Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2018, 02:38 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,599,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrysue View Post
Before you start with recipes, please consider 2 diseases that are unfailing lethal:

1. Kuru
2. Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathy (TSE)

If you do feel an overwhelming urge, do not eat the brain!

Preparation can also be hazardous. Tuberculosis, bloodborne viruses (such as hepatitis B and C and HIV), as well as cholera, E. coli, hepatitis A, rotavirus diarrhoea, salmonellosis, shigellosis and typhoid/paratyphoid fevers can all be contracted when cutting up the body.

If air is exhaled from the lungs, or fluids spurt up when the lungs are removed, tuberculosis can be contracted.

So . . . . be careful and cook thoroughly at high temperatures . . . or eat squirrels.
Do not, however, eat squirrel brains. They're very popular in parts of Kentucky where they have caused prion disease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 10:00 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,873,838 times
Wondering which body parts would make the best eating.A rib roast,maybe…..and does a tenderloin strip exist on a human?The upper leg and buttocks area is much like round and the shoulders would be the same as chuck on a steer.
Lower arms and legs would be a little tough unless braised and simmered for a while.
Also would a nice cabernet work? or maybe something lighter like pinot noir.
Don't think I'd consider eating someones face like that homeless drug addict did in New York but who knows?

Old 07-27-2018, 11:11 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,599,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
I certainly can't argue with describing communion (and the dogma of transubstantiation) as "silly".
"Silly" refers to your previous post.
Quote:
Whether Catholic or Protestant, it's a cannibalism ritual. The Protestants keep it symbolic, by recognizing that they are consuming bread and wine (or non-alcoholic grape juice for Methodists) and that it remains bread and wine. Catholics turn it into genuine cannibalism by invoking the dogma of transubstantiation, claiming that bread and wine becomes the actual flesh and blood of Jesus Christ.

Pretty bizarre, either way.

Old 07-27-2018, 12:15 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,257,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
"Silly" refers to your previous post.
If you feel that way, that's fine by me.

I consider the failure to recognize "religion" and "mythology" as synonyms to be rather silly, and the Christian cannibalism ritual, whether symbolic or the genuine cannibalism of transubstantiation, to be the pinnacle of silliness.

Old 07-27-2018, 12:17 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,843,415 times
If a person has to ask this question, there is no answer that is going to change one's mind. It is so unthinkable that I can't even discuss it. Goodbye.

Old 07-27-2018, 01:30 PM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
If you feel that way, that's fine by me.

I consider the failure to recognize "religion" and "mythology" as synonyms to be rather silly, and the Christian cannibalism ritual, whether symbolic or the genuine cannibalism of transubstantiation, to be the pinnacle of silliness.
I consider the failure of some to live and let live to be rather silly, and not having the inner strength or respect to refrain from bashing the religious beliefs of others to be the pinnacle of silliness. In fact, I consider both to be cornerstones of tyranny and the reasons for a good deal of strife, wars, carnage, and genocide through the ages.

When any given religion becomes dictatorial outside the bounds of its membership, or that religion seeks to enslave or kill others, that is the time to stamp it out. Beyond that, its adherents deserve the same respect that should be afforded everyone. Of course, that applies to not only religions, but general philosophies as well.

Old 07-27-2018, 02:13 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,257,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I consider the failure of some to live and let live to be rather silly, and not having the inner strength or respect to refrain from bashing the religious beliefs of others to be the pinnacle of silliness. In fact, I consider both to be cornerstones of tyranny and the reasons for a good deal of strife, wars, carnage, and genocide through the ages.

When any given religion becomes dictatorial outside the bounds of its membership, or that religion seeks to enslave or kill others, that is the time to stamp it out. Beyond that, its adherents deserve the same respect that should be afforded everyone. Of course, that applies to not only religions, but general philosophies as well.

How am I failing to "let live"? I have no desire to prevent somebody from practicing their religion. I just consider it ridiculous to engage in said practice, and cannibalism rituals I find to be particularly ridiculous.

Old 07-28-2018, 09:42 AM

1,080 posts, read 1,273,502 times
P47P47 - I do not mock anyone's beliefs. I am sure some of my lifestyle is amusing to others. I also do not interfere with anyone's practice of religion unless it involves doing harm to others.

My God said I should treat others the way I want to be treated. This was one of the two great commandments of my religion, the other being 'Love God with all your heart, mind and soul'.

Old 07-28-2018, 01:34 PM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrysue View Post
P47P47 - I do not mock anyone's beliefs. I am sure some of my lifestyle is amusing to others. I also do not interfere with anyone's practice of religion unless it involves doing harm to others.

My God said I should treat others the way I want to be treated. This was one of the two great commandments of my religion, the other being 'Love God with all your heart, mind and soul'.
A great attitude. Unfortunately, it seems that society (especially today's society) has the attitude, "If they aren't just like me, they are fair game." Fair game runs the spectrum from mocking others all the way to killing others.

Personally, there lots of aspects of society and trends I wholeheartedly despise. But unless it/they are somehow diminishing my own free choices, it full-speed-ahead with "live and let live," and your "treat others as you would have them treat you." Of course, I'm not going to let people walk all over me, but those two tenets are set as default in my mind and we go from there--even if I do happen to have a poor attitude or negative opinion toward whatever others are specifically doing.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:12 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Anybody remember the movie Soylent Green: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green?

Of course maybe we just have too many people taking Flaka recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF0fBKLh0A8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness