Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2018, 10:36 AM

10,761 posts, read 5,676,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Nobody needs to tote around a high powered assault weapon.
Please explain what high powered is, and then explain how the high powered round fired by an AR-15 differs from other low powered rounds fired by bolt action hunting rifles.

I’ll wait while you research . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2018, 10:41 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,490,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Please explain what high powered is, and then explain how the high powered round fired by an AR-15 differs from other low powered rounds fired by bolt action hunting rifles.

I’ll wait while you research . . .
They don't even know the difference between a "weapon" and a "firearm". I've never owned a "weapon" in my life. But I have a lot of firearms!

Old 03-27-2018, 11:20 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,655,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
2 - 95% of the problem comes from that "Active Threads" thing. All sorts of riffraff from the rest of C-D will be over here. They have no clue what we're about, as is evident.
3 - Avoid giving your threads catchy titles that draw interest.
Yeah, that was what I meant by tightening up on thread titles.
This is one I would have changed completely.

Quote:
4 - Do not feed the trolls. Don't argue with them. They'll be back again and again for laffs if they think they can get a rise out of you, which they always do.
Yeah, I am guilty of that, but that can be dealt with.

Quote:
5 - Everybody does not have to agree with you. Remember that they have a right to be over here.
6 - Once you identify a liberal or a troll, do NOT engage him or her in debate. You can't win it, and you won't change their minds. Ladies, especially, do not agree with us over here.
I don't mind if they come here to state a legitimate opinion, but I can see that many of them have an attitude that they need to ridicule us to harden their manhood.

Quote:
7 - The "Ignore" feature works well. In the past, I've had as many as 8 different posters on Ignore.
I have more than 20 on ignore, but only about 3 from SS&P. The others are from that forum that is severely hobbled by professional misfits (I got in trouble for calling them what they are ).

Quote:
Every few years we get an especially bad infestation. Now is not one of those times. ....
I believe in preparing ahead of time for when they come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
One other thing. When a non-regular SS&P poster starts a thread with a provacative title (who the hell is slackercruster, the OP?), they usually drop their firebomb and run away. Anybody seen the OP lately on this thread? Me either.
slackercruster is pro gun and conservative in other ways. He may have actually thought he was helping to warn us He is no stranger to controversy, though, and often stirs up hatred among the liberals on other forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Basically, because cars require a lot of financial paperwork, even though there’s literally zero requirements besides the ability to pay, because that paperwork takes time to complete, they claim cars are harder to buy based on that fact.
I just tell them that I have never had to fill out financial paperwork to buy a car. (I have driven some pretty crappy cars, though )

Old 03-27-2018, 12:42 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,605,395 times
Those who accept the Constitution would say that buying a gun should be as easy as buying a book. The Second Amendment is not an inferior amendment.

Old 03-27-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Those who accept the Constitution would say that buying a gun should be as easy as buying a book. The Second Amendment is not an inferior amendment.
At least as easy as buying a "dirty" book.
I think you should be at least 18.
At least 14 if it is a .410

It used to be standard that we took a course in driver's ed in high school,
I think a course on gun safety should be just as common, maybe in Jr High.

Old 03-27-2018, 02:53 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,605,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
At least as easy as buying a "dirty" book.
I think you should be at least 18.
At least 14 if it is a .410

It used to be standard that we took a course in driver's ed in high school,
I think a course on gun safety should be just as common, maybe in Jr High.
We still do it where I live. High school kids can shoot handguns and .22 rifles at a range two nights per week. Many rights are obviously contingent on age. Voting is an example.

Wyoming has no state law that people must be of a certain age to buy or possess guns. That's considered to be a parental decision.

Old 03-27-2018, 04:12 PM

2,899 posts, read 1,870,211 times
Quote:
We still do it where I live. High school kids can shoot handguns and .22 rifles at a range two nights per week. Many rights are obviously contingent on age. Voting is an example.

Wyoming has no state law that people must be of a certain age to buy or possess guns. That's considered to be a parental decision.
Imagine that...parents knowing what's best for their kids and not government

NY sucks, they nanny everyone.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
That is excellent, but does the school provide instruction and guidance?
(Might not be needed at some rural school in WY, but definitely needed most other places.

Quote:
Both could be true. I had a gun before I was 18 but could not buy a gun until I was of age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
Imagine that...parents knowing what's best for their kids and not government

NY sucks, they nanny everyone.
I think the government should set certain bottom limits, to deal with the bottom feeders, but the parents should be free to go beyond that. I also see that excessive nannying is counter productive. NY, BTW, takes it to the Big Brother level. Residents of NY are more subjects than citizens. (One step away from serfs.)

Old 03-27-2018, 07:22 PM

1,127 posts, read 1,275,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
That is excellent, but does the school provide instruction and guidance?
(Might not be needed at some rural school in WY, but definitely needed most other places.

Both could be true. I had a gun before I was 18 but could not buy a gun until I was of age.

I think the government should set certain bottom limits, to deal with the bottom feeders, but the parents should be free to go beyond that. I also see that excessive nannying is counter productive. NY, BTW, takes it to the Big Brother level. Residents of NY are more subjects than citizens. (One step away from serfs.)
Not one step away. They are. They pay rent to the lord of the manor to stay in their homes. They send tribute from their labors to the lord annually, as well as daily. Just like the rest of us. And the fact that we are armed seems to matter not a whit, as those arms stay hidden in safes and closets whilst we slave to pay the lords of one manor or another. In fact, I almost wonder why the statists want our guns, since they have little to fear from them, it would seem. But we know why they want them. Can't have the serfs getting uppity when it comes time to thin them out, now can we?

Old 03-27-2018, 09:01 PM

231 posts, read 251,079 times
Quote:

Wow! Might have to look at Wyoming again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness