Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 09:47 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
NK, Iran, ISIS if they could get hold of one, any number of Moslem countries we have "liberated"...take your pick.
You've been watching way too many Hollywood propaganda films.

Iran doesn't have nuclear weapons and doesn't have a nuclear weapons program.

ISIS is not going to "get hold of one."

North Korea produced at most ~60 kg of plutonium, according to the CIA. Since they conducted two nuclear weapons tests, we know they used a minimum of 4.5 kg times two test-shots, so the maximum amount North Korea would have remaining is ~51 kg.

Best case scenario for North Korea is they could use the remaining ~51 kg to construct four 20 kt warheads.

In order to maximize damage, the weapons must be air-burst. It's simple spherical geometry.

The greater the height/altitude of burst, the farther the blast wave travels, and it is the blast wave that does 90% of the damage (the rest is from heat and a small amount from radiation).

Anyone who believes that a 100 kt fission-fusion device produces more radioactive fallout than a 20 kt fission weapon doesn't really understand nuclear weapons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 09:55 AM

5,407 posts, read 3,601,746 times
point 1. I don't watch the crap that comes out of Hollywood that passes itself off as "entertainment".
point 2. NK is a closed society, I believe it set of a missile not long ago, Iran may or may not have nuclear capability i'm sure they aren't telling the whole truth about their nuclear programme, and whilst ISIS might not have access to nuclear technology now, it is gaining in strength every day and who knows where they will go next.
you are probably right about nuclear, after all we have M.A.D.(mutually assured destruction) that is okay for "conventional" foes they are aware of the consequences, these mad religious outfits are a different case though, they are so fanatic they could try/do anything.i wouldn't put anything past them.

Old 09-18-2015, 09:49 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,870,986 times
Nothing. I will crawl, scrape and take my last breath doing everything I can to survive.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:01 AM

5,407 posts, read 3,601,746 times
you and me both, I just don't think a nuclear attack is survivable in the long term, that's all i'm saying.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:32 PM

2,234 posts, read 3,320,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
You've been watching way too many Hollywood propaganda films.

Iran doesn't have nuclear weapons and doesn't have a nuclear weapons program.

ISIS is not going to "get hold of one."

North Korea produced at most ~60 kg of plutonium, according to the CIA. Since they conducted two nuclear weapons tests, we know they used a minimum of 4.5 kg times two test-shots, so the maximum amount North Korea would have remaining is ~51 kg.

Best case scenario for North Korea is they could use the remaining ~51 kg to construct four 20 kt warheads.

In order to maximize damage, the weapons must be air-burst. It's simple spherical geometry.

The greater the height/altitude of burst, the farther the blast wave travels, and it is the blast wave that does 90% of the damage (the rest is from heat and a small amount from radiation).

Anyone who believes that a 100 kt fission-fusion device produces more radioactive fallout than a 20 kt fission weapon doesn't really understand nuclear weapons.
Just this week more then 50 national security analysis have went to the press to inform them that the administration has been lying about Iran's and NK's nuclear situation and ISIS. So all the information that the public has is inaccurate at best and whatever the public believes will always be better then the actual situation.

Here is what we really know, North Korea has nuclear weapons, North Korea is a trading partner with Iran. so this should be obvious that Iran does not need to build their own bombs but what Iran does need is money to buy the bombs from North Korea. Now that Obama has given Iran more then 100 billion dollars a year for the foreseeable future, Iran now has the money to become a nuclear power.

We will know that Iran is a nuclear power when they set one off in Israel or the US and government will act surprised just like 9-11.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:27 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,238,812 times
Yellowstone exploding.

The continental US will be ruined.

Where will we all go? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness