Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 10:52 AM

2,993 posts, read 4,303,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
I am guessing you have never faced an organization, or a nation, that wants you dead.
One that can't be reasoned with, bribed or bargained with.
Short of a first strike on their part, I don't think NK is worth risking nuclear war and ww3 over. I also do believe he really can be appeased as easily as us stopping our aggression and rattling on his doorstep. Of course we aren't willing to do that. Why do we still have a huge military presence in SK after all these years?

The U.S. Empire creates it's own enemies for survival. Kim could easily be appeased. He just wants to be left alone and keep his nukes. He's not stupid. The only way he will ever get rid of his nukes is by launching all of them during a war.

Not worth the risk here IMO. Nothing to gain and everything to lose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2017, 10:55 AM

2,993 posts, read 4,303,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
He has "won" the same way a housefly buzzing around your house has "won." As long as you decide not to get the flyswatter out, the housefly triumphantly flaunts his existence and occasionally "threatens you" by buzzing around your head.

Now as to what the repercussions would be if we were to "get the flyswatter out" is wholly another matter. But we could incinerate that entire country a hundred times over. And Lil Kim is nearly the point that he may be able to send a missile across the ocean that may be nuclear and may or may not function properly. Starving engineers aren't very reliable. I'd hardly call that "won."

The only thing stopping NK from being no more is the global ramification if her were "swatted."
I get your fly analogy but this fly can turn Seoul into a glowing parking lot, not to mention Japan and the U.S. A fly can just annoy, not hurt you. I'd say he's more of a rattle snake, letting us know he's there, seriously armed and not to be messed with, but not interested in striking first unless provoked and cornered with no other choice.

When I see or hear a rattle snake while on a hike I just ignore it and give it a wide berth. I could kill the rattle snake easily if I wanted to, but there's no reason too and it could also get lucky and inflict me with a bite in the process. There's no reason to confront the snake, so even if I "won" the snake killing encounter, I'd still lose.

Old 12-27-2017, 11:09 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,782,627 times
North Korea about to attack us? Really? It wasn't long ago that the former Soviet Union was going nuke us. Then it was nuclear annihilation by communist China. I am stressed out. But at least I might finally get to use my prepper stockpile.

Old 12-27-2017, 11:34 AM

2,898 posts, read 1,867,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
North Korea about to attack us? Really? It wasn't long ago that the former Soviet Union was going nuke us. Then it was nuclear annihilation by communist China. I am stressed out. But at least I might finally get to use my prepper stockpile.
The difference was the Soviets were dangerous AND they were rational

North Korea is dangerous and is NOT rational. They are a loose cannon so to speak. And very importantly they are a state sponsor of terrorism and they are in collaboration with other countries like Iran in their nuclear development. They will certainly export their technologies to God only knows who for the right price. That is a significant danger.

Old 12-27-2017, 11:34 AM

4,173 posts, read 2,570,349 times
Quote:
You and I need to be training the next generation.
And I am way behind on doing that.

I am hoping for at least another year, before LFM gets his submarine built ...
I hope you have better luck with your next generation than I have had with mine. It would really help if my daughter, and grandkids would listen, but they couldn't care less, and get angry with me, and mock me when I suggest at least saving canned foods, etc with non electric can openers. And that the food in the freezer, and refrigerator will go bad if the power goes out. They can't depend on that. My daughter got furious with me the other day for bringing it up. I really don't get it. I had one months worth of dry goods saved up in Washington state, but had to left them there when forced out of the house by my ex husband since the rental car only held so much.

They leave the doors unlocked saying this is a safe area which bothers me to know end. I tell them that bad people can travel. She leaves her purse in the car which is just asking for it to be broken into. I'm looking for a car for myself, and can't keep it in their driveway, or the street in front, no room. So I was telling them how I don't like parking it where I can't keep an eye on it, and they think I'm paranoid about that. "You are always expecting something bad to happen." I've had one car stolen, and a different car side swiped both in from of 2 of my houses so it's really just common sense. Oh, and a truck of mine broken into also. Nothing was there to steal, but they broke into it anyway. They believe that our government will just shoot out any rockets that NK sends our way, no problem. They are completely blind, and I know a huge portion of Americans are the same exact way .

Sorry for ranting, but I'm so tired of them thinking I'm a complete idiot when I'm only trying to help them because I love them. But they don't love me back.

Old 12-27-2017, 12:38 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,645,770 times
Quote:
Sorry for ranting, but I'm so tired of them thinking I'm a complete idiot when I'm only trying to help them because I love them. But they don't love me back.
There comes a time when you have to allow them to
make their own mistakes and pay the consequences.

Old 12-27-2017, 12:54 PM

731 posts, read 678,427 times
I don't see chain smoking fat boy living that much longer....

Old 12-27-2017, 01:22 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,570,349 times
Quote:
There comes a time when you have to allow them to
make their own mistakes and pay the consequences.
Yeah, sometimes learning the hard way is the only way. I used to think I knew it all too, lol.

Old 12-27-2017, 01:28 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,645,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
I get your fly analogy but this fly can turn Seoul into a glowing parking lot, not to mention Japan and the U.S. A fly can just annoy, not hurt you. I'd say he's more of a rattle snake, letting us know he's there, seriously armed and not to be messed with, but not interested in striking first unless provoked and cornered with no other choice.

When I see or hear a rattle snake while on a hike I just ignore it and give it a wide berth. I could kill the rattle snake easily if I wanted to, but there's no reason too and it could also get lucky and inflict me with a bite in the process. There's no reason to confront the snake, so even if I "won" the snake killing encounter, I'd still lose.
This snake is in a room full of children,
and I guess, from your previous posts,
you would just let the snake run loose.

Good going, Neville Chamberlain.

Old 12-27-2017, 02:03 PM

2,898 posts, read 1,867,350 times
Quote:
This snake is in a room full of children,
and I guess, from your previous posts,
you would just let the snake run loose.

Good going, Neville Chamberlain.
The way I interpret his snake analogy is 100% based on NK will only attack in retaliation. If we provoke NK, Then they will strike back and we risk being bitten.

It leaves out the fact that NK might decide on their own to attack us first. That "snake" may go hunting on its own...even if we are minding our own business.

Nk shares technology and expertise with other crappy countries that hate us as well.

Here's about 10 seconds of Google searching

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chica...story,amp.html

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...a-tech/538959/

https://www.thedailybeast.com/north-...ship-with-iran

Could North Korea help Iran develop nuclear weapons? - CNNPolitics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness