Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of the following do you consider to exist and perhaps to be potential threats?
Big Foot, Abominable Snowman, and similar 0 0%
Jersey Devil or similar 0 0%
Lizard People, both within the establishment and unconnected to Hillary Clinton or the Bush family 0 0%
Beings who arrive by UFO 5 21.74%
Few aliens, but you do believe that there was a crash at Roswell 1 4.35%
Chupacabra 2 8.70%
Grays and hybrids working with secret government agencies 2 8.70%
Unknown species of potentilly dangerous plants and animals 13 56.52%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 10:29 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,601,055 times

Advertisements

There are many unknown dangers; no one doubts that. Do you ignore them, rarely think about them, or make them an integral part of your planning? Which of these creatures most concern you?

Last edited by Happy in Wyoming; 11-25-2017 at 10:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2017, 10:34 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,487,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
There are many unknown dangers; no one doubts that. Do you ignore them, rarely think about them, or make them an integral part of your Planning?
The above question and your thread title do not match. Not that I care, but I'm waiting to see what "the following" refers to. Then I'll tell you how frequently I think of them!

Old 11-25-2017, 10:57 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,601,055 times
I messed up the poll because I forgot to allow multiple choices. Now, I can't delete the thread and start over.

Old 11-25-2017, 11:27 AM

17,571 posts, read 13,350,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
There are many unknown dangers; no one doubts that. Do you ignore them, rarely think about them, or make them an integral part of your planning? Which of these creatures most concern you?
OH YEAH, these are all threats, not!

This now ranks as the dumbest CD post I've read

Old 11-25-2017, 12:03 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,487,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
OH YEAH, these are all threats, not!

This now ranks as the dumbest CD post I've read
Agreed.

I couldn't answer the poll; "none of the above" wasn't listed.

With all the wacko threads we've had lately over here from noobs and no-accounts, this is the last POS I expected from him. He must really want the whole of CD forum laughing at us over here, is all I can figure! Thanks a lot, buddy!

Old 11-25-2017, 12:07 PM
KCZ

4,669 posts, read 3,663,822 times
I view most of the choices as entertainment, but I think the last one is a real threat to humans. Every decade we discover some new pathogenic organism...Zika, Marburg, Hendra, etc. Or we develop an intolerance to something that was previously safe, like the proliferation of anaphylactic peanut allergies. I also think the reverse is true...that we continually discover our eradication of something threatens the environment or wildlife, which subsequently impacts humans...for example, the eradication of predators has allowed deer populations to proliferate and cause fatal car accidents. Except for potential epidemics, these aren't end-of-world events, but they're threats nonetheless.

Old 11-25-2017, 05:26 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,645,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
I view most of the choices as entertainment, but I think the last one is a real threat to humans. Every decade we discover some new pathogenic organism...Zika, Marburg, Hendra, etc.
This is true. And the close proximity of bird farms, pig farms and humans in East Asia has resulted in thousands of new flu variants.

Quote:
Or we develop an intolerance to something that was previously safe, like the proliferation of anaphylactic peanut allergies.
This is just a result of the continued devolving of our species.

Quote:
I also think the reverse is true...that we continually discover our eradication of something threatens the environment or wildlife, which subsequently impacts humans...for example, the eradication of predators has allowed deer populations to proliferate and cause fatal car accidents.
Not quite true. The real culprit was/is harsh limitations on hunting of deer.

Quote:
Except for potential epidemics, these aren't end-of-world events, but they're threats nonetheless.
True. Pandemics and misbehavior of humans are the real threats.

Old 11-25-2017, 08:47 PM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Ticks and tick borne diseases.

You have waaay to much time on your hands.

Old 11-25-2017, 09:37 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,100,245 times
What are "grays' and "hybrids?"

Old 11-25-2017, 09:39 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,303,849 times
I've met multiple otherwise sane people in Alaska that swear they've had encounters with Bigfoot..... I want to believe that there is a Bigfoot type creature out there but the lack of any real evidence leaves me skeptical to say the least. I look at it as a fun spooky fantasy type thing that can explain otherwise weird phenomenon.

If Bigfoot is real, he is otherworldly, or deep somewhere in the Yukon, Alaskan or Siberian mountains and requires no external heat such as fire to stay warm. Still, someone should have come across at least some bones by now. Maybe there was a bigger homonoid Bigfoot type creature in the past whose now extinct but our subconscious and folklore stories keep the story going?

Still it's unfair to label people crazy for believing in Bigfoot or whatever when it's perfectly acceptable to believe in God(s). God had better PR people than Bigfoot does evidently. Plenty of otherwise normal people also believe in ghosts and have ghosts experience and that's OK, but mention Bigfoot and you are certifiably insane.
All are unproveable so what's the difference?

I try to be as self sufficient as possible for many reasons but Bigfoot isn't high on my worry list. Aliens on the other hand.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness