Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 03:59 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,531,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
Deagel.com is one source that I'm scrutinizing to see if I can decipher baloney. One correspondent
equated individual salary income to GNP a separate map? He said incomes in the 50k range would
be diminished to 11 k not able to provide goods and services in extreme inflation to survive. There
is reference to war, and mass disruption of supply and demand.? This source needs another look
yet gaining popularity by end-timers.
You're on the right track. The fact that one of the Washington boys went after you proves it.

Suddenly he's no longer playing the dimwit redneck. "Linda_d'' (it's interesting that he knew the exact spelling ) is likely sitting in the next cubicle or maybe she and MTSilvertip are one and the same. There must have been a conference in the unit this morning to decide what the link should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Biggest Mystery On Internet Solved? Deagel Site Completely Exposed With Tom Clancy Link?!

WOW!

Those guys must be the ones that Linda_d from New York references when she thinks of the off the wall doomers when she speaks about anyone that preps or does self suffiency.

I've seen some wacko sites before, but that one takes the cake!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2015, 04:37 PM

6,743 posts, read 8,516,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
You're on the right track. The fact that one of the Washington boys went after you proves it.

Suddenly he's no longer playing the dimwit redneck. "Linda_d'' (it's interesting that he knew the exact spelling ) is likely sitting in the next cubicle or maybe she and MTSilvertip are one and the same. There must have been a conference in the unit this morning to decide what the link should be.

[/b]
You forgot to take your meds this morning again didn't you.

Old 06-11-2015, 04:51 PM

7,485 posts, read 10,439,765 times
Quote:
"Linda_d'' (it's interesting that he knew the exact spelling ) is likely sitting in the next cubicle or maybe she and MTSilvertip are one and the same.
You suggesting that MTS has pulled a Bruce Jenner on us...???

Old 06-11-2015, 05:15 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,531,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
You suggesting that MTS has pulled a Bruce Jenner on us...???
???

Read his previous post. Does it sound like the good ol' boy we all know? It sounds like governmentese, e.g., reference as a verb. His ad hominem attack reads like one of Linda_d's. His admiration for that poster shines through.

I'll take LordyLordy/ognend. He's a leftist because he can't grab 75 sections of prime grazing land and become a cattle baron, but he's about as likely to be a government agent as you or I.

Old 06-11-2015, 05:30 PM

7,485 posts, read 10,439,765 times
Quote:
Read his previous post. Does it sound like the good ol' boy we all know? It sounds like governmentese, e.g., reference as a verb. His ad hominem attack reads like one of Linda_d's. His admiration for that poster shines through.
I don't really think MTS has any "admiration" for anybody on CD...much less Linda_d. I read his above comment to mean that he figures it's a whacko website of the sort that would really get someone going, who was the type to discredit preppers as being 'conspiracy theorists'. Exactly like the Linda_d person, who thinks that only weather-related events are likely to happen here in the good ol' USA.

Quote:
I'll take LordyLordy/ognend. He's a leftist because he can't grab 75 sections of prime grazing land and become a cattle baron, but he's about as likely to be a government agent as you or I.
You can have him!

Old 06-11-2015, 05:43 PM

14,017 posts, read 20,844,390 times
Depopulate 78%? That's great news for traffic in Los Angeles! Can't wait for the day.

Old 06-11-2015, 06:33 PM

1,149 posts, read 1,581,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Biggest Mystery On Internet Solved? Deagel Site Completely Exposed With Tom Clancy Link?!

WOW!

Those guys must be the ones that Linda_d from New York references when she thinks of the off the wall doomers when she speaks about anyone that preps or does self suffiency.

I've seen some wacko sites before, but that one takes the cake!
I'm completely lost. Is it just me or are these sites poorly written? I can't tell what they're talking about half the time. They assume the reader knows everything already, which I guess is true since their audience is conspiracy theorists. But let me get this straight.

There is a secret, unknown company out there known as Deagle, which is actually a subsidiary of the nonprofit foreign policy think tank Stratfor, which works with the US government and the Russians to depopulate America by running guns? And Tom Clancy was murdered because he used the things they did as plot devices in his books?

Old 06-11-2015, 07:57 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,865,085 times
One problem with a financial crisis lowering incomes to let's say from 50k to 11 k is that the value of 11k would exchange as 5k or poverty. This 5k would further dilute if there is no retail available ....FOOD!! ( no interstate commerce, distribution beyond a slight impact from FEMA ( unable to get to point B). Some Americans are prepared to extend life 6 months ( maybe if not murdered, looted , because you don't have hollow point in your Berreta).....…We affluenia misfits will never survive. We be silly.

Old 06-12-2015, 02:10 AM

1,829 posts, read 2,223,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
Deagel.com is one source that I'm scrutinizing to see if I can decipher baloney. One correspondent
equated individual salary income to GNP a separate map? He said incomes in the 50k range would
be diminished to 11 k not able to provide goods and services in extreme inflation to survive. There
is reference to war, and mass disruption of supply and demand.? This source needs another look
yet gaining popularity by end-timers.
Didn't bother tracking down the links, but in the late 70's and very early 80's inflation was 12-14% and mortgage rates were 16-18% for a short period. You couldn't get a 30 year fixed, and salary raises were typically 1/2 the inflation rate or up to the inflation rate. Financially, all but a very few lost significant economic ground. You can still see the financial impacts today in the baby boomer generation IMO. The front end of the generation that were in houses etc. prior to the inflation have generally done far better economically then the ones the were locked out of houses etc. by the inflation, because they had no hedge against the devaluation, and had salaries that looked good, but didn't buy what the same salaries bought just a few years earlier, and continued to be devalued at a pretty brisk pace until sometime around 82-83.

I doubt incomes will be diminished in dollar amounts the US, and I don't think Social Security will fail, but I do expect rampant inflation at some point soon, due to all the money printing and social welfare spending in the US. Basically inflation will devalue the currency to the point that the debt becomes manageable and social spending of all types (in real terms) is significantly cut - along with the value of salaries/income sources. Whether you cut salaries or devalue them, the economic effect is the same, but the causes are a little harder to identify in an inflation scenario for the average joe.

I also see potential for a hyper inflation scenario, but believe the government will not allow deflation as proposed in the OP - people would revolt under that scenario. Avoiding deflation can easily be done by juicing the money printing presses, but that creates inflationary pressure that will be just as devastating economically, but harder to identify as a political policy problem in time to affect the policy changes needed, and less likely to cause intense social upheaval.

The price for free government bread and circuses is our liberty, and once our liberty is surrendered, the price will then be the free bread and circuses, and we will be powerless to do anything about it at that point. No conspiracy, just a naked power grab using people's own selfish nature and laziness against them IMO.

Old 06-12-2015, 03:41 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,577,997 times
"Oh no, you mean black helicopters."

Hey; I FLEW black helicopters.

Glad to see the reference to the Carter years. When "Jimmuh" was president the Dow Jones Industrial average and the price of gold were equal at around $820. They can fool with interest rates, but thy cannot change the principles of economics. In 1915 you could buy a cow with a $20 gold piece. Today you can buy a cow with that same $20 gold piece, but a $20 boill won't get you very far down the meat counter.

So, what has changed? The value of the real items have not changed. Many people understand our economy. As more people experience that "Aw crap" moment they begin to consider their options. They consider where they would rather be during the adjustment. They come to places like Maine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness