Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 01:50 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
You seem to have a lot of company.

Isn't it at least a little suspicious to you that every article
you link to is written from the same boilerplate?
It's interesting that you keep attacking the source but offer nothing to refute its content. You cannot refute it, can you? What evidence do you have that homeopathy is anything more than placebo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 02:06 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,649,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
It's interesting that you keep attacking the source but offer nothing to refute its content. You cannot refute it, can you? What evidence do you have that homeopathy is anything more than placebo?
I don't need any evidence that homeopathy is anything at all,
you are the one who attacked it, gave an incorrect definition
of it and provide bogus evidence. I am simply pointing out
that your evidence does not stand up to scrutiny.

(Besides, I have already pointed out that I find a great
deal of it to be useless, but don't let facts get in your way.)

Old 11-27-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
I don't need any evidence that homeopathy is anything at all,
you are the one who attacked it, gave an incorrect definition
of it and provide bogus evidence. I am simply pointing out
that your evidence does not stand up to scrutiny.

(Besides, I have already pointed out that I find a great
deal of it to be useless, but don't let facts get in your way.)
The definition I use is the one the homeopaths use, but don't let that get in your way.

How is my evidence bogus? Please be specific.

What do you find to be helpful?

Old 11-27-2017, 02:51 PM

3,124 posts, read 2,068,179 times
Quote:
All homeopathic remedies are the same, if they are made according to homeopathic principles. They contain nothing but water (or sometimes alcohol).
But the water has "memory" and "energy" so they claim. LOL

You are correct ... homeopathic remedies are diluted to nothing, the claim is that by stripping away the substance, it becomes more potent and the "energy" left behind is supposed to heal you.

TRex2, this homeopathic site explains it The Thought Behind the Action - Potency: What it is and what it means | National Center for Homeopathy

Your elderberry extract is a botanical remedy, not homeopathic.

Old 11-27-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
The definition I use is the one the homeopaths use, but don't let that get in your way.
No, the definition you use is a made up one.
Frankly you have never linked to any definition, but rather,
made indirect reference to some propaganda promoted by
your koolaid and astroTurf production site.
Check Webster's dictionary for correct definitions.

Quote:
How is my evidence bogus? Please be specific.
I have shown that in almost every post where I answered you,
and I feel no need to repeat what you can go back and read
for yourself.

Quote:
What do you find to be helpful?
Qunine, 5 - 15 mg. I realize the FDA has restricted it, and, as in other cases where they decided, against statistical evidence, to restrict a remedy, I am waiting for them to begin promoting a higher priced substitute. (But I can be patient, since I can still get it, and even manufacture it on my own, if need be.)

Old 11-27-2017, 03:35 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,684,015 times
Quote:
You seem to have a lot of company.

Isn't it at least a little suspicious to you that every article
you link to is written from the same boilerplate?
Homeopathy was invented in the early 19th century, before the germ theory of disease, when medicine was still in the snake oil phase. It never worked, but people were willing to grab onto any promise no matter how far fetched. Unlike early patent medicines, homeopaths didn't actively kill people, but they didn't cure anyone either.

Homeopathy is based on a theory that there is a vital principle in plants and minerals that can be potentiated through dilution and succussion. You can't just dilute, you have to dilute and succuss, dilute and succuss, dilute and succuss.

Modern medicine has adopted the homeopathic principle that small amounts of a material that causes a disease can prevent that disease. We call it vaccination. Allergists sometimes inject minute quantities of an allergen so that patients will build a tolerance for it. In true buffle head fashion, homeopaths do not vaccinate, even though that is the only homeopathic procedure that has been shown to really work. Go figure.

Herbalists have some feet of clay too. There is a traditional school of herbalism that says herbs treat what they look like, so kidney beans must be great for kidney disease. Chinese medicine is full of total crap interspersed with actual useful herbalism. Ginseng comes from Chinese medicine, and ginseng is loaded with plant estrogen, great for women going through menopause but worthless for men having trouble with erectile dysfunction. Powdered rhino horn won't do anything for anything.

Old 11-27-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Modern medicine has adopted the homeopathic principle that small amounts of a material that causes a disease can prevent that disease. We call it vaccination. Allergists sometimes inject minute quantities of an allergen so that patients will build a tolerance for it.
Trouble is, since they usurped the principle, a certain sect of them have come to view anything that competes with big pharma as a threat to their pocketbooks, and their politics (which has been known to put ideology ahead of everything).

As a result, the FDA and some other related organizations (even the CDC has been subverted, as we found out a couple years ago when ebola became a concern) have established propaganda outlets that can best be described as koolaid and astroturf manufactures. Fortunately, much of their propaganda is thin, but unfortunately there is always someone gullible enough to promote it.

So, in the field of propaganda, we now have both the conspiracy theorists who see a government coverup in everything, and also sheeple on the other side that will swallow any koolaid given to them, if the pitcher comes with "credentials."

Oh, and thanks for reminding me, I also use a homeopathic anti allergy regimen, as you described and almost all of the recommended vaccinations.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:04 PM

3,124 posts, read 2,068,179 times
Unlike vaccines, Homeopathic remedies do not contain small amounts of a substance. The substance is intentionally stripped away. Homeopaths believe that the "memory" of the substance heals you.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
No, the definition you use is a made up one.
Frankly you have never linked to any definition, but rather,
made indirect reference to some propaganda promoted by
your koolaid and astroTurf production site.
Check Webster's dictionary for correct definitions.
No, the dictionary definition is brief and inaccurate, but believe whatever you wish.

Quote:
I have shown that in almost every post where I answered you,
and I feel no need to repeat what you can go back and read
for yourself.
All you have done is attack my sources. You have not provided a single bit of evidence that anything my sources say is inaccurate.

Quote:
Qunine, 5 - 15 mg. I realize the FDA has restricted it, and, as in other cases where they decided, against statistical evidence, to restrict a remedy, I am waiting for them to begin promoting a higher priced substitute. (But I can be patient, since I can still get it, and even manufacture it on my own, if need be.)
I presume you mean quinine. However, if you are taking "5-15 mg" you are not using a homeopathic product, which would be described in terms of some number times "C".

It appears you truly do not understand what a homeopathic product is. It does not just mean "a low dose of something".

The FDA withdrew approval for quinine for leg cramps because of serious, potentially fatal complications from its use.

https://www.fda.gov/forhealthprofess.../ucm317811.htm

Old 11-28-2017, 02:51 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,602,965 times
An interesting and profitable business after TEOTWAWKI is supplying abortifacients to terminate pregnancy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mentha_pulegium

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caulop..._thalictroides

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momordica_charantia

Pomegranate may be another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness