Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 06:41 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,655,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I am a Independent/conservativedemocrat/independent. I grew up and live in the Midwest and farmed for years etc and i don't know anyone that fear you guys. You have are parinoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post
What the kittens???
He has never seen it because he has decided it doesn't exist.
Interesting expression BTW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2019, 09:16 AM

1,417 posts, read 734,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
He has never seen it because he has decided it doesn't exist.
Interesting expression BTW.
Versatile's post was bizarre. I mean really, what the kittens is with this post:

Originally Posted by Versatile
Quote:
I am a Independent/conservativedemocrat/independent. I grew up and live in the Midwest and farmed for years etc and i don't know anyone that fear you guys. You have are parinoid
What is a:
Quote:
"Independent/conservativedemocrat/independent"
Does he mean he is twice as independent as a normal conservative/democrat? For kittens sake, a conservative/democrat is already as rare of a sighting as Bigfoot (in fact Bigfoot may be more common) but he is twice as independent? So what, .00001% of the population? Is there actually suppose to be some meaning to this self-appointed label? He sounds as confused as one of the transgendered freaks roaming about confused about his naughty bits.

Then there is this:

Quote:
grew up and live in the Midwest and farmed for years etc
What does the etc mean? Is there some logical conclusion we are to draw when you use the preceding qualifiers of midwest and farmer that we are suppose to fill the etc in with? Let me see, what stereotypes can we draw on? Uh, is married to his sister? Doesn't believe in dental care? Dates his cow? Hates revenuers? Has a pick-up truck? Has non-consensual sex with the exhaust pipe on his pick-up truck? I know midwest farmers who have advanced degrees and are a millionaires many a time over and then I know a few farmer types who make egg money at the farmer's market and every thing in between. So what conclusion were we suppose to draw?

Quote:
i don't know anyone that fear you guys
So I guess anyone means his peer group? So then, we are suppose to be concerned that a bunch of barely illiterate drooling morons aren't aware of something? BillyBob ain't afraid of you! Wow, I am so disappointed. And when BillyBob frees himself from the warm love embrace of his chicken he is going to come after us, we'll see.

Quote:
You have are parinoid
What does that mean? "You have are"? What language is this? And what is a parinoid: a partial hemorrhoid?

The entire post was furry-kittened.

Old 03-22-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Versatile's post was bizarre.
The entire post was furry-kittened.
And leading us off topic too.
That may be his intent, so, I will reply by DM.

Old 03-22-2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
And leading us off topic too.
That may be his intent, so, I will reply by DM.
Good point. Thanks.

Old 03-22-2019, 04:52 PM

2,899 posts, read 1,870,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
This is one of the best postings I have ever seen on city-data.

Thanks

Old 03-22-2019, 04:59 PM

2,899 posts, read 1,870,211 times
This thread started taking an unusual turn...

Totally off topic, err... Is that back on topic... I think the TV series "doomsday preppers" certainly didn't do us any favors. Most people who watched it are too ignorant and obtuse to realize the way that show was portrayed was ridiculous. They think that's a sample of the average prepper, when instead it was deliberately produced to be a stereotypical exaggeration.

Last edited by drinkthekoolaid; 03-22-2019 at 05:13 PM..

Old 03-22-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post

Totally off topic, err... Is that back on topic... I think the TV series "doomsday preppers" certainly didn't do us any favors. Most people who watched it are too ignorant and obtuse to realize the way that show was portrayed was ridiculous. They think that's a sample of the average prepper, when instead it was deliberately produced to be a stereotypical exaggeration.
Even worse. there was some prepper show where they were worried about the coming zombie apocalypse

see: youtube.com/watch?v=a1V5CopO16U

Old 03-23-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Even worse. there was some prepper show where they were worried about the coming zombie apocalypse

see: youtube.com/watch?v=a1V5CopO16U
Wow. Kinda way out there. The only part of that that I thing is worth while is around 18 min to 20 min into the vid, were it talks about the way people behave on "bath salts"

Old 03-23-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post

I suspect, though I can't prove it, that your assessment that showing the stereotypical exaggerations were deliberate. I watched it for the 1% of the show that was useful, like how to build a spider hole, and the guy they were interviewing and asked him "is this all you have" and he said "no, I won't show you what I have."

Old 04-01-2019, 08:19 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,966,899 times
I have been a prepper for years and understand the rational behind prepping. However it is always logical to consider the pros and cons. At this point in time, I might recommend 90 days worth of preps for most. Going far beyond 90 days becomes problematic in many ways.

90 days of preps is probably better than 90% have achieved.

It is often a challenge to find the right balance with any endeavor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness