however he or she must.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:54 PM

1,127 posts, read 1,275,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Remember the massacre at Mt. Carmel church in Waco? What do suppose the ninety-two victims including twenty children did to anger the government sufficiently to cause the Clintons to order them to be burned alive?

Ronald Reagan is no longer president. The American government imprisons people today whenever they wish; a trigger word on a phone call is sufficient. The man or woman who is a prudent survivalist learns as much as possible to survive however he or she must.

Mt. Carmel is a bad example. They were a sect of non-official religious orientation, raising their kids in a manner not approved of by the state(guilty here, I must admit), home schooling, congregating in a single residence, making money by selling gun parts of a "non-sporting" nature at gun shows, which are indisputably hotbeds of federal snooping. They were doing all this in a climate of intense suspicion by government about the motivations of its people( much like now), and made of themselves an easily painted target for an object lesson meant to show the American people what length the government was willing to go to maintain control. They were far from the normal working American.

I bet if they had it to do again, there would be more dead agents, and a bigger story. They should have attacked and kept attacking when the initial raiding party retreated. No reason to quit, since they were going to die anyway. That's the single lesson I took from that whole episode. If you are attacked, no more negotiation, no reprieve. They started the raid, they do not get to back off and wait for the cavalry to finish it. Once the cavalry arrives, your options evaporate. Press the fight as soon as the enemy backs up, and stay on him until one of you is destroyed. Since Waco, we know no quarter is given, none is expected, and none will be granted. Solzhenitsyn understood it, and we better get used to the idea ourselves. It is standard doctrine in this house, even though we hope it never comes to that. Being ready is not the same as wishing for it, but denying the possibility just leaves you defenseless.

All that said, your point is well taken, and agreed to. Any of us can become the target of an increasingly despotic and violent government that is intent on solidifying total control of its environment. It does behoove any patriot to learn the skills necessary to survive in any environment he may be called upon to operate in. From wilderness survival to operating in urban environments, one needs to know how to get by and do what they need to without meeting an untimely end. And knowing those skills, do our best to stay off the radar in these interesting times. Must have been the only sober Irishman in history who came up with that curse....

Last edited by countryboy73; 01-18-2014 at 09:06 PM..

Old 01-18-2014, 09:47 PM

25,758 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy73 View Post
Mt. Carmel is a bad example. They were a sect of non-official religious orientation, raising their kids in a manner not approved of by the state(guilty here, I must admit), home schooling, congregating in a single residence, making money by selling gun parts of a "non-sporting" nature at gun shows, which are indisputably hotbeds of federal snooping.
And this is another example of our non-existent constitutional rights. Overlooking the gun parts, why is it that religion, raising children in a manner not approved by the state (unless there was assaults, abuse, violence, etc going on), home schooling, etc should be grounds for what amounted to nazi death camp treatment?

If I want to worship a giant beach ball in my back yard, live in a treehouse with half my extended family, and teach my children the three R's at home, rather than how to don a condom, how to become offended, or how to become a good material/government/tech-addicted/self-absorbed serf... well, in principle there is absolutely no reason I should not be able to do that. Of course, venturing beyond principle, in a police state, one would be incinerated for doing so, right?

Comply or fry.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:29 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post

I remember when the feds murdered 80+ citizens of the USA for committing no crime at all. wish they would have prosecuted each and everyone of those murdering scumbags for murder and fried them in the chair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness