Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2018, 10:27 AM

2,269 posts, read 1,639,596 times

Advertisements

Regarding the statement about a “bazooka”, there is an argument to be made in favor of it since it is commonly used in the military and it is something that a person can “keep and bear.” However, it is not strictly a directed weapon, it fires an explosive warhead and bombs and similar devices are considered weapons of mass destruction. Weapons of mass destruction have historically been considered devices restricted for use by governments.

And the redneck you like to portray as a problem has not been the stereotypical mass shooter, have they? They’ve instead been the deranged “kinda quiet, to himself” sorts. They’re not even the stereotypical shooter responsible for most criminal gun homicides, those are inner city thugs involved in turf wars and personal vendettas often involving drugs and other illicit activities.

Last edited by LesLucid; 03-24-2018 at 10:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2018, 10:35 AM

2,269 posts, read 1,639,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Don't forget psychological evaluations. Far right wingers don't want that cuz they know they're crazy but don't want to admit it. Political extremists on both sides are gonna fail evaluations as they should because I dont trust radicals of any side with guns. If you are a sane person with no criminal history then what are you goddammn worried about? Only those who deep down know they got something to lose, are worried.
Why don’t you look into the political affiliations of most of the recent mass shootings and get back to us. Research it carefully and let us here know what you find. Oh, you can also let us know how many are NRA members.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:00 AM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times
Quote:
Last I checked, the Second Amendment says nothing about AR-15s or AK-47s or Uzis. Shotguns and handguns are fine. I own a Stevens shotgun. I am not anti 2nd amendment. I hope to never ever ever ever have to point my gun at a human being (some of y'all are secretly dying to pretend to be Rambo someday on a "home intruder", not saying you, but there's plenty of guntoting, beer swigglin' wackos out there that believe me, are, and that's a problem.)

If the 2nd amendment covers any weapons why stop at an AR-15? Why not get a bazooka? A ballistic homing missile? Why not own a couple hand grenades? Hell get yourself a couple of those cartoon style black bombs while you are at it, with the cute little wicks. Screw that... land mines baby! I have the right to secretly plant a land mine in my backyard in the off chance someone might try to break into my house and steal my heroin!
Just trying to figure out where in the 2nd amendment that shot guns and handguns would be protected whereas ar15s will not. Please educated the rest of us.
While some you claim are trying to be Rambo, some just have their heads buried in the sand, can't see more than one step ahead (probably not a chess player, or one that wins anyways) that the removal of Ar15s is the first step to going after the guns you now own.
Can't get an ar15, just bring your 8 shot shotgun and glock with 30 round mags. If people use those there can easily be just as high of a death toll so if ar15s go, you personal guns are next and then you'll be asking for support of those that used to own ar15s after you threw them under the bus.
Pretty short sighted and selfish.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:15 AM

1,127 posts, read 1,275,259 times
Quote:
Last I checked, the Second Amendment says nothing about AR-15s or AK-47s or Uzis. Shotguns and handguns are fine. I own a Stevens shotgun. I am not anti 2nd amendment. I hope to never ever ever ever have to point my gun at a human being (some of y'all are secretly dying to pretend to be Rambo someday on a "home intruder", not saying you, but there's plenty of guntoting, beer swigglin' wackos out there that believe me, are, and that's a problem.)

If the 2nd amendment covers any weapons why stop at an AR-15? Why not get a bazooka? A ballistic homing missile? Why not own a couple hand grenades? Hell get yourself a couple of those cartoon style black bombs while you are at it, with the cute little wicks. Screw that... land mines baby! I have the right to secretly plant a land mine in my backyard in the off chance someone might try to break into my house and steal my heroin!
You know what? You may be onto something. All that stuff in the last paragraph sounds like fun stuff. Except the heroin. You can keep that. Far as I am concerned, anybody who can buy the object should be able to have it. Those who use it for evil will get what they desire, laws or no. Believe me, I know where to get most anything I might need to create havoc if I were so disposed. The man who can buy a tank is about the least likely to use it for evil, though. He has too much to lose. I would be more cautious of the gang of "children" on the corner of a street in north St. Louis with their Lorcin 380's and .40 Hi-points than I would of the people I know who own safes full of belt fed weapons and even artilery pieces. Legally owned weapons generally offer no threat to anyone not threatening the owner. Weapons in the hands that should not have them, either because the system failed or because they stole them, are a different story.

What really amuses me is the idiots expecting the system, exactly the same system that failed repeatedly to stop the current darling of the gun control weenies, Nicholas Cruz( who was handed to the FBI and BCSD on a sliver platter more than once), to stop all future violence by taking the guns away from the rest of us. Hmmm. You say we right wingers(a portrait painted with a broom, because there was no brush wide enough) are crazy. And we are heavily armed. And you plan to send proven incompetents after us. Just what the hell do you think is going to happen? That we will simply hand them over? That the incompetents will somehow finally get their crap in a sack and do something right? You all need to stop spewing your emotional opinions and think about the conditions on the ground. You have movie stars, high school kids, and the like, all unarmed. We have veteran soldiers, professional shooters, hunters, and the like. All armed, many trained. To accomplish an objective, you need to know what you face, and have the logistics and manpower in place to accomplish it. You folks are a long way from that. Disarmament of America is a pipe dream, and you will not see it in your lifetimes, no matter how many laws you pass. Get another hobby.

Old 03-24-2018, 02:04 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times
Quote:

The 2nd Amendment says "arms". Back then the military used what everyone else used and that included personally owned cannons. The equivalent today would be an AR-15, SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon) and a Howitzer. I have more than enough room to safely shoot small artillery but there are laws stopping me.

I have had to point a pistol at someone who was trying to kick in my back door. My only thought was keeping my family safe. Luckily for the guy attempting this, the police got there before the door frame gave way.

And no one wants to shoot an intruder unless they have mental issues. You have paperwork to fill out, police interviews and sometimes a grand jury looks into it. When your name gets plastered on your local paper's front page, you may have to deal with retribution. I read of an incident where an entire family had to pack up and move within 48 hours of stopping a home invasion by a local gang member. Finally, you are responsible for clean-up. I've posted a link to that story in another thread and the guy goes into detail about the mess caused by shooting a home invader in the forehead.

Actually, you can own a bazooka as well as mortars. Flamethrowers are legal to buy and send through the mail in 48 states.
Boring Company: Elon Musk says he has sold out of flamethrowers - Feb. 1, 2018
https://throwflame.com
XM42-M Store | The Ion Productions Team

Old 03-24-2018, 02:33 PM

I also know of a local man who had to move after being forced to kill a man who followed him into the house after the homeowner tried to defuse a situation by removing himself from it. The decease mans family continually threatened this individual and his family to the point he felt is prudent to leave the area. It was a textbook self defense case, with no charges ever brought or jury convened. Killing a person in self defense is a personal disaster for the defender, often financially and personally. Only a crazy person would look forward to killing another person. Even in self defense. Especially in self defense. Even if a man breaks into my home in the night, he will be given the opportunity to comply with instructions and wait for the sheriff, especially if he is unarmed. If I have the chance to spare us both the trouble that follows a self defense shooting, I will, both for logical and moral reasons. One does not take life lightly, unless one is mentally ill. However, one should be ready and willing to take life in defense of self, family, others, or even a way of life if necessary. Defending ones life and liberty are to me the only reasons to take life, other than as a consequence for violent crimes. If those criteria are met, I have already made my peace with what must be done, and will do it without further deliberation.

Old 03-24-2018, 02:49 PM

15,433 posts, read 7,491,963 times
Quote:

I have no problem with people owning those weapons, but would punish them severely for misusing them.

Quote:
Don't forget psychological evaluations. Far right wingers don't want that cuz they know they're crazy but don't want to admit it. Political extremists on both sides are gonna fail evaluations as they should because I dont trust radicals of any side with guns. If you are a sane person with no criminal history then what are you goddammn worried about? Only those who deep down know they got something to lose, are worried.
The anti-gun folks are the ones who need evaluations. They seem to project what they would do (mass killing) onto everyone else. None of the many gun owners I know ever think of such things.

Old 03-24-2018, 04:00 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,652,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
And no one wants to shoot an intruder unless they have mental issues. You have paperwork to fill out, police interviews and sometimes a grand jury looks into it. When your name gets plastered on your local paper's front page, you may have to deal with retribution.
You have a point there, and I have told people that if someone ran into my house while I had a gun in my hand, grabbed the TV and ran out, I would probably just watch him do it. Lawyers are more expensive than TV's.

Quote:
I read of an incident where an entire family had to pack up and move within 48 hours of stopping a home invasion by a local gang member. ...
The REAL reason he had to pack up and leave was that the sheriff wasn't doing his job. (To be fair, the county may not have been giving the sheriff the resources to do his job.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
The anti-gun folks are the ones who need evaluations. They seem to project what they would do (mass killing) onto everyone else. None of the many gun owners I know ever think of such things.
The really dangerous thing, when the libs get back into power is that the majority of psychiatrists being produced by our leftist indoctrination centers are hopolophobes or fudds.

Old 03-24-2018, 04:23 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
I know it seems scary to some now, but you're discounting the power of votes from the 2A people, and Americans in general who don't want guns banned.

The snowflakes and liberals don't run this country (yet).
Yeah, but we will have our day. Just look at all these teens marching against guns today. Shortly, those kids will all be able to vote and your assault rifles and bumpstocks will be considered antiques!!

Besides, gun afficiandos are fast becoming old people and all of you will gradually die off.

Like golf, guns will become an outdated hobby among the younger, smarter generation.

Old 03-24-2018, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Yeah, but we will have our day. Just look at all these teens marching against guns today. Shortly, those kids will all be able to vote and your assault rifles and bumpstocks will be considered antiques!!

Besides, gun afficiandos are fast becoming old people and all of you will gradually die off.

Like golf, guns will become an outdated hobby among the younger, smarter generation.
There won't be a younger generation if the guns are gone. Gas chambers, mass graves and starvation always follow populace disarmament. And s fact that you idiots are all hoping for it proves there won't be a smarter generation, either. Which I can attest to personally, being as I am the oldest person in every class so far at college, and I have been at the top of all of them thus far. Seems the younger crowd is lacking something there. It's called commitment and work ethic. Which is a pity, since both of those will be required to win this war. And us "old" folks have both in quantity. Dream on, kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness