Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 07:01 AM

935 posts, read 1,648,135 times

Advertisements

hope I'm not too far off base but my 22/45 (mklll) only cycles fed22lr.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2014, 07:15 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,482,288 times
I think the OP made a great choice!

There are folks who claim to know what the "best" is...it may be the best for them, but any rifle that fits you comfortably and that you enjoy and shoot well, is the "best" one for you. My .22 is a pretty little Remington 552 BDL Speedmaster semi-auto that is like an extension of my arm. Bought it when I was 35, which was 32 years ago. No problem taking squirrels or rabbits with it, or hitting a bull's eye out to 200 yards. I has a "cheap" (?) Bushnell 4X scope that is better than what's made nowadays.

Old 01-08-2015, 04:58 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,120,183 times
I love my 22s, Ruger and Marlin, but am still on the fence as to optics. I have a red dot and several 3x9 32s and like them a lot for paper punching because I can see how I'm hitting. BUT, I just spent several days plinking in the woods by my home, shooting different sized objects and balloons, and found that I was very effective hitting my targets at all different distances just by using the iron sights alone. And I'm old with eyes that had to be repaired by the VA!

I'm starting to think that for real world, non-sniper application,s that open sights or maybe a peep is really all that I'd need in a shtf situation.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:28 AM

1,127 posts, read 1,274,419 times
PM, nice rifle! Best look out, though, got the .22 with a suppressor, best stop there, it's a slippery slope.... debarked chihuahuas and tactical wheelbarrows and whatnot, you know!

Seriously, though, it is a neat rifle, especially with a good can. Nice rifle for a game getter in the pack. I always liked the idea of a suppressed .22 rifle for game and a large-bore revolver for defense in most areas. The rifle for game up to deer, the revolver for two-legged varmints and things that try to eat ya.

Old 01-12-2015, 12:00 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Thx. So far I really like it. I still have to make a modification -

KIDD Auto Bolt Release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gRB1Gq9cfw

Old 01-17-2015, 08:36 AM

8,414 posts, read 4,571,146 times
I have the stainless synthetic version and love it. It feeds everything I give it flawlessly and is very accurate. The ONLY complaint I have is the bag comes with a huge, glaring red Ruger logo on it. Anyone who knows anything about guns knows what's in the bag. I will prob sew a black patch over it.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:54 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
I have the stainless synthetic version and love it. It feeds everything I give it flawlessly and is very accurate. The ONLY complaint I have is the bag comes with a huge, glaring red Ruger logo on it. Anyone who knows anything about guns knows what's in the bag. I will prob sew a black patch over it.
I plan to use a black sharpy marker to black mine out.

I installed the Kidd auto bolt release and ss plunger this weekend. The bolt release should be factory.

If you get the chance, do that mod.

BTW, the gun we have cycles Winchester subsonics without issue. My GSG 1911 22lr won't cycle them. I must run the Gemtech subsonic through the pistol to get it to cycle.

Old 01-19-2015, 03:36 PM

8,414 posts, read 4,571,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I plan to use a black sharpy marker to black mine out.

I installed the Kidd auto bolt release and ss plunger this weekend. The bolt release should be factory.

If you get the chance, do that mod.

BTW, the gun we have cycles Winchester subsonics without issue. My GSG 1911 22lr won't cycle them. I must run the Gemtech subsonic through the pistol to get it to cycle.
I ordered the Kidd Yesterday. I guess that is the other thing I don't like about it, the awkward bolt release. This should make the gun perfect.

And good to know about the subsonics. I hadn't tried any but want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness