Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 10:06 PM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe33 View Post

Revolutions are rarely founded in Rational thought.
Any of these countries, of the past, that turned to Communism, they came to a T in the road: I'll work and starve under this system of Capitalism, I'll work and starve under communism! And? Eeny-meeny-Miney-mo! No rational thought needed!

Completely understood why China turned to Mao and Communism. The imperialists were flooding the country with cheap manufactured goods, the U.S. included, putting millions out of work, setting up manufacturing plants where they worked 10-12-16 hours a day, and paid so poorly they hardly were left with anything to eat!

And along came Mao, who chased the Imperialists out of China!

In this case, I don't even think it was a case of Eeeny-meeny-miney-mo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 10:26 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,601,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Any of these countries, of the past, that turned to Communism, they came to a T in the road: I'll work and starve under this system of Capitalism, I'll work and starve under communism! And? Eeny-meeny-Miney-mo! No rational thought needed!

Completely understood why China turned to Mao and Communism. The imperialists were flooding the country with cheap manufactured goods, the U.S. included, putting millions out of work, setting up manufacturing plants where they worked 10-12-16 hours a day, and paid so poorly they hardly were left with anything to eat!

And along came Mao, who chased the Imperialists out of China!

In this case, I don't even think it was a case of Eeeny-meeny-miney-mo!
When and how did this happen? If other countries were flooding China with cheap goods, what were the Chinese doing in manufacturing plants making presumably more expensive products?

Citations are required here.

Old 06-09-2016, 01:30 AM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Germany, Japan, Russia, Great Britain, the U.S., and even France (not satisfied enough with having Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia), along with missionaries, back in the mid-to-late 1800's were vying to carve up China, with each having a piece of it.

From An Outline Of History, compiled by Tung Chi-ming

"After the Sino-Japanese War, the imperialist powers (cited above) stepped up their political and economic encroachment in China. The dumping of merchandise increased day by day. During the 35 years between 1864 and 1899 china's imports rose from 51 million to 264 million taels of silver. Her foreign trade which had formally enjoyed a favourable balance of 2 million taels per annum turned to an unfavourable balance of 69 million taels a year. China's silver reserves were virtually exhausted."

"The influx of machine-made cloth and yarn had seriously affected the urban and rural handicraft industry, especially workshops operating on a family basis. Scores of millions of village women and handicraftsmen were deprived of a living."

"Because of the influence of the missionaries, local Manchu officials in places conspired with church members to seize the land of the peasants. Some of the missionaries, moreover, set up courts in their churches, in which they did not hesitate to persecute the peasants."

So! This all reeks of Karma to me, what goes around, comes around, and, additionally, paying for the sins of our Fathers!

Enjoy all your Chinese made products, and subsequently, the loss of jobs!

No small wonder the Chinese turned to Revolution and Communism! What choice did they have?

And as it looked like Mao was to bring Communism to China, the U.S. was secretly hoping Capitalistic Japan would take over China, as we were their biggest arms supplier!

Last edited by tijlover; 06-09-2016 at 01:41 AM..

Old 06-09-2016, 02:43 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,601,055 times
Quote:
Germany, Japan, Russia, Great Britain, the U.S., and even France (not satisfied enough with having Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia), along with missionaries, back in the mid-to-late 1800's were vying to carve up China, with each having a piece of it.

From An Outline Of History, compiled by Tung Chi-ming

"After the Sino-Japanese War, the imperialist powers (cited above) stepped up their political and economic encroachment in China. The dumping of merchandise increased day by day. During the 35 years between 1864 and 1899 china's imports rose from 51 million to 264 million taels of silver. Her foreign trade which had formally enjoyed a favourable balance of 2 million taels per annum turned to an unfavourable balance of 69 million taels a year. China's silver reserves were virtually exhausted."

"The influx of machine-made cloth and yarn had seriously affected the urban and rural handicraft industry, especially workshops operating on a family basis. Scores of millions of village women and handicraftsmen were deprived of a living."

"Because of the influence of the missionaries, local Manchu officials in places conspired with church members to seize the land of the peasants. Some of the missionaries, moreover, set up courts in their churches, in which they did not hesitate to persecute the peasants."

So! This all reeks of Karma to me, what goes around, comes around, and, additionally, paying for the sins of our Fathers!

Enjoy all your Chinese made products, and subsequently, the loss of jobs!

No small wonder the Chinese turned to Revolution and Communism! What choice did they have?

And as it looked like Mao was to bring Communism to China, the U.S. was secretly hoping Capitalistic Japan would take over China, as we were their biggest arms supplier!
This was published in Hong Kong. The publishing house was owned by Red China. There is no further reference to the author.

An Outline History of China: Tung Chi-ming: 9789620400056: Amazon.com: Books

Old 06-09-2016, 04:06 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,487,112 times
Quote:
And how are you going to organize a revolution without usage of Smartphones, Cell Phones, the Internet?:
The same way that revolutions throughout history have been organized -- by word of mouth.

Most of the patriots today are in their 50s and 60s. They are not addicted to smartphones or the internet. Many of them are ex-military, and ex-police. They are scattered throughout the 50 states. They do not belong to any named group, and have no real leaders.

They are just waiting. For what -- I'm not sure. But they're waiting, silently.

Old 06-09-2016, 04:14 AM

19,024 posts, read 14,201,797 times
The Problem
. . .
Every money mad economic system eventually creates an imbalance, where one party is depleted of money tokens and the other not. Once the customer can’t buy, the seller can’t sell. That breeds a breakdown in trade, and you know what follows then.

All that suffering is not necessary.

In reality, there is only population, whose labor is amplified by tools and machines, to fashion resources into surplus usable goods and services. Once you escape outside of money madness, it is quite obvious that money masters are predators seeking to gain other people’s property with inequitable trade.

The harmless producers are not seeking war nor advantage, but merely equitable trade. It’s the predators who use every trick and scam to gain at the loss of others.

Old 06-09-2016, 04:57 AM

19,024 posts, read 14,201,797 times
Quote:
Any of these countries, of the past, that turned to Communism, they came to a T in the road: I'll work and starve under this system of Capitalism, I'll work and starve under communism!
Blaming capitalism (private ownership) is incorrect.
The predators upon private ownership, collectivist slavers (communists) and usurers (so-called "capitalists"), rely on money madness to generate inequity.

Cultures that do not subscribe to money madness are not fooled into 'making money' while ignoring prosperity - the production, trade and enjoyment of surplus usable goods and services.

Old 06-09-2016, 06:08 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,226,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
The same way that revolutions throughout history have been organized -- by word of mouth.

Most of the patriots today are in their 50s and 60s. They are not addicted to smartphones or the internet. Many of them are ex-military, and ex-police. They are scattered throughout the 50 states. They do not belong to any named group, and have no real leaders.

They are just waiting. For what -- I'm not sure. But they're waiting, silently.
Long ago my grandfather told me that you can always tell a true war of freedom because it is fought voluntarily by old men.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:53 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,487,112 times
Quote:
Long ago my grandfather told me that you can always tell a true war of freedom because it is fought voluntarily by old men.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:02 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,540 times
Quote:
Your grandfather was a wise man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness