Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 02:58 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
Or you could simply ignore the topics that tend to attract trolls. It's really not that hard.
Exactly. Or you could do what I do and play along, or actually make something interesting out of a troll thread. Troll threads can be turned into really interesting discussions just by approaching them in an unconventional manner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 03:07 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,601,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah but that's not the point of the OP as they aren't discussing cannibalism per se but rather launching some type of attack on a group by claiming that they're *bad* because they do this *bad thing*.

It's no more germane to prep\survival as it was presented than if someone started a thread about how there are now redneck hunting clubs where they release captives into the woods to be hunted down raped and eaten like some low budget horror movie....or that they're having competitions where they put stolen babies in pits with rattlesnakes because that's what the low born and less educated do.

It's not about survival or prep.
Everything falls under the purview of survivalism. It's a perspective and a methodology, not a list of equipment and supplies or a recitation of skills.

Old 01-12-2017, 04:00 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,058,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
Once a troll gets involved, things go south, fast. After all I have been through during the last go-round with rogue threads and trolls, I will not be bothered with it again. C-D will lose another sincere poster who has provided a lot of helpful information here.

I cannot argue with this, and you do seem a sincere and benevolent poster. I can honestly say that if the Troll is the bane of the sincere and benevolent Regular, the insincere and malevolent Regular is the bane of the sincere and benevolent Nomad.

Regarding "Happy In Wyoming" starting these sensational threads, having been all over Wyoming (Cheyenne, Laramie, Guernsey, Wheatland, Riverton, Dubois, Jackson, etc.) My opinion is there is not a whole lot to keep one amused long term. Someone in that situation may seek additional sources of amusement...

Said amusement getting out of hand? That is another matter...

Old 01-12-2017, 05:17 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,250,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
Regarding "Happy In Wyoming" starting these sensational threads, having been all over Wyoming (Cheyenne, Laramie, Guernsey, Wheatland, Riverton, Dubois, Jackson, etc.) My opinion is there is not a whole lot to keep one amused long term. Someone in that situation may seek additional sources of amusement...
Prepping depends partly on having money to buy prep stuff. Every extra source of income could be helpful. If Wyoming is boring in general, there is one thing that isn't so boring: the wind. You could start a business inventing new kinds of kites that work better when there is a lot of wind. A kite that goes sky high in a gust, then descends slowly when the wind dies down. It could even be useful in a SHTF situation. Put a camera on the kite to see everywhere, and use kites for communication when all the networks are down. Most kites are designed for moderate wind. How well do they work in Wyoming wind? If not so well, it's time to start inventing.

Old 01-12-2017, 05:21 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Yum... I am hungry

Old 01-12-2017, 06:25 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,601,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
Prepping depends partly on having money to buy prep stuff. Every extra source of income could be helpful. If Wyoming is boring in general, there is one thing that isn't so boring: the wind. You could start a business inventing new kinds of kites that work better when there is a lot of wind. A kite that goes sky high in a gust, then descends slowly when the wind dies down. It could even be useful in a SHTF situation. Put a camera on the kite to see everywhere, and use kites for communication when all the networks are down. Most kites are designed for moderate wind. How well do they work in Wyoming wind? If not so well, it's time to start inventing.
I've never seen anyone fly a kite here. I do know that many areas are far too windy for wind turbines. That's fine as wind turbines kill birds.

I've never found Wyoming to be at all boring, but my interests are intellectual. I like having a large museum a few miles away that has scholarly programs of various sorts throughout the year. Traveling between my home and that museum is like traveling through a giant geology exhibition. I have found people here to be well-read and curious. It's easy to find productive discussions.

I am becoming convinced that most fora are nothing more than a waste of time for me. I learn little and the great unwashed are unteachable. That's unfortunate because an educated public is an advantage to us all. The uneducated vote for people who are knaves or fools. B. Hussein Obama and Hillary Clinton are examples of this.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:33 PM

2 posts, read 1,267 times
I'm new to this website but these comment are killing me! You guys are so funny!
Here is a fact cannibalism is illegal, obviously! My ex husband went to law school and claims that Cannibalism is in fact illegal in California but they call it, desecration of corpses. There's a felony version and a misdemeanor version. (so he claims) There is no federal law about cannibalism because it would be redundant. Desecration of corpses includes cannibalism in it's description.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:07 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,583,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
You read it correctly. There is currently at least one "club" in California that offers a menu containing human meat. Their website states that much of it is from bequests, but there are other unnamed sources. China is likely the origin of the bulk of the meat. That's not surprising as nearly eight hundred years ago there were restaurants in Nanking noted for serving human flesh. China executes about 20,000 people per year; that would likely be the primary source. There are apparently no laws in California which prohibit cannibalism.

This represents a threat both from the danger of its becoming popular as well as the violation of a fundamental principle Western Civilization.

Cannibal Club
That's fake.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:14 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Well I didn't believe it until I saw it for myself. While passing by a little sidewalk cafe I saw two guys sitting at a table with a whole dead man laying on it, covered with vegetables. One guy was sitting towards his head and the other towards his feet.
One guy asked the other guy, "How you doing?" The other guys says, " I am havin a ball!"
The first guy says, "Stop! You're eating too fast."

Old 01-13-2017, 06:47 AM

1,226 posts, read 633,265 times
This takes the Paleo Diet to a new level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness