Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2016, 06:04 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,602,965 times

Advertisements

Full auto fire is the best way to control mobs. Arthur Mellon, CEO of United States Steel in the nineteen-twenties, once commented that the finest tool in labor relations was the Thompson SMG. Commie Roosevelt rammed through the National Firearms Act in 1934 which denied Second Amendment rights to Americans. That law is still in effect.

However, we can now buy a semiauto that is surprisingly fast (it sounds like an auto) since it fires on both the pull and the release of the trigger.

https://www.full30.com/video/ceeabaf...gn=subscribers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 09:24 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,488,293 times
Looks very interesting. I was not aware of this.

Not sure what I would use it for, but I might buy one anyway (if I can).

Old 12-17-2016, 12:01 PM

37,465 posts, read 61,396,384 times
I am not convinced that Spray-Pray tactics are really beneficial.

The marines developed the rifle-squad concept where the Machine-Gun walks at the rear of the squad. When enemy fire starts all riflemen dive to the ground, while the Machine-Gunner begins hosing the jungle with random fire. It gave the riflemen a chance to seek cover and get their rifles up into position, so when the machine-gun stopped then they were ready to return fire.

If your group has logistical support similar to the US Marine Corps, then this tactic may work for you, in dense jungle.

Outside of that very specific context, I do not see the 'benefit' from rapid fire.

Old 12-17-2016, 12:01 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,080,994 times
You can also buy 'bump-fire' buttstocks, and there used to be a 'hellfire' attachment.

Full auto is legal here in ME if you pay the $200 NFA tax. Suppressors too, same thing...and hunting with suppressors was recently legalized.

Old 12-17-2016, 04:12 PM

1,127 posts, read 1,275,090 times
A short burst, especially in a CQC context, exponentially increases the effectiveness of the 5.56 round specifically, and others in similar fashion. It is not spray and pray. It is the application of increased shock and trauma in a controlled fashion. Three rounds or so in the same area are very effective in that context.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:42 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,602,965 times
The sound of automatic fire alone will run off virtually anyone. Consider that merely seeing a gun sends 95% running.

Old 12-17-2016, 08:06 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,488,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Full auto is legal here in ME if you pay the $200 NFA tax. Suppressors too, same thing...and hunting with suppressors was recently legalized.
Is this true? I never thought to ask. Been too busy with other projects.

In 2017 I expect to add more guns, more and different types of ammo. So all this is good to know!

Old 12-19-2016, 03:12 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,080,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
Is this true? I never thought to ask. Been too busy with other projects.

In 2017 I expect to add more guns, more and different types of ammo. So all this is good to know!
Yep, it's true. However, MGs are pricey, as are suppressors. Cheapest suppressor I've seen was about $600, and of course, they are a wear item. There are more fed requirements regarding the components necessary to rebuild them. Actually, suppressors can be made out of commonly available materials (such as a plastic soda bottle), however, possessing the materials with the intent to make a suppressor automatically subjects you to the NFA requirements...even if you never actually get around to making it...though I should think that proving 'intent' might be a bit problematic, unless you went around spouting off about doing it.

MGs are in very limited supply, which naturally drives up the price. (And they aren't cheap to feed either, even if you reload; a MAC-11 can eat 32 rounds of 9mm in less than 2 seconds.)

On the other hand, last I checked, a Gatling Gun was perfectly legal with no NFA requirements. (Could be different now, but I dunno.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness