Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 06:17 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,058,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I mixed them together. My son left because it was freaking him out. What? I used to live in my mom's body and I took care of them when they were sick. I put them in a few places that they loved. I didn't ask permission.
I am having some trouble understanding your post. When you say "mixed them together" do you mean you had your parents cremated and blended the ashes? Your son left due to being freaked by some sort of home burial (either bodies or ashes)? "Placing them in a few places" would signify ashes.

I don't know what the laws are in your State for disposing of ashes, but I doubt much harm done either way. And as it would apply to any future plans of you selling your property, I would imagine some scattered ashes would be much easier for a buyer to deal with.

I understand completely your sentiments regarding the matter, and commend you for being the caregiver for them, not an easy task, but what we do for the one's we love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2017, 08:35 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
I am having some trouble understanding your post. When you say "mixed them together" do you mean you had your parents cremated and blended the ashes? Your son left due to being freaked by some sort of home burial (either bodies or ashes)? "Placing them in a few places" would signify ashes.

I don't know what the laws are in your State for disposing of ashes, but I doubt much harm done either way. And as it would apply to any future plans of you selling your property, I would imagine some scattered ashes would be much easier for a buyer to deal with.

I understand completely your sentiments regarding the matter, and commend you for being the caregiver for them, not an easy task, but what we do for the one's we love.
Out on the work bench in the garage. I couldn't get the boxes open. I asked my son to help. He banged those boxes open, and left when I poured out the contents and started mixing them: "Oh look, there's a bone fragment." That was the end of that.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:59 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Oh, OK, you want to make sure the death tax is paid huh?
Well, there are very few people that live far enough under the radar that Uncle Sugar wouldn't notice eventually that they weren't paying to support the illegal aliens and inner city democrat voters. The IRS would come looking eventually with a bill, so you better report someone died, or you'll get stuck with the bill for back taxes as well as the inheritance tax.

Self sufficiency also means avoiding hazards, and the IRS is a BIG threat to survival, so reporting a death keeps them from taking all you have, and then rendering out your carcass for the hide and tallow to settle your "owed contribution".

Otherwise, you could just plant the casualty peacefully and respectfully and go on with your life.
That's not true at all. You can drop off the face of the Earth tomorrow, and nobody at the IRS would care. It's when you pop back up again that the system flags you, and then they start trying to contact you. But if you're dead, you're not earning any income, so you're not going to fall behind in your taxes. Why would they spend resources looking for people who used to earn money and pay taxes but suddenly just stopped?

Look at all the homeless people - you think they all made sure they were caught up on their taxes before they moved out onto the street? I'd be willing to bet 80% of them owe taxes, and nobody's looking for them. As far as the system is concerned, they're just gone, and if nobody ever hears from them again nobody'll notice. They'll live under a bridge for 20 or 30 years, then just fall into a river some night and nobody will ever know the difference.

Old 12-14-2017, 08:14 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,602,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
That's not true at all. You can drop off the face of the Earth tomorrow, and nobody at the IRS would care. It's when you pop back up again that the system flags you, and then they start trying to contact you. But if you're dead, you're not earning any income, so you're not going to fall behind in your taxes. Why would they spend resources looking for people who used to earn money and pay taxes but suddenly just stopped?

Look at all the homeless people - you think they all made sure they were caught up on their taxes before they moved out onto the street? I'd be willing to bet 80% of them owe taxes, and nobody's looking for them. As far as the system is concerned, they're just gone, and if nobody ever hears from them again nobody'll notice. They'll live under a bridge for 20 or 30 years, then just fall into a river some night and nobody will ever know the difference.
The souls of those who die in alien territory which definitely includes water will forever remain there. Some say that they are dangerous and predatory spirits.

Old 12-14-2017, 08:34 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
The souls of those who die in alien territory which definitely includes water will forever remain there. Some say that they are dangerous and predatory spirits.
We all need a good ghost story.

Old 12-14-2017, 10:50 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,130,500 times
Not sure if anyone saw the Chevy Chase movie Funny Farm (1988), they buy a house in rural New England and their dog digs up a dead body in the front yard. It was the grandmother or some relation to the previous owners whom buried her there. So They notify the county, they come take her body away, perform a funeral and proper burial in a cemetery plot, with tombstone, then send them a bill for 5K for burial expenses, lol, that would be my kind of luck. I thought that movie was hilarious, it was the last good Chevy Chase movie aside from the continuing Vacation sequels. This thread reminded me of that incident in the movie, but I don't really think people living in remote locations off grid are crazy or nutcases or anything. Just thought I would have some fun with this thread title, I envy those people in Kansas that bought their own bunker/missile silo from the government a while back. That sounds fun to me.

Last edited by mofford; 12-14-2017 at 11:02 PM..

Old 12-15-2017, 01:11 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,712 posts, read 58,054,000 times
Backhoe... plan to dig my own, then park the dozer in front of the spoils.

Toss me in,
backfill
Have estate sale (sell the dozer and backhoe)

survivor gets the proceeds! (Or the backhoe)

Old 12-15-2017, 05:46 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Hogs are carnivorous....Not sure about disease transfer though????

Old 12-15-2017, 07:27 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,649,221 times
Hogs are pretty resistant to bacteria, but influenza virus can definitely transfer.

Old 12-15-2017, 08:49 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Hogs are pretty resistant to bacteria, but influenza virus can definitely transfer.
Interesting.....Hogs play a large roll in my post apoplectic scenario...LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness