Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2016, 06:02 PM

915 posts, read 1,625,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
This does make sense. If I didn't let me fieisty early-days persona of a hockey player get in way today, ha, I'd be far better off, I agree. The only specific issues w/ his posts has been the incessant behavior to create disturbances for no reason. I only see it in him on this forum. So, I apologize for the harping yet think someone need say something lest he continue wasting the otherwise decent, honest input from everyone here.

Ok enough of that, & him I agree, as I'm sure you do as well. Now back to the regularly scheduled program...
Hear Hear! Having just posted my final debate with the Ghost on worldview, I will return to the rsp as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
I wasn't at all concerned with religion, and only marginally with politics when I started this thread. I was more concerned about civil unrest, domestic terrorism, and the occasional nuke in a shipping container that makes it all the way into New York Harbor.
I would say every item you mentioned is the result of politics i.e. policy. Why would Trump bring civil unrest, domestic terrorism and a nuke or two in a container. What has been going on day after day after day now? '
Would any of those three be something new, brought on by the election of Trump? THe reason people are talking about "getting out of dodge " more and more and over a much broader spectrum of the population is that what once made good action movies seems more likely with each passing day.

If you weren't talking "politics" or expecting that to "break out" , why would you have mentioned a candidate and not just asked a true "research" question such as "Are you considering bugging out after the election and why?" Notice how that does not tilt the scale in any direction. Therein lies the problem with most polls and pseudo-research surveys.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
I do hope future societies have less faith. I think that would be a good thing.

I also support the Constitution, and I think some recent Supreme Court decisions have expanded the rights granted by the Constitution, not diminished them.

Btw, there is no such thing as "natural law." The very concept goes against the old adage from David Hume that one "can't derive an 'ought' from an 'is.'" Nature is full of facts, or "is" statements: a lion is a mammal, sexual reproduction is an act that involves a male and a female, etc. But none of those facts imply an ought. The fact that sexual reproduction involves a male and a female doesn't imply that homosexuality ought not to be practiced, for example. In other words, nature is descriptive rather than prescriptive.

Ah, there is only thesis, anti-thesis, synthesis and then we go around the circle again.
And God was simply being smart alek when he said "I AM" - sounds pretty darn "is" with no question to me. You are elegant in your speech but lost in delusion.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:26 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,488,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
I wasn't at all concerned with religion, and only marginally with politics when I started this thread. I was more concerned about civil unrest, domestic terrorism, and the occasional nuke in a shipping container that makes it all the way into New York Harbor.
I agree that this is a big concern. See my recent thread, "Expect Violence". I was thinking about this last summer, when most were at the beach, or on vacation.

I can see civil unrest no matter which side wins. If Hillary wins, it would not be immediate, as her opponents tend to be more law-abiding; it would be her actions after taking office that would set off a groundswell of protest from the citizenry (and not all conservatives). The trigger could be war, further gun restrictions, higher taxes, open borders -- maybe something else.

If Trump wins, I see more immediate violence, from minorities, illegal immigrants, LGBT people, muslim radicals , welfare recipients -- anyone who has made strides under the current administration. They imagine that Trump will undo everything that has been done for them. He won't. No politician has ever undone much of anything.

So preparedness, yeah -- expect violence. We'll probably see a good deal of it in the next 4 years. Some people have made fun of me for coining the term, "weather preppers". They may be about to find out just how important it is, to keep an eye out for which way the wind is blowing!

Old 10-17-2016, 07:01 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,616,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzfroggez View Post
Ah, there is only thesis, anti-thesis, synthesis and then we go around the circle again.
And God was simply being smart alek when he said "I AM" - sounds pretty darn "is" with no question to me. You are elegant in your speech but lost in delusion.
Hahaha, funny but soo true, eh?

Old 10-17-2016, 07:30 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,691,026 times
Since the OP started this thread it has now become apparent that it is Hillary and Bill Clinton that we have to fear. That witch wants to put an end to the United States of America. If that lying two faced witch gets elected we are doomed as a nation.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:53 PM

997 posts, read 937,346 times
I wouldn't bug out but I wouldn't like it. We have had terrible presidents before, and life goes on.

This country is not manageable at this point so nobody could 'do the job', I always wonder why we have such choices. Our choices always come down to the lesser of 2 evils.

My vote is for Hillary. A witch is better then a clown.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:04 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,316,272 times
So.

Which is worse?

A president who will intentionally destroy the nation.

Or.

A president who will unintentionally destroy the nation.

I will present to you that it is easier to fight against intention rather than to try to circumvent buffoonery.

Old 10-18-2016, 03:22 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,691,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicka View Post
I wouldn't bug out but I wouldn't like it. We have had terrible presidents before, and life goes on.

This country is not manageable at this point so nobody could 'do the job', I always wonder why we have such choices. Our choices always come down to the lesser of 2 evils.

My vote is for Hillary. A witch is better then a clown.
A clown can be managed a witch can't. A vote for Hillary simply opens the floodgates for radical Islamic extremists coming here in the Trojan horse.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:25 PM

5,842 posts, read 4,174,777 times
Quote:
1st of all, you disagree w/ almost ALL on here & hate to tell you but -- this is the SAME type people in real world living.

3rdly, you jump to the belief that this society is comprised of you, you & more you. Yes, seems as such it is nowadays as every Tom, Dick & Harry is let in changing the demographic & thus lansdsape of the Founding Father's beliefs -- on why we even HAVE A COUNTRY IN THE 1ST PLACE.
This board is far more conservative than the general population. Why else do you think Hillary Clinton is about to win by such a large margin?

I don't believe this society is comprised of me. I think I hold all sorts of beliefs that are outside the norm. But I'm also in touch with reality enough to know that there is a mix of people, and about half of the people in this country lean left, and the other half lean right. There is a reason Obama was elected twice and Hillary is about to be elected: not everyone is a conservative.

Quote:
Lastly, If this is contrary & trolling to YOU, then so be it. It seems you want cake & eat it as well. If you want to be allowed to post controversially then hell, why don't we all? I guess there's no longer need of mods nor rules -- the same as in real life w/ liberal agendas. If it suits their needs (libs) then by all means -- it is ok. But if the public disagrees w/ them -- via the conservative original document (Constitutional values) then all bets are off & we are accountable only but not libs.

"In like manner, these conditions will be binding on Congress. They can exercise no power that is not expressly granted them." This makes up some of the foundational principles of nullification...

Except of course, w/ this current lib admin & thus, toss this document out the window as this has happened time & again recently. This is how far we've sunk as a country.

As Michael Savage has said, "Lliberalism is a mental illness disorder". Amen. Truth comes out.
1. I never said what you were doing is trolling. You're the one who said I was trolling because I had the nerve to post some liberal comments.

2. I think it's clear that you believe conservative political posts are legitimate, but liberal political posts are clearly trolling, and only exist to provoke everyone on this board.

Quote:
I do agree that financial collapse is imminent. You can't be almost 20 trillion in the hole & get out, period. So, as Winston Churchill said, "The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see".
Currently, only about 6% of the federal budget goes to interest on the national debt. That's a far smaller percentage than most people spend on interest in their own personal lives. I am not saying the debt situation is healthy, but it's hardly likely to cause an imminent financial collapse.

Quote:
Funny, the individuals that I know that adhere to Constitutional principals are among the more educated. If there is skepticism of "higher education", it's the present state of "higher education" which is indoctrination; producing a student body of lock-step statists.
I think you misunderstood me. I was not saying that people on this board are not educated. I was simply saying many people on this board hold the view in bold. There have been a couple other threads where the virtues -- or lack thereof, according to some -- of higher education have been debated, and I was certainly in the minority for my view that higher education is still quite useful. I only intended that to be an example of views held by people on this board, which you have confirmed. I wasn't claiming liberals are more educated than conservatives.

Quote:
You are right - you have a different worldview. THat's your choice but it doesn't make it correct. You could say the same to me but I don't base mine on my own opinion.
Ah, yes! Your opinion of the world isn't based on opinion! How convenient! I'm glad you're the great arbiter of absolute truth -- thank you for gracing us with your presence.

Quote:
I don't know if I'm the one you mention with a "religious worldview" . But my worldview is based on absolute truths. Not draconian iron-fist rule by facists. Not a theocracy that violates free will. Not man-made. Man will muddle through the best he can based on those precepts or based on his own precepts but whatever, it won't be perfect . Perfect will only be when this is all over. My suggestion was simply to be on the correct side of it all when that time comes.
The problem is that there are virtually no good arguments for the existence of your god, and there are some very good arguments against his existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness