Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2016, 04:05 PM

3 posts, read 2,571 times

Advertisements

I'm a single plain jane mother in late 20's with a daughter and dog. im looking to live somewhere within a 8-9 hour drive from the Superstition Mountains in Apache Junction, AZ and was thinking about Colorado, MAYBE Utah. I was hoping someone familiar with those areas could give me some ideas on where to start looking that has cheap houses for rent or rent to own if the area is good enough and also safe. I'm getting to the point in my life where I want to pick a place to start settling down and actually buying a house with maybe a little bit of land to get a horse or two. I don't like cold I love the mountain mentioned above but don't want to live in AZ. Looking for a place that is cheap rent or mortgage and cheap living. jobs aren't too important I can pretty much do anything. Please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 04:31 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,528,466 times
Colorado has become a leftist hellhole. I left fourteen years ago; it's far worse now. Drug use has become astronomical since the legalization of marajuana. Illegal drug dealers switched to heroin. It's very expensive as well. Winters range from moderate to very cold depending on the area. Try southern Utah.

Old 08-10-2016, 04:35 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,892,784 times
Durango or Cedar City Ut. Both are cold snow in winter but not bad. 90 in summer. Cedar City is great, but it's infested with Mormons.

Moab or Grand Junction might fit you better, warmer year round, 105 summer, 30's winter.

Why not AZ?

Need $3-400,000 for a house of any substance in any of those areas.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:42 AM

Thanks for the feedback, don't get me wrong I love AZ but the economy isn't the greatest and not the best place to raise a kid at least not where I grew up. the houses were cheap you could get a nice little place for $50-$80,000 but the people suck. I lived most my life there I love the desert but looking for something different to live out the rest of my life. So you both agree with Utah huh? ok I will check that area out a little more. if you can think of anything else please let me know I'll have to take a trip to check out the areas. Thank you!!!

Old 08-11-2016, 09:42 AM

4,315 posts, read 3,963,243 times
A job should take priority.

Lots of cheap places to live but the reason usually is there are no jobs there.

A person needs some kind of an income regardless where they move to .

Old 08-12-2016, 07:52 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,938,012 times
The Canon City and Pueblo area of Colorado have a mild climate. Sometimes called the "banana belt"....an exaggeration.

Old 08-12-2016, 02:34 PM

coloGuy thanks for the reply do you know if those areas are cheaper living or rent wise?

Old 08-23-2016, 05:08 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,938,012 times
I think Pueblo may have a pretty reasonable cost of living. May have changed after the pot enthusiasts moved here.

May be lots of jobs in Canon City. We love to toss folks in jail. Many wind up in Canon City. I don't know why they devoted our best climate to hailing inmates. I might say to save on energy bills but the government is more in to spending than saving. 19 trillion examples...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayskad_17 View Post
coloGuy thanks for the reply do you know if those areas are cheaper living or rent wise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness