Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2016, 06:44 PM

57 posts, read 70,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers Girl View Post
Imagine if every person in this country who disliked both Clinton and Trump voted for Johnson/Weld. Then none of you would have to bug out.
Johnson is a complete retard . he needs to be the example of an anti drug commercial. trump on his worst day is 1,000 times better than johnson on his best Agame.
Anyone that thinking johnson is a libertarian needs their head checked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2016, 06:57 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,519,662 times
I don't worry about things that don't happen. Trump winning isn't going to happen. Guaranteed.

Those who think the sky will fall if Hillary wins, did you worry about Y2K? Buy water, extra guns, etc.

That is what this election season remind me of. Worrying about crap that will never happen.
Especially when you complain about the last 8 years.
Obama pulled us out of the greatest financial disaster since 1929. Created by the Bush boy.

Old 10-23-2016, 07:17 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
Obama pulled us out of the greatest financial disaster since 1929. Created by the Bush boy.
how you figured, he added trillions to the national debt. he gave a trillion dollars away and nobody know where it went to.

Old 10-24-2016, 08:05 AM

3,925 posts, read 4,131,283 times
if Hillary wins and Congress is the same, this it will just be another 4 years of total gridlock. Racial bigots freaked and tried to get the guy(they would have used the n word) out of the white house.

Now the misogynist bigots will do the same trying to get the b-word out of the white house.

Republicans need to understand they cannot win being the party of misogynist racially bigoted white guys.

Old 10-24-2016, 08:13 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,445,889 times
Cooperation and compromise gets things accomplished and moves the country forward. The political art of give and take seams to have gotten lost.

Old 10-24-2016, 10:06 AM

915 posts, read 1,625,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
if Hillary wins and Congress is the same, this it will just be another 4 years of total gridlock. Racial bigots freaked and tried to get the guy(they would have used the n word) out of the white house.

Now the misogynist bigots will do the same trying to get the b-word out of the white house.

Republicans need to understand they cannot win being the party of misogynist racially bigoted white guys.
What a narrow individual you are. If you do not like a black man's philosophy /world view/actions, you are a racial bigot. If you don't like a woman's philosophy/world view/actions,, you are a misogynist bigot.

I don't support or oppose anything based on race or sex . I support or oppose based on philosophy/worldview/actions. And I fear that the same fear of name calling like you are doing here and that prevented a predominantly white male legislative branch from justifiably calling out the RACIST BIGOT in the White House will be repeated with a deplorable CRIMINAL FEMALE BIGOT in the White House. When one silences the valid criticism and justifiable opposition to unconstitutional actions and destructive policies because one has a darker skin than the majority or a vagina instead of a penis, then the abuser, the racist, the hater of gender is the supposed victim who possesses the IRON FIST.

Your comments reveal that you are an obvious BIGOT. Or you are possibly being purposely absurd to point out the insanity today that passes for a free country.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:10 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,974,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
I agree that this is a big concern. See my recent thread, "Expect Violence". I was thinking about this last summer, when most were at the beach, or on vacation.

I can see civil unrest no matter which side wins. If Hillary wins, it would not be immediate, as her opponents tend to be more law-abiding; it would be her actions after taking office that would set off a groundswell of protest from the citizenry (and not all conservatives). The trigger could be war, further gun restrictions, higher taxes, open borders -- maybe something else.

If Trump wins, I see more immediate violence, from minorities, illegal immigrants, LGBT people, muslim radicals , welfare recipients -- anyone who has made strides under the current administration. They imagine that Trump will undo everything that has been done for them. He won't. No politician has ever undone much of anything.

So preparedness, yeah -- expect violence. We'll probably see a good deal of it in the next 4 years. Some people have made fun of me for coining the term, "weather preppers". They may be about to find out just how important it is, to keep an eye out for which way the wind is blowing!
A weakened/divided country is easy to conquer. Not entirely sure who the conquerers will be, but it will start at least with cyber. Our entire Western life relies on e-communications. It will become easier to take down our e-communications, hack us, etc. Officials like Hillary have made our security porous, too. We may become the "late great America." Civilizations at least as advanced as ours have been subjugated.

What I fail to see is that those (educated!) who see the liberals as the culprit just can't see the forest for the trees. They cling to their worn-out conservative values, which are really legitimate, projecting onto a sick candidate those values that he does not passionately, honestly embrace. How they get suckered in by his pomp and offensive and incompetent circumstance is beyond me.

That is not to say we could not use a really, really decent Republican candidate from the business world, however. I would bet that with that, many dems would go that way.

As to the OP, our country is failing no matter who gets in the WH. Everyone's preparations will be different according to her/his personal means and abilities. Whatever we can do we should start doing. JMO as usual.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:17 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,974,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzfroggez View Post
Funny, the individuals that I know that adhere to Constitutional principals are among the more educated. .
The First Amendment, freedom of speech and of the press, is the foremost under attack by candidate Trump. Anyone educated recognizes that. He squelches and overtly abuses the media, free speech, and investigative journalism. He will probably launch his own media machine when he loses. And then the country, with its liberal bias and conservative (if that's really the right word) backlash will be a country of real dummies, brainwashed by the subjective and selfish agendas of both parties. Without public access to facts (not spins), we are a democracy in one of the late stages of failure. ( prepare to bug out/create independence in some way or other)

Old 10-24-2016, 11:18 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Hey Mod's! Don't you think this has moved way past the SS&P into the POC? Someone should move it over there!!!

Old 10-24-2016, 11:23 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,697,086 times
Will be celebrating hard, if he wins
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness