Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 01:27 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,487,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Zombies being dead people brought back to life is a concept the op doesnt have to worry about as its not going to happen,the entire concept of zombie apocalypse is pure fantasy.
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2017, 02:26 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,950,661 times
Obviously you naysayers haven't been to my town after 11pm on weekend nights. Zombies are real! I'm pretty sure they eat people and children too.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:17 AM

7,650 posts, read 4,597,880 times
Zombies are real, they're just formed by people, not people themselves. The zombies amongst us are the dead loans. Loans that will never be repaid. They're just packaged and sold on. They can be in sovereign debt, debt issued by the states or local municipalities, they can be in companies that keep working a dream and selling out to other companies, they can be in personal loans or loans from banks...especially overseas.

The kicker is, they seem to benefit an economy, until their value is revealed. Until it starts crimping an economy's ability to function. I recall looking at a building that was bought at the height of the .com boom. They couldn't rent it at market rates, it would set the value of the building too low for their debt. I recall a division that a group of us wanted to to buy and turn around. They couldn't sell it at market rate because of the goodwill on their balance sheet. I recall looking at one bank's loan books, and debtors would only pay off their debt upon getting a larger loan.

I can't tell you when or if that day of reckoning will come to a head, but an economy grows when it has more people who can take on debt or when the ability of the people there can take on more debt. As we lose workers to welfare programs or underutilization, those debt zombies get that much closer.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:19 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,943,866 times
I have a 24in kids baseball bat, and a 10in SOG SOGFari machete, plus full hockey protective gear. I be ready to bash in zombie skulls.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
Zombies are real, they're just formed by people, not people themselves. The zombies amongst us are the dead loans. Loans that will never be repaid. They're just packaged and sold on. They can be in sovereign debt, debt issued by the states or local municipalities, they can be in companies that keep working a dream and selling out to other companies, they can be in personal loans or loans from banks...especially overseas.

The kicker is, they seem to benefit an economy, until their value is revealed. Until it starts crimping an economy's ability to function. I recall looking at a building that was bought at the height of the .com boom. They couldn't rent it at market rates, it would set the value of the building too low for their debt. I recall a division that a group of us wanted to to buy and turn around. They couldn't sell it at market rate because of the goodwill on their balance sheet. I recall looking at one bank's loan books, and debtors would only pay off their debt upon getting a larger loan.

I can't tell you when or if that day of reckoning will come to a head, but an economy grows when it has more people who can take on debt or when the ability of the people there can take on more debt. As we lose workers to welfare programs or underutilization, those debt zombies get that much closer.
You should post this in the Econ forum, and let them have a go. You can title it Zombies are real, and here.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:58 AM

7,650 posts, read 4,597,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
You should post this in the Econ forum, and let them have a go. You can title it Zombies are real, and here.
Personally I think the fiction posted in the Econ forum is more sci-fi than talking about surviving zombie hordes. The reality is that there's nothing we can do except to be prepared for that other shoe to drop.

Old 01-10-2017, 12:01 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,950,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I have a 24in kids baseball bat, and a 10in SOG SOGFari machete, plus full hockey protective gear. I be ready to bash in zombie skulls.
I have a .45 and a zillion rounds of ammo. Bashing skulls is a lot of work. Just ask Negan.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:26 PM

2,309 posts, read 901,747 times
Got myself a SA sports 175 pounder crossbow. No broad heads yet. Right now I'm getting used it.

Old 01-11-2017, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I have a .45 and a zillion rounds of ammo. Bashing skulls is a lot of work. Just ask Negan.
For zombies no need for bullets though. May as well save bullets for people.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:42 PM

19,025 posts, read 14,201,797 times
What about the mutant zombie biker gangs?
They're a significant constituency of any apocalypse.
Embrace the MZBG!
Don't be a hater...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness