Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 08:26 AM

4 posts, read 25,282 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I got a few life threats from someone, who saith he will hire a professional killer from some Albanian Besa Mafia to kill me

Friends told me that there are no real killers or hitman in the real world only in movies and games, so that I should not worry

What do you think? Should I go to the police or they will lauch in my face? I don't want to go to police and be in an embarased situation where they take the guy and he says it was just a joke

Any ideas of how could I prepare myself to avoid being killed?

I hope noone ban my thread because I am asking how to avoid and stay safe from killers..

Any suggestions and thoughts are appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 09:10 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,482,288 times
You need a lawyer, man....

Old 12-22-2015, 09:11 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
If this is a serious question and not a troll thread....

You don't say where you are, what country or any other information, so a lot of the self defense advise we use would be useless outside of the US.

If you can get wasp spray, it works to dissuade an attacker when shot in their eyes, but that isn't a solution for someone paid to kill.

There are hit men, and if you feel the threat is serious, go to the police. I was stationed in Kosovo for a while, and it wouldn't be hard to hire a hit on someone there.

Good Luck.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:26 AM

4 posts, read 25,282 times
I am living in Florida, but I am not a native american, I moved here from France

Yes, I have a pepper spray but I don't think I could defend with that, if the hitman has a gun...

I hope that in US is harder to hire a hitman than in russian countries..

Altough this person who threated me is from Internet, so I don't actually think he knows where I live, unless he has IT skils to find it out from my IP

I will go to the police with a screnshot of his conversation, maybe they can catch him...

I tried to talk him into beliving he should not try anything like that, I told him that he will probably hire an undercover cop and get arrested which I wish to him, but he said he will use Deep Web ( whatever that is ) to find his killer and that he will not meet him in person and he won't provide any details about himself, just details on me and payment by bitcoin to escrow, so that the hitman will only get the money when the job is done

So I don't know what to think.. I really hope he just want to make me feel bad about it and won't do anything to hire a hitman

Old 12-22-2015, 09:52 AM

5,404 posts, read 3,595,350 times
i think someone is "winding" you up.

Old 12-22-2015, 10:11 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,099,416 times
There are such things as hit men in the US

And there are, of course, Internet liars.

Any threat against you should be taken seriously.

Save and print out the threats against you. Also, type up any information you have about the person making the threats his name, address, employment, vehicle he drives, names of family members -- anything to identify him --- and take it to the police. Be ready to answer their questions honestly about how you know him, and what relationship or interactions you have with him.

You may also choose to have a lawyer advise you both in regards to going to the police AND in regards to any interaction you have with the man threatening you.

If you believe he is involved in international crime, you can also contact your local FBI office. Just look up the FBI homepage, find the home office closest to you and ask to speak with an agent about possible international threats against you involving organized crime. One or two agents will meet you at your home or in a public place if you choose. They are very polite and professional. You can feel comfortable speaking with them. You may actually be helping them in their fight against foreign based organized crime.

As for yourself, you may choose to take shooting lessons and legally protect yourself with a firearm according to the concealed carry and home defense laws of your state. Please research and educate yourself and do this responsibly instead of just buying a gun.

Enlist family members and neighbors to keep an eye out for anything going on around you, and for them to know to call the police if they see anything strange going on around where you live.

Reach out in several directions and educate yourself.

Old 12-22-2015, 10:16 AM

8,048 posts, read 12,761,708 times

Someone is going to spend 50,000 dollars and risk prison because of an internet disagreement? You are WORRIED about it?

Old 12-22-2015, 10:19 AM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times
does he want money from you to spare you? If so it is a common scam.

Old 12-22-2015, 12:21 PM

1,333 posts, read 882,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneTia View Post
I am living in Florida, but I am not a native american, I moved here from France

Yes, I have a pepper spray but I don't think I could defend with that, if the hitman has a gun...

I hope that in US is harder to hire a hitman than in russian countries..

Altough this person who threated me is from Internet, so I don't actually think he knows where I live, unless he has IT skils to find it out from my IP

I will go to the police with a screnshot of his conversation, maybe they can catch him...

I tried to talk him into beliving he should not try anything like that, I told him that he will probably hire an undercover cop and get arrested which I wish to him, but he said he will use Deep Web ( whatever that is ) to find his killer and that he will not meet him in person and he won't provide any details about himself, just details on me and payment by bitcoin to escrow, so that the hitman will only get the money when the job is done

So I don't know what to think.. I really hope he just want to make me feel bad about it and won't do anything to hire a hitman
Hello JaneTia,

Let me hopefully put your mind at ease. There is no evidence that any "deep web" hitmen are legitimate; indeed there is every reason to think they are not. For instance, the somewhat popular case that was just ruled on not so long ago, Ross William Ulbricht: Owner of the largest online drug market "Silk Road", allegedly attempted to hire at least two hitmen. Both times, the people he hired were Law Enforcement and the "hits" were never taken out.

In addition, no hitmen use "escrow." This is simply nonsensical. The value of escrow comes in when you need a middleman to hold money between when a product or service has been purchased to when the request has been fulfilled. There is no such service for hitmen. The hitman would need to verify that you have the bitcoin you promise to pay him and he would need to ensure that he actually receives the bitcoin you promised.
Most hitmen on the deep web require something like $8000 as a downpayment before they will carry out a murder.

The closest thing to this nonexistent hitman service is a crowdfunded hitman service which has never been proven to actually work; though it is an interesting prospect.

The person you are talking to is simply using words you don't understand to scare you. There's nothing you need to worry about. If you provide a username of this individual, I'd be interested in knowing a little bit about them.

Last edited by Skyl3r; 12-22-2015 at 12:35 PM..

Old 12-22-2015, 01:43 PM

2,234 posts, read 3,318,562 times
Pepper spray and mace only work on sober people. A little booze and drugs works wonders to overcome any chemical repellant. Stun gun is worthless if the other person has a gun.

I would not be too concerned about internet threats. I have had several death threats on the internet and it hasn't even raised my heart rate. People threaten other people when they want their way or feel belittled. Threatening makes them feel better about themselves, the affects on the threaten person is up to that person. Threatening another person is also a sign of stupidity on their part, if for some reason they go through with it the first person the police look at is the recognized threat.

If some one really wants you dead they would not threaten you, they would just show up at the most unexpected time and give no warning of what's to come.

Notifying the police is a good idea but don't expect that to help save you. Restraining orders are the same, worthless!

It not that hard to find who you are on the internet, there's an amazing amount of information available to the knowledgeable internet people. It's amazing the number of naïve people that think there identity is hidden.

To sum it up I wouldn't worry to much, but do keep situational awareness. Try to change up your schedule and routes to and from normal daily destinations and since you are in Florida I would buy a gun and get the training to use it from a good school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness