Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 01:59 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,120,849 times

Advertisements

Think of it.

It's the only way to really press the "reset button" for the country. I think it will be done by those in power and they'll blame it on North Korea or terrorists.

If the power was out for a year 75% of Americans would be dead when/if they put the power back on.

Welfare leeches would die.
Disabled and old people would die.
People would starve and get sick and die.
Pensions.....GONE.
DEBT.........GONE.

Crazy to think about but it could happen

Or a Coronal mass ejection from the sun could do the same thing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 02:15 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,488,293 times
It wouldn't just be welfare leeches, the disabled, and old people who would die. People of all ages and economic circumstances would die -probably 90% of the population, including the young and healthy.

It wouldn't just be pensions and debt that would be wiped out. Electronic wealth in any form would be gone. The Clinton Foundation would be gone. So would Gates and Buffet fortunes. All banks, brokerages and other accounts-wiped out. Too many powerful, wealthy, and politically connected people would lose everything.

I can't imagine in whose best interest this would be.

Old 05-22-2017, 02:37 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,602,965 times
I would only be affected if I had a medical emergency during the critical time. The population in 1880 was fifty million. That era saw the greatest expansion of the economy. 1880 but with modern technology sounds good to me. However, it needs to be the whole world that's affected, not just this country.

Old 05-22-2017, 03:41 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme
If things get bad enough here than YES the universe COULD do something like that if the people who run this matrix had enough!

Its quite scary yes!!!!!!

Old 05-22-2017, 04:10 AM

2,898 posts, read 1,868,294 times
If you haven't read "the final day" 3rd book in the one second after series, there are spoilers below stop reading.

I thought a super interesting part of the one second after series was where the plot went in the final book. The characters learn that many in the intelligence community knew something was going to happen with nukes and they just let it happen expecting it would be their reset button and a chance to get opponents out of the way and gain more power. I thought that was a super interesting take on what could potentially happen.

Now since trump has been elected we find out in fact that there actually is a slow motion coup going on where the deep state globalists and intelligence agencies are constantly undermining trump and the natiinalist/populist movement. That prediction is stunning how accurately it was depicted in the book and how out own government is behaving,

I could see the globalists either directly or indirectly trying a hard reset if they cannot regain their power hold. Trump and the deplorables and other patriots are a significant impediment to their agenda of globalization and big government.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
It wouldn't just be welfare leeches, the disabled, and old people who would die. People of all ages and economic circumstances would die -probably 90% of the population, including the young and healthy.

It wouldn't just be pensions and debt that would be wiped out. Electronic wealth in any form would be gone. The Clinton Foundation would be gone. So would Gates and Buffet fortunes. All banks, brokerages and other accounts-wiped out. Too many powerful, wealthy, and politically connected people would lose everything.

I can't imagine in whose best interest this would be.
I think the system could be set up again once all the debt and takers are gone

Old 05-22-2017, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
I would only be affected if I had a medical emergency during the critical time. The population in 1880 was fifty million. That era saw the greatest expansion of the economy. 1880 but with modern technology sounds good to me. However, it needs to be the whole world that's affected, not just this country.

True....

I just don't think the people in power will let the world's population get to 10 trillion.....think they want 500 million

Old 05-22-2017, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
If you haven't read "the final day" 3rd book in the one second after series, there are spoilers below stop reading.

I thought a super interesting part of the one second after series was where the plot went in the final book. The characters learn that many in the intelligence community knew something was going to happen with nukes and they just let it happen expecting it would be their reset button and a chance to get opponents out of the way and gain more power. I thought that was a super interesting take on what could potentially happen.

Now since trump has been elected we find out in fact that there actually is a slow motion coup going on where the deep state globalists and intelligence agencies are constantly undermining trump and the natiinalist/populist movement. That prediction is stunning how accurately it was depicted in the book and how out own government is behaving,

I could see the globalists either directly or indirectly trying a hard reset if they cannot regain their power hold. Trump and the deplorables and other patriots are a significant impediment to their agenda of globalization and big government.
Didn't know book 3 of the series was out!

Book 8 of the going home series is out too!

Thanks!

I really think it's going to happen

Old 05-22-2017, 06:36 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Think of it.

It's the only way to really press the "reset button" for the country. I think it will be done by those in power and they'll blame it on North Korea or terrorists.

If the power was out for a year 75% of Americans would be dead when/if they put the power back on.

Welfare leeches would die.
Disabled and old people would die.
People would starve and get sick and die.
Pensions.....GONE.
DEBT.........GONE.

Or a Coronal mass ejection from the sun could do the same thing
Curious how you would survive a year with no benefit of electricity.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Curious how you would survive a year with no benefit of electricity.
A years worth of food and water. Sun oven. Gas grill with 5 extra tanks. Guns ammo. Hygiene products. Prayer...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness