Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 06:33 AM

5,404 posts, read 3,595,350 times

Advertisements

there are too many side effects with modern drugs. if a serious epidemic occurs post SHTF your best prevention is to go into self imposed isolation until the infection has run its course. most infections spread because of our large urban centres, too many people all in one place, a cough-a sneeze- will infect many people. post SHTF there will be fewer people. even the plague died out when it had no more live bodies to infect.

Last edited by bigpaul; 08-05-2015 at 06:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 08:48 AM

1,170 posts, read 1,022,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandefjord View Post
Ok, first off lets take a peak at Canada vs. Chicago on gun laws

Chicago has the toughest gun laws in America and also has the highest gun crime rate...hmm

Canada has a very lax gun law and is one of the safest countries on earth

Most European countries DO NOT have mandatory vaccination schedules, in fact most of them don't even need reasons to opt out. They do how ever give monetary incentives to get them or tax breaks for families who get them.

The fact of the matter is, we are no longer trying to eliminate these diseases, just prevent them and I am all the rights of all Americans to do so, BUT if I believe the mercury, formaldehyde, organic compounds, and yes cells from fetal tissue are not safe to put in my child's body, than I should have the right to excuse them from vaccinations. Once again, this is not tin hat conspiracies, this is straight from the CDC and FDA websites. Doctors don't like you asking questions because of their God complex and while I will be the first to admit that they are smarter than me, don't think for a second I also don't believe that they are more concerned with their pockets than my health.
Are you nuts? Canada has a lax gun law??? You clearly don't let facts interfere with your conspiracies.

We are very proud of our strict gun control in Canada. And yes, it does keep us safer. We severely restrict the right to guns and it contributes to our safety.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:09 AM

258 posts, read 347,252 times
Quote:
Ok, first off lets take a peak at Canada vs. Chicago on gun laws

Chicago has the toughest gun laws in America and also has the highest gun crime rate...hmm

Canada has a very lax gun law and is one of the safest countries on earth

Most European countries DO NOT have mandatory vaccination schedules, in fact most of them don't even need reasons to opt out. They do how ever give monetary incentives to get them or tax breaks for families who get them.

The fact of the matter is, we are no longer trying to eliminate these diseases, just prevent them and I am all the rights of all Americans to do so, BUT if I believe the mercury, formaldehyde, organic compounds, and yes cells from fetal tissue are not safe to put in my child's body, than I should have the right to excuse them from vaccinations. Once again, this is not tin hat conspiracies, this is straight from the CDC and FDA websites. Doctors don't like you asking questions because of their God complex and while I will be the first to admit that they are smarter than me, don't think for a second I also don't believe that they are more concerned with their pockets than my health.
Some good points. As someone who values personal liberty - I feel you are right. It should indeed be a matter of a parent's choice.

The only thing I am concerned about is - if sufficient children are not vaccinated, are we bringing back diseases that society collectively worked to eradicate? And are we putting other kids at risk?

Nonetheless, I am for this being a parental choice as long as it is clearly not a public risk to others.

The problem with gun control however is different. That is clear stupidity on our part, in my humble opinion. Australia had the same love of guns. And they are more similar to the US than possibly any other country. Settled at roughly the same time, the same massive amounts of land, big cities but also large rural population - many that live in wilderness (and thus fend for themselves, and live a hard life).

They even share similar likes and dislikes - value independence, value and protect personal liberty, love for sports and adventure and outdoor life, love for family and community. And until a few years ago, they had lots and lots of guns. And heck, they even have the same issue with the native population that used to live in Australia.

But they reacted to extreme cases of gun violence (mentally unstable person shooting down dozens) very differently.

Moderator cut: Language in video

Last edited by Jeo123; 08-06-2015 at 12:07 AM..

Old 08-05-2015, 09:47 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
There are absolutely some who do get their info from little cute pictures posted on Facebook, but my family and I have got everything we needed straight from the CDC, FDA websites and Dr. Sears.
Then, for the most part, you use the government sources? I would never, ever trust what the CDC says.

I have a son with Down syndrome and he is very sensitive which gave me a chance to see the results of those immunizations for things I had as a child and everyone was surviving them. I don't care what the government says because had the government came out and said "These immunizations have caused severe consequences." that would not have been good for the medical machine. $$$$$$$$$$ drives the government sources.

Informed choice is good.

On gun control, I read this article and what I got from it that stood out was that the Canadians trust the government to look out for their best interests, many of us, on the other hand, do not trust our U S government: Why Canada I believe in the right to bear arms by US citizens.

Secure the US borders and we will have to worry less about gun control and diseases, not to mention bed bugs and lice!

Old 08-05-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Then, for the most part, you use the government sources? I would never, ever trust what the CDC says.

I have a son with Down syndrome and he is very sensitive which gave me a chance to see the results of those immunizations for things I had as a child and everyone was surviving them. I don't care what the government says because had the government came out and said "These immunizations have caused severe consequences." that would not have been good for the medical machine. $$$$$$$$$$ drives the government sources.

Informed choice is good.

On gun control, I read this article and what I got from it that stood out was that the Canadians trust the government to look out for their best interests, many of us, on the other hand, do not trust our U S government: Why Canada I believe in the right to bear arms by US citizens.

Secure the US borders and we will have to worry less about gun control and diseases, not to mention bed bugs and lice!
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, "informed choice"? Vaccines are safe. Less than 1 in a million chance of severe adverse reaction (for a healthy child the odds are higher that your kid will be a BILLIONAIRE than have a serious adverse vaccine reaction.)

Pharma makes more money through pandemic than vaccines.

We have rigid requirements to carry a gun in Canada. I've never seen a handgun anywhere except where I travel in the US.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:15 AM

67 posts, read 59,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, "informed choice"? Vaccines are safe. Less than 1 in a million chance of severe adverse reaction (for a healthy child the odds are higher that your kid will be a BILLIONAIRE than have a serious adverse vaccine reaction.)

Pharma makes more money through pandemic than vaccines.

We have rigid requirements to carry a gun in Canada. I've never seen a handgun anywhere except where I travel in the US.

No, TLVANCOUVER,

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about

The chances are closer to 1 in 100 (1 in 104.7 to be precise) for a sever reaction to occur. The US government has a fund setup for those who are injured because here in the good ol' US of A, "pharma" can't be held responsible for adverseness affects caused by their products. This is because they are one of the top 5 industries contributing to political campaigns (both parties). We will never know what makes more for those companies because so much money goes to lobbying and therefore comes back ten fold when states like California and Mississippi force vaccinations. Pandemics are one time occurrences where the products are are made as quickly, efficiently and cheaply as possible to stop the spread, not spread out over long periods of time across the entire population like vaccines do.

The facts are right there, but most people would rather John Stewart or Kristen Bell tell them whats best for their family. It's fun to tease us "crazy" people who actually do our own research or have witness firsthand whether it be ourselves, friends or family members who have been severely affected by these injections. I pray you never get a bad does or a bad reaction like I have, and have seen. ]

On the gun laws here, you could make EVERY gun illegal here and it would not drop the violence level 1%. Look how well prohibition did and the on going drug war. I didn't mean to say gun laws in Candida are a joke, as I am not 100% familiar with all of them, but I can tell you here in the states it varies from state to state, and even city to city. Cities like Chicago and Baltimore have some of the strictest laws on earth and yet have more gun violence than anywhere else.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:17 AM

5,404 posts, read 3,595,350 times
anybody here remember thallidimide ??

Old 08-05-2015, 10:24 AM

67 posts, read 59,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Informed choice is good.

My daughter has a rare genetic syndrome (Pitt Hopkins Syndrome) that leaves her mentally and physically disabled and is extremely sensitive to EVERYTHING. We had to home-make her formula from the time she was born because she could not handle commercial formula, breast milk or even prescription formulas. She went from 4% weight on prescription formula to 87% weight in a month in a half after home making it. The CPS got wind of it and started investigating because it uses raw cows milk which here in America is a big no-no because apparently nobody drank raw cows milk for thousands of years before pasteurization and lived. The reason I am stating this is that western medicine, although it has came a long way, cured many disease, and has made life better in numerous ways, still has a lot of short comings and they seem to take the approach that if you aren't with them, you are against them. If that's the case, stay out of my life, I am not letting anyone decide whats best for my family after the results I have seen.

I don't believe the CDC or FDA have my best interest at heart and a lot of their data is BS, but its pretty clear when they show the ingredients in the vaccines, their injury fund, and contradictory information about whats good and whats bad for your child that you can see that not all of those pills you pop or shots you take are "good" for you.

Yes, Canada does seem to trust their govt to protect them more that we do, and the true, constitution upholding citizens in the US don't believe the US govt has our best interest at heart and we have that pesky Bill of Rights for a reason, to not only be able to hunt, protect yourself, but also to overthrow a government if necessary. Its just a fact. If you want to freely give up your guns, bend over, and let the Govt do their thing to you, go right a head, but they aren't coming in my door.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:24 AM

78,329 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
No, TLVANCOUVER,

The chances are closer to 1 in 100 (1 in 104.7 to be precise) for a sever reaction to occur. The US government has a fund setup for those who are injured because here in the good ol' US of A, "pharma" can't be held responsible for adverseness affects caused by their products. This is because they are one of the top 5 industries contributing to political campaigns (both parties). We will never know what makes more for those companies because so much money goes to lobbying and therefore comes back ten fold when states like California and Mississippi force vaccinations. Pandemics are one time occurrences where the products are are made as quickly, efficiently and cheaply as possible to stop the spread, not spread out over long periods of time across the entire population like vaccines do.

The facts are right there, but most people would rather John Stewart or Kristen Bell tell them whats best for their family. It's fun to tease us "crazy" people who actually do our own research or have witness firsthand whether it be ourselves, friends or family members who have been severely affected by these injections. I pray you never get a bad does or a bad reaction like I have, and have seen. ]

On the gun laws here, you could make EVERY gun illegal here and it would not drop the violence level 1%. Look how well prohibition did and the on going drug war. I didn't mean to say gun laws in Candida are a joke, as I am not 100% familiar with all of them, but I can tell you here in the states it varies from state to state, and even city to city. Cities like Chicago and Baltimore have some of the strictest laws on earth and yet have more gun violence than anywhere else.
1) Please source your 1 in 104.7 number. It would help the discussion IMO.

2) Several US states with "lax" gun laws have comparable (or lower) gun crime rates than Canada. Heck, my home state of Illinois has a low gun murder rate per 100,000 people if you exclude the Chicago metro area. It's not the laws making the difference. It's important to make sure however if people are actually talking about gun murders etc. and not mixing in suicides.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ted_death_rate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_vi...tates_by_state

Old 08-05-2015, 10:31 AM

Quote:
No, TLVANCOUVER,

Your knowledge of vaccines is absurdly shallow, and profoundly misinformed.

A red mark is not a severe (not "sever") reaction. (Read the 100 page thread on vaccines - warning, lots of big words and actual science )

Your conspiracy theories about "big pharma" don't make them true. Similarly you clearly don't understand economics as again, you're simply wrong about your false "profit" argument.

No one's denying that one in a million severe reaction, but any rudimentary risk modeling weighs that against the risk of life threatening preventable diseases. Vaccination works. Those that believe the fear mongering from fraudsters are putting their kids (and those unable to be vaccinated due to age or medical conditions) at risk.

Follow Jenny McCarthy, I don't care. I follow the CDC and EVERY SINGLE REPUTABLE MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL when I make my medical decisions.

Thankfully the states are becoming more aggressive with vaccine mandates to protect the most vulnerable.

On gun laws, again, you have no idea what you're talking about (gotta love the internet).

Regardless of state legislation your "right to bear arms" is the root of your irrational obsession as a nation with guns. The reason Canada has less gun violence is because we severely restrict ownership of handguns with rigourous screening, waiting periods etc. - all stuff that makes conspiracy theorists' heads explode. You may want to back away from your Canadian example as it sure doesn't help your case (whatever that is )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness