Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 01:09 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,617,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
Has anyone gone out in public in any decent size city lately? I'd say the zombies are already here .
Exactly!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2015, 01:31 AM

5,407 posts, read 3,600,460 times
I saw a load of zombies last time I was in London in the 1970s, all hanging off the straps in the tube system and I can tell you they all looked brain dead!! its probably got a lot worse since then.

Old 08-12-2015, 10:03 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,493,343 times
As much as i'd love zombies...i'd have to say 0%

Old 08-12-2015, 11:43 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormynh View Post
Zombies and especially the flesh eating kind are very scary to think about. What is the percentage chance that there will actually be these horrid creatures in th SHTF? How soon should I prepare as well?

Actually, if rabies could be weaponized (read: spread by simple sneezes and proximity contact, the way the flu is) then it's somewhat possible. Both the US and the Russians have worked on this idea.

Rabies now requires direct physical contact by a carrier... like a bite. But if it could be spread as an airborne virus it could easily spread like wildfire, because symptoms don't usually appear until much later, sometimes months later. In that situation millions could be infected pretty rapidly and they wouldn't even know it.

Once someone starts showing symptoms it's too late... there is no cure. But that individual will start showing erratic, often violent behavior. In a densely populated area, if there were thousands of people like this, it would be a real challenge to control.

But it's unlikely they would be actual flesh eaters. Just violent people that die after a week or so.

Old 08-12-2015, 01:23 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,404,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Once someone starts showing symptoms it's too late... there is no cure. But that individual will start showing erratic, often violent behavior. In a densely populated area, if there were thousands of people like this, it would be a real challenge to control.
So, in many USA urban areas, how would someone tell if there was a difference from the way things are now?

Old 08-12-2015, 05:02 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times
Watch "The Strain" on FX.

& "Be Prepared".........

Old 08-13-2015, 09:52 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,727,849 times
https//:www.youtube.com/watch?=e62z5zJjp2I

It's a 51 minute video that explains in detail where your real "zombies" might come from, courtesy of CERN (The LHC)

There are shorter videos around the periphery of that one to get you more of a summary, scary stuff.

The time line is even scarier......September 2015.

Of course this is all just good entertainment, right? But we all need a kick in the pants to get our preps done, and review them from time to time. This might be a good motivator. Happy viewing.

CN.......

Edit: Cant get the link to work. Go to youtube and search "CERN Opening of the abyss"

Last edited by Compression; 08-13-2015 at 10:13 AM..

Old 08-17-2015, 03:40 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,599,129 times
I've never encountered a zombie of the Hollywood variety and doubt that they exist. However, we must not forget the zombie, properly jumbee, created by voodoo practioners in Haiti and the Virgin Islands. Without going into detail on the creation of a zombie it's worthwhile to examine defensive weapons should firearms be unavailable or ineffective.

Joerg Sprave has designed and built several that seem to do the job. I've appended two videos. I've also appended a supposedly fictional account from the seventies. The instructions on killing a zombe are accurate.

Many serious researchers have wondered at Hollywood's sudden obsession with zombies. There's a general belief that the American government requested it to divert attention from the real threat. On election night in 2008 there was a brief clip from Kenya of natives' sacrificing goats to insure Obama's victory. Needless to say, it quickly disappeared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcBHte9AXq8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGcqFvdJCQY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL_zTT7mbmM

Old 08-23-2015, 12:59 AM

5,407 posts, read 3,600,460 times
"zombies" in a prepper sense will be the dead and the dying, the diseased and the addicted.

Old 08-24-2015, 01:35 PM

1,871 posts, read 4,266,129 times
There is nearly a 100% chance that you will still need to go to your job and pay bills regardless of what may happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness