Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 10:43 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times

Advertisements

Just a quick thought... have you noticed the incredible flood of conspiracy theory type information that has hit the net over the last few years? How so much of it actually turns out to be true? How "Wake up Sheeple!" has evolved from a fringe movement to the mainstream and become the new battle-cry of the 21st century? How the sins and idiocy (real or perceived) of the "elite" are constantly highlighted and publicized?

Have you also noticed how high the production values are on many of these shows, how deviously psychologically manipulative they are and how cleanly they dovetail into each other to create a single message... especially strange if they are truly independently produced in random activist's home basements?

I have a new conspiracy theory... We are purposely, systematically and methodically being trained to absolutely hate the current system.

Why? If the Powers That Be really have so much power, why do they allow so much damning evidence to surface and become popularized? In my mind, the only logical reason is because that's exactly what they want.

We still don't know exactly who "they" are... instead we blame and hate their public pawns, the big business tycoons, politicians, celebrities, religious leaders, ect.

I contend that we aren't truly "waking up", we are just leaving one older, failing system of mind control and getting sucked into a brand-new new one.

Any thoughts? Where is this leading?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 12:27 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,602,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Just a quick thought... have you noticed the incredible flood of conspiracy theory type information that has hit the net over the last few years?
It was that way when the Internet started going commercial. Some of the newsletters from conspiracy buffs that used to be snail mailed were sent via email and web sites sprung up. Above Top Secret is one example that comes to mind.

Good psy-ops are highly entertaining to read. Some great examples appeared on God-Like Productions (an internet forum) awhile ago: John Titor, Aussie Bloke, German Guy . . . google these if you missed all of that.

Quote:
I contend that we aren't truly "waking up", we are just leaving one older, failing system of mind control and getting sucked into a brand-new new one.

Not really. Today's current psy-ops are pretty annoying, mostly spreading FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt).

And, no, Lindsay Williams and the rest of those guys don't know anymore than we do, nor have things really changed all that much, except the technology itself.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:41 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,482,288 times
Quote:
Just a quick thought... have you noticed the incredible flood of conspiracy theory type information that has hit the net over the last few years?
Have you noticed the incredible flood of ADVERTISING that follows you everywhere you go on the net? Even if you try to avoid vendors of most types, just accidentally clicking on one for a mere second, thinking it was something else - those ads (usually moving, to get your attention) - follow you everywhere, and it seems that these web sites now all take ad revenues to "fund" hosting their sites.

There is no more internet freedom. The commercial interests have taken it over. Years ago we gave up TV, partly because we found it boring, but more so due to the ceaseless advertising. Looks like the internet could be next. It's just turning into a feeding orgy for everybody looking to take that last buck out of your pocket.

Conspiracy theories? We don't need no steenkin' conspiracy theories. We got advertising!

Old 07-29-2014, 12:45 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
Quote:
Just a quick thought... have you noticed the incredible flood of conspiracy theory type information that has hit the net over the last few years? How so much of it actually turns out to be true? How "Wake up Sheeple!" has evolved from a fringe movement to the mainstream and become the new battle-cry of the 21st century? How the sins and idiocy (real or perceived) of the "elite" are constantly highlighted and publicized?

Have you also noticed how high the production values are on many of these shows, how deviously psychologically manipulative they are and how cleanly they dovetail into each other to create a single message... especially strange if they are truly independently produced in random activist's home basements?

I have a new conspiracy theory... We are purposely, systematically and methodically being trained to absolutely hate the current system.

Why? If the Powers That Be really have so much power, why do they allow so much damning evidence to surface and become popularized? In my mind, the only logical reason is because that's exactly what they want.

We still don't know exactly who "they" are... instead we blame and hate their public pawns, the big business tycoons, politicians, celebrities, religious leaders, ect.

Any thoughts? Where is this leading?
Interesting... a conspiracy theory about conspiracy theories....

Anybody up to looking at the paradoxes of the space time continuum?

Old 07-29-2014, 01:03 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,602,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Interesting... a conspiracy theory about conspiracy theories....

Anybody up to looking at the paradoxes of the space time continuum?
The OP is not alone thinking that thought. I had a similar one after a few beers but after they wore off, it didn't seem like something I should post. (;

Yeah, I had the ads. I hate looking up file cabinets on Google and then having them show up in my newsfeed for the next three days.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:42 PM

323 posts, read 499,362 times
Since my computer broke I am giving real consideration to not getting another one. Just use the ones at the library.

Old 07-29-2014, 04:55 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordyLordy View Post
Here is some homework for you: write an essay on what is so great about the current system. Don't forget to discuss medical expenses as leading cause of bankruptcy, failed wars on terror and drugs, prisons full of people, 1/3rd of the population in debt collection, student loan loads, banks getting bail outs while people go down the toilet, the massive surveillance state, prices of everything going up while quality/quantity goes down, the tainted food supply, so on and so on. Report back on your findings and contrast that to the positives you think you should include in the report. Instead of reporting anecdotes, please present a case for everything. Only then can we debate such things in earnest. Thanks in advance!
Sure, it's FAR from perfect, but have you ever stopped to think how much worse it could be?

Just for argument's sake... say Bill Gates wants me to worship him and/or wants my favorite pair of underwear for himself. Sure his billions buy all sorts of influence.... but ultimately, if I don't want to give him my undies or if I refuse to bow down and worship him, he is out of luck. If he tries to force the issue, he's guilty of the crime of burglary and/or assault (or at least unlawful detention) . If he decides he wants me dead for my impudence, he'd better be sneaky about it because he'd also be guilty of murder and at great risk of being put in jail himself. Ultimately, he doesn't have true power over me.

Now drop me in Tudor England and replace Bill with Henry VIII. Or Ancient Egypt with Ramses II, or Ancient China and Qin Shi Huang.

Any one of them were virtual gods on earth in comparison, holding the literal power of life and death over everyone they see and with no accountability whatsoever to anyone but themselves. They could walk into my house on a whim, swipe my precious drawers and shoot me in the head with absolutely NO danger or consequence to themselves.

Have you ever wondered how many people would love to have that kind of power over 21st century America.. or even the world?

How many Germans wished they had stuck with Weimar rather than Hitler. How many French revolutionaries realized it was ultimately a mistake to trade Louis XVI for one Napoleon Bonaparte?

I can see a VERY big reason for fomenting hatred with the current leadership. In fact, that's one of a hopeful totalitarian dictator's first "projects"...

Old 07-29-2014, 06:24 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
Imagine a ship headed toward an island which needs to be navigated skillfully lest it founder on reef and rocks. Unfortunately the entire crew and the captain are drunk to the point of passing out, and don't care about warnings the passengers are yelling at them. The ship might manage to get through safely, but it's far more likely to founder.

There's no one guiding the world now in any effective way. The leaders have little real power in the face of groups with conflicting interests being willing to die or crash the system to get their way without compromise.

We're becoming a corporatocracy ...... the main problem with corporations is that they are not people with consciences, their main concern is to make profits for the shareholders. Even the biggest shareholders are all about growing income without social concerns. The various agendas about how to make the money are conflicting ..... sometimes helpful (green industries) and sometimes harmful (defense contractors using influence to increase spending or even promote warfare).

The captain and crew are incapacitated. There's really no human in charge. This is almost a reverse-conspiracy theory!

Old 07-29-2014, 07:12 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

This thread reminds me of 1984.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:57 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
The NSA reminds me of 1984.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness