Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 11:34 AM

67 posts, read 59,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
The post above is helpful, it reinforces the lack of understanding by conspiracy theorists of aggregating peer reviewed data and studies for convenience vs granola "buy my book on why actual doctors are bad" sites that make up the very data they use. Regardless of the URL, look to the data.

If you don't like science and links to research then hopefully you don't make medical decisions for your kids, and certainly others shouldn't rely on you for their kids. I really really hope their health is informed by someone who DOES read research.
Once again (I am getting tired of saying this) read my previous post... I believe vaccines have worked, I am glad you are able to get them and I hope you can continually get them. I also don't trust a system that has a VERY dark history when it comes to medicine and vaccines. This is not a conspiracy, its a fact. The US govt has officially acknowledged it, and it still happens. NOT CONSPIRACY, FACT

You keep going along with what the media is telling you, I will do my research and actually look at facts. These facts are even taken from them, but you would rather read between the lines and see what you want to see (this is obvious and is seen in everyone of your post on here).

NOW I KNOW YOU AREN'T GOING TO READ THIS BUT WILL PUT IT UP ANYWAYS.

Because of the effects that "modern western medicine" have had on my children, I have mostly turned away from it and since have had tremendous success with their health. The awful things I have had to watch my children suffer thru, I wouldn't wish on anyone, not even you. Just because John Stewart says its true, or mocks other opinions, doesn't mean its right.

They used to think the Earth was flat, that electricity was magic and that AIDs came from Africans copulating with monkeys. Science has came a long way, and it will continue to grow, so to say that what they are telling you right now is the absolute truth is ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 11:47 AM

78,014 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandefjord View Post
Do you remember the patients in 1942 who were injected with an experimental flu vaccine at a state insane asylum in Ypsilanti, Mich....by Jonas Salk

They didn't have a say in it, and was considered criminal back than, as it would be today as well.
Are you bringing this up as some sort of origins story as to when you started hating vaccinations?

Old 08-05-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Are you bringing this up as some sort of origins story as to when you started hating vaccinations?

What?

I am saying a lot of the vaccines we have today, even from the god of vaccines, Jonas Salk were performed on disabled people who didn't have a say in the matter.

As a father of a disabled child and with the new law (21st Centuries Cures Act going thru the gov't so fast it proves the point they haven't even read it) I am scared to death of what they could do to my child and she would not even be able to tell me about it. This is something to government has done in the past and are now trying to stream line the process to do it again. (http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp1506964)

Until you know the pains of that reality, don't you dare try and challenge me.

Last edited by sandefjord; 08-05-2015 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: Added resource

Old 08-05-2015, 11:53 AM

78,014 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:
The fact that I even replied to a comment with anything that has a source starting with "en.wikipedia.org/" is out of character for me. I usually just pass those by because let be honest, Wikipedia is a joke.

What specifically was wrong with the source since it was just a bundled pass-along of government statistics?

Old 08-05-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What specifically was wrong with the source since it was just a bundled pass-along of government statistics?
If you are relying on Wikipedia to do your research instead of compiling those resources yourself, you have bigger problems. If you are trying to defend it as an accredited resource for compiling information, I am not even going argue as I can already see it being like be arguing with a wall.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:30 PM

1,170 posts, read 1,018,742 times
Quote:
If you are relying on Wikipedia to do your research instead of compiling those resources yourself, you have bigger problems. If you are trying to defend it as an accredited resource for compiling information, I am not even going argue as I can already see it being like be arguing with a wall.
Oh, I'm willing to bet you will. You only change the topic in the face of incontrovertible evidence that you're wrong. Facts do, in fact, matter.

I'm sorry your kid is sick, that doesn't give you special standing to make things up and present them as fact. Your experience doesn't trump the data. Just because you're afraid of something doesn't make that fear rational.

If the post would have linked all the reputable scientific studies separately they would be more valid? Okey dokey...

Old 08-05-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Oh, I'm willing to bet you will. You only change the topic in the face of incontrovertible evidence that you're wrong. Facts do, in fact, matter.

I'm sorry your kid is sick, that doesn't give you special standing to make things up and present them as fact. Your experience doesn't trump the data. Just because you're afraid of something doesn't make that fear rational.

If the post would have linked all the reputable scientific studies separately they would be more valid? Okey dokey...
Moderator cut: Language/Personal attack

I have presented facts, historical ways the US govt and medical industry has covered up and then acknowledged, and also the fact that your "data" will be obsolete in the near future, as it always does in the scientific world.
You want some actual data that I didn't get off of a Twitter post by someone in Hollywood??

Look up Dr. Sears, Dr. Andrew Moulden, New England Journal of Medicine, and legal data and lawsuits that are in the past and present.
-Merck with Vioxx and MMR vaccines with falsified data
-http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/B/excipient-table-2.pdf
-http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/04/26/vaccines-adverse-reaction.aspx
-http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/09/27/vaccines-are-dangerous-says-the-government.aspx
-http://educate-yourself.org/cn/All-Vaccines-Cause-Ischemia-(Impaired-Blood-Flow)-Which-Blocks-Oxygen-Delivery22jul15.shtml#top
-http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/judge-lawsuit-against-mercks-mmr-vaccine-fraud-to-continue/
-http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/six-reasons-to-say-no-to-vaccination/
-http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/open-letter-doctors-reject-unvaccinated-patients/
-http://www.nbcnews.com/id/17134702/#.VcJaB_lViko
-http://ezinearticles.com/?Dangers-of-Gardasil-Starting-to-Emerge&id=576462

I am at least saying I believe they work as well as saying I am proud that we live in a country where you can do what you want. You are just being a deliberate troll. I will do my research and come up with my understanding, and I encourage you do the same. We may not come out with the same answer, but that's ok and I am glad we 'currently' still have that freedom.

Last edited by Jeo123; 08-06-2015 at 12:12 AM..

Old 08-05-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:

I am sorry that you haven't had any tragedy in your life where you have had to literally fight for your child's life. This brings you to levels you will NEVER understand getting to a point of where you are reading more medical documents and discussing with more doctors than will ever even meet. Maybe if you got to this point in your life, and the ones you should be able to trust in these situations (the govt, doctors, drug companies) come to find out are actually your enemies. But while you sit in your comfy chair in your mom's basement and have no worries or cares, I am sure it is easy to still trust these "professionals". I don't make anything up, especially when it comes to life or death decisions for my family, and I don't take them lightly. This isn't about whether to give them infants or child strength ibuprofen, this is seizure medications, bowl blocking surgeries, trial drugs for lower intestinal nerve damage, pharmaceuticals to control hypo and hyper venting. So next time you tell me about doing research, actually do it yourself and think of it as a life or death situation, not just whether some hippie/conspiracy theorist is just trying to go against the system...it will bring you down a worm hole you may not want to go into because those rainbows and butterflies you have been lied to about become the demons and dragons you have feared all along.

To go along with my first sentence, I hope you never have to understand this or get put in a position I have been in and HAVE to do the extensive research I have done. I hope you can live a long happy and healthy life taking part in what the govt and pharma prescribe to you, maybe you will be part of the majority of folks it doesn't negatively affect, but just remember, its not true to everyone.

Old 08-05-2015, 02:11 PM

25,789 posts, read 21,942,589 times
Is this the CDC in the article that people are listening to? What Is Wrong With the CDC? - Salem-News.Com & The CDC: Dangerous Lies & Scare Tactics | The Liberty Beacon

You can "google" for articles and see the times that the CDC has misrepresented (politically correct for lied) facts and figures.

Here is an article discussing the disabled and prison inmates being used as human guinea pigs: America's shocking secret: US experimented on disabled citizens and prison inmates | Daily Mail Online and yet another: WINDS - Human Guinea Pigs Used for Involuntary Experiments

The medical machine marches on.

Old 08-05-2015, 03:02 PM

22,673 posts, read 6,410,386 times
Still haven't got the shingles shot, SIL had them and she was miserable for months...PA told me if I see any
rash, get in right away and they can keep it from becoming worse..(SIL didn't go in for a long time thinking
it would go away)....I keep planning to go in but when I did they didn't have them available...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness