Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2017, 02:57 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,448,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatacvalves View Post
For those that are older have you seen the value of preparedness and self sufficiency vastly decline in your lifetime?

The stigma is probably created by the mainstream media because the ruling class does not want people to be self-reliant. They want us to be totally dependent on BIG BUSINESS and on BIG GOVERNMENT for everything. They want people to think that BIG GOVERNMENT will "save" them. So just the way they brainwashed the sheeple to discount people who didn't buy the mainstream narrative of how JFK was assassinated and came up with the term "conspiracy theorist" to attack those who dared think about other more likely scenarios, the government controlled media have the sheeple thinking that it is silly to be self-sufficient and that all "normal" people should "trust" the government and do everything they say.

The rulers try to have people thinking all the staged shootings we've had were started by random people and we really are living in" a more dangerous world" when all along, the shootings are all planned and executed by government and their mercenaries. The proof of this is spelled out in the now declassified document "Operation Northwoods" which includes a full array of descriptions of attacks that could be staged simply to justify starting a full fledged war against Cuba.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5rBc4GS06s

Operation Northwoods back in the 1960s was written by the Joint Chiefs of Staffs to the Secretary of Defense in 1962. This report is mind-blowing and extremely worth checking out! It shows that all the technology used in 9/11 was available back then including turning airliners into drones and staging mock funerals of the "dead".

Personally, I think it makes good economic sense to be self-sufficient and to grow as much of your own food and provide as much of your own utilities as you can. I no longer buy into the narrative that there are evil enemies and terrorists in other countries who on their own hate us. In fact if you look up DEMOCIDE, it turns out governments kill 20x and some say 30x more of their own civilians than any other independent criminal operation. Even if you didn't know what DEMOCIDE was and that it exists and if you didn't know about Operation Northwoods, it has been admitted even on mainstream TV by Hillary Clinton that Al Qaeda and Isis are the creation of our country if not directly, indirectly and are funded by our tax dollars.

We've been indoctrinated through the education system, which is naturally designed by the ruling class, to simply OBEY.

At home we learn about the importance of behaving consistent with moral values. We don't steal, start a fight, lock people up in cages or kill people.

Yet in school we are taught the lie that we are a "free" country - partly because we can "vote" for a politician to become president, senator, congressman and for "representatives" in local elections. When in reality, by doing so, all we do is cast a vote for new slave masters who do the evil for us and against us because they say they can because it is "legal" maybe not moral. They decide how much of our money will be stolen from us. They decide who will be thrown in cages. When a war will be started and when mass killings of innocent strangers will take place.

It is horrifying yet true that so many Americans are such sheeple, they seem, unable to think for themselves and will do literally anything if they are paid to do so. If a perceived authority tells them to as shown by the Stanley Milgram experiments conducted at Yale in the 1960s, 2/3 of Americans actually carried out what they believed was electrical torture to the point of killing a victim while actors were posing as victims and were screaming and crying out. 1/3 of the people held true to their moral values; couldn't bring themselves to subject others to the harm and dropped out of the experiment. Evidently seeing others disobey the orders and dropping out did cause others to follow suit. But how many movies, TV shows, or in real life have you seen a police officer harassing someone who has done no harm to anyone or anything for no reason except "they are following orders". We are supposed to ACCEPT THAT! Hollywood is a HUGE influence on our conditioning.

We are taught so many lies about how and what we should think about both the police and the military and about their "bravery". When in truth, they are the ones who do the dirty work and carry out the evil for the ruling class who our government - if you want to call it that - takes orders from. [Actually we don't have a government of and by and for the people as the government is a CORPORATION whose main objective is to make a profit by taking advantage of us.] So it is easy to get people to join the military and go out and kill people just as it is to hire police officers who have the same mentality. They think it is fine to be violent if it is part of their job description whether or not it is moral to do so.
Little do the sheeple realize that we are all 1000x more likely to be killed by a police officer than a "terrorist". Just think. If police and military would simply disobey orders to be violent, we'd have world PEACE!

So while soldiers are out killing innocent civilians and betraying their moral values, we have been brainwashed to "thank them for their service" and to do our civic duty to "VOTE" which only enables the evil system to continue. I personally will no longer be voting for any politicians in any elections. Here are some clips of a famous voluntarists who point out some truths we all should think about and be aware of.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pGjD_2cabM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2017, 03:09 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,592,442 times
Some tasks are best left to professionals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhjGEF-LzI8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2O30cWu0mw

Old 11-25-2017, 09:03 AM

731 posts, read 678,031 times
I was in the central Texas forest fire of 2011 I was not evacuated. Fifty five square miles burned. 1790 houses lost including mine, two people killed. The water was off for two weeks, power was off for a month. People out here helped each other, giving away food and water. Neighbors who had gave to neighbors who did not. Residents of a nearby town made a vacant building into a give away center. Everything you would need, clothes, pots and pans, sheets and blankets, soap and shampoo, were given to people. Then the sheriffs dept came around with bales of hay to feed surviving livestock. Not only that, the people of the United States sent semi truck loads of hay, grain, saddles and bridles, brushes for horses and feed for cattle in the area for MONTHS.

So I moved away and found a new forest. In SW Oregon coast prepping is the norm. It is mostly about the next big shakedown, the next Subduction Zone earthquake. Whole towns have prepper meetings. Last summer the government had a disaster practice for the Coast Guard and civil groups of where the supply helicopters would land and triage of the injured and so forth. Our Fire Chief was there and he told this whole group thankyou for organizing all this but we will never see you. You will be deployed to more populated areas, not a fishing village of 1000 on an isolated coastline. We are on our own here and we know it.

So we look to keep supplies here for at least 2 months, more like 6 months. I know guys who have big stashes out in the mountains of food and guns but those could be for hunting. Now, I would be edging away from anyone if they began talking about killing other people to defend their stuff. It is human nature for us to help each other.

Oh and one more thing. After the central texas forest fire disaster within two days, a couple of nice ladies from FEMA came down to my place which was still smoking and started the process to give me $32,200.00, the most they can give you. And I took that money and paid it on my new Oregon place. This is just my personal experience with disasters, the behavior of strangers and FEMA.

Last edited by Nurse Bishop; 11-25-2017 at 09:18 AM..

Old 11-25-2017, 01:54 PM

25,684 posts, read 18,770,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
The mentality of people on this board is by definition out of sync with what the mainstream expects and thinks is normal. That doesn't mean it isn't normal or even prudent; it's just not what the mainstream thinks.
I think what it means is that too many people in the "mainstream" have had it too good for too long. They develop the condition called "normalcy bias," and refuse to consider the fact that bad thing have been happening to the human population since recorded history and no doubt long before that. In many cases, our species is directly responsible for those bad things. Is it really reasonable for a society that prides itself on high tech and mathematical prowess to ignore statistics? ... which of course, in this case, is ignoring the obvious.

Old 11-25-2017, 02:01 PM

25,684 posts, read 18,770,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
The stigma is probably created by the mainstream media because the ruling class does not want people to be self-reliant. They want us to be totally dependent on BIG BUSINESS and on BIG GOVERNMENT for everything. They want people to think that BIG GOVERNMENT will "save" them.
This sums it up pretty well. And those in the collective who are dependent become enraged when they come across anyone who wishes not to be dependent and not to be in the collective. Because I'm not a psychologist, it baffles me as to why that is the case. But it is. All one can do is shrug the shoulders and carry on.

Old 11-25-2017, 05:24 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,448,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
This sums it up pretty well. And those in the collective who are dependent become enraged when they come across anyone who wishes not to be dependent and not to be in the collective. Because I'm not a psychologist, it baffles me as to why that is the case. But it is. All one can do is shrug the shoulders and carry on.
I think it is because they are control freaks and they HATE the fact that people are waking up. They also realize that there are a lot more of us than there are of them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6b70TUbdfs&t=99s

Larken Rose thinks that if enough of us stop voting and just otherwise IGNORE them (the rulers) and the political system, their power will quickly dissipate and we can all just start acting like adults and figure things out like rational adults - as plane crash survivors on deserted islands manage to do.

The LAST thing, in fact NEVER, does the idea of creating a ruling class come up as a way to make life easier among the plane crash survivor scenario. People only need to realize that it is THEY( the government) who are the real enemy and not some enemy from a foreign land.

Old 11-26-2017, 04:07 PM

666 posts, read 512,257 times
Quote:
Why is there such a stigma associated with survivalism/survivalists?
Because they started out as kooky paranoid types in the beginning preparing for the most ridiculous "end of the world" scenarios (pandemic, meteor impact, military coup, etc.), not people who were simply preparing themselves in case of natural disasters like tornadoes, hurricane, etc. Dale Gribble from King of the Hill is a perfect example of what survivalists were like initially in the beginning. Also, survivalists also were pretty "hardcore" with their methods and that also had people thinking they were crazy.

The irony about them is that even though they started out as nutjobs, their strategies for surviving any disaster are pretty sound. I mean, you don't have to believe in a zombie apocalypse to see the wisdom in stockpiling necessities and other things in case of "emergency."

Last edited by EastFlatbush; 11-26-2017 at 04:17 PM..

Old 11-26-2017, 04:52 PM

8,922 posts, read 4,626,235 times
Quote:
ridiculous "end of the world" scenarios (pandemic, meteor impact, military coup, etc.),
All of which have happened, historically.

Old 11-26-2017, 04:59 PM

34,228 posts, read 18,558,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
The stigma is probably created by the mainstream media because the ruling class does not want people to be self-reliant. They want us to be totally dependent on BIG BUSINESS and on BIG GOVERNMENT for everything. They want people to think that BIG GOVERNMENT will "save" them. So just the way they brainwashed the sheeple to discount people who didn't buy the mainstream narrative of how JFK was assassinated and came up with the term "conspiracy theorist" to attack those who dared think about other more likely scenarios, the government controlled media have the sheeple thinking that it is silly to be self-sufficient and that all "normal" people should "trust" the government and do everything they say.

^^^^^^This. That is probably why you won't see personal, solar, and battery technology for the average home owner that makes economic sense anytime soon. I do believe our electric grid is vulnerable to a domestic, or foreign terrorist attack. If we have widespread, and long term power outages things will get very ugly, very quickly. A generator, and a store of fuel is a good thing to have.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:21 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,592,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastFlatbush View Post
Because they started out as kooky paranoid types in the beginning preparing for the most ridiculous "end of the world" scenarios (pandemic, meteor impact, military coup, etc.), not people who were simply preparing themselves in case of natural disasters like tornadoes, hurricane, etc. Dale Gribble from King of the Hill is a perfect example of what survivalists were like initially in the beginning. Also, survivalists also were pretty "hardcore" with their methods and that also had people thinking they were crazy.

The irony about them is that even though they started out as nutjobs, their strategies for surviving any disaster are pretty sound. I mean, you don't have to believe in a zombie apocalypse to see the wisdom in stockpiling necessities and other things in case of "emergency."
Kurt Saxon coined the term. He's considered trhe father of survivalism. Kurt was a member of the American Nazi Party. He was, in fact, evicted from a place in Chicago because of it. He began his political life in the John Birch Society. Then, like George Lincoln Rockwell, physicist William Pierce, and classical scholar and founding member of the JBS, Revilo P. Oliver (the human palindrome ), he became involved in more active organizations. Kurt believed that William Pierce played a role in the assassination of George Lincoln Rockwell.

I suggest that those who wish more information read the following linked articles and follow the links from those. Kurt Saxon is the only one with a strong reputation as a survivalist, but the old timers among today's survivalists are familiar with the others as well. I think that we were all at the 1964 Republican convention. My late wife was a delegate and supporter of Barry Goldwater. I think that half of the people there were JBS members.

There are speeches, radio shows, and other material on youtube featuring all of them. Kurt is the most entertaining.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Birch_Society

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Saxon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revilo_P._Oliver

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Lincoln_Rockwell

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Luther_Pierce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtShhMZvYg4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness