U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 04:55 PM

31,307 posts, read 50,609,311 times

Advertisements

Farms are changing to adapt to changing climate.

Farmers Adapt to and Mitigate Climate Change Effects

At our Spring Growth Conference one panel discussion was held on how farmers are acting now to adapt to changing weather.

Many of these farmers are former farm apprentices who are now successful farmers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2015, 05:14 PM

9,857 posts, read 11,398,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post

Farmers Adapt to and Mitigate Climate Change Effects

At our Spring Growth Conference one panel discussion was held on how farmers are acting now to adapt to changing weather.

Many of these farmers are former farm apprentices who are now successful farmers.
Evidence?

I mean real statistical evidence thaqt indicates change. Leftists never discuss global warming or even say it anymore because it doesn't exist. Climates change over the centuries in cycles, but that's not what you're talking about. You're talking about your liberal desires to destroy Western Civilization.

Apparently your bunch couldn't afford to pay any academic prostitutes.

I'll take Monsanto.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:37 PM

7,227 posts, read 8,448,761 times
Quote:
While I also do not believe in climate change, I'd love to know what specifically they are doing to overcome it. Because I am using the same techniques and materials (fertilizers, tools, methods) as I was using down in RI several years ago, and it's still working great for me.

Sounds like the Spring Growth people needed a new topic to address at their conference, and latched onto "climate chamge" as something that "everybody" would be concerned with.

If you find that "climate change" stuff is workin' out well for ya, I say go with it!

Old 09-21-2015, 05:54 PM

Climate is always changing.

When I was a teen Al Gore's 'Nuclear Winter' was all the rage, years later it became whatever it is today. He gives his speeches and sells books either way.

No two years have the same weather.

You ask for 'evidence', Do you doubt these farmers exist? Do you doubt that they attended a conference? The article explains what they are doing.

I am not in favor of Monsanto, much of what they do violates my religious beliefs. However you are free to do as you please.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:59 PM

15,659 posts, read 7,727,299 times
The Real Headline:

"Hippies With Big Gardens That Call Themselves Farmers Hope To Get Attention By Saying They're Changing To Adapt To Changing Climate."

Old 09-21-2015, 06:03 PM

15,659 posts, read 7,727,299 times
Quote:
Climate is always changing.

When I was a teen Al Gore's 'Nuclear Winter' was all the rage, years later it became whatever it is today. He gives his speeches and sells books either way.

No two years have the same weather.

You ask for 'evidence', Do you doubt these farmers exist? Do you doubt that they attended a conference? The article explains what they are doing.

I am not in favor of Monsanto, much of what they do violates my religious beliefs. However you are free to do as you please.
They're more like gardeners, Sub. And as a poster thinks you're being political associating you with some kind of left leaning agenda, anyone that knows you knows you're far from it.

Old 09-21-2015, 06:04 PM

7,227 posts, read 8,448,761 times
I gather that the "evidence" that HiW requested, was of climate change, not the existence of the farmers! I think he was likewise being sarcastic about Monsanto. I certainly avoid Monsanto, as much as possible! Getting harder to avoid them.

Old 09-21-2015, 06:12 PM

If you can produce enough food on your land to financially support yourself and your family. Then you can call yourself a turnip if you wish. I do understand that to many people a farmer must have 1,000+ acres, and a job in town to support the 'farm'.

Whether you wish to call them 'gardeners' or 'farmers' so long as they are doing it, what difference does it make?

I agree they are mostly hippies; some lean liberal and some lean conservative. A few Mennonites are in the bunch also.

Old 09-22-2015, 07:09 AM

2,878 posts, read 3,948,724 times
I always find it funny when people who have absolutely no climate science education make statements like "I don't BELIEVE in climate change, as if climate change is a religion or a point of view that you can choose to BELIEVE in.

Start with reading some hard papers if you can understand the statistics and the math. Do NOT read regurgitated s*it that someone else "done" with a different end in mind - these almost always have an agenda.

Anyways, I would start here: Dr. James E. Hansen — Publications - read the papers and think for yourself. I would try and post papers that deny any of this but they are pretty hard to find.

Old 09-22-2015, 07:54 AM

The plow brings the rain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or