Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 12:10 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,085,674 times

Advertisements

This video is a good one on dealing with an active shooter. It also illustrates my point that if they ban the black rifles, they will go after the semi-auto pistols next and if they ban the semi-auto pistols, they will go after shotguns and if they ban the shotguns, revolvers will be on the chopping block.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VcSwejU2D0

...great safety video to watch even if you hate guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 12:16 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,490,127 times
I know it seems scary to some now, but you're discounting the power of votes from the 2A people, and Americans in general who don't want guns banned.

The snowflakes and liberals don't run this country (yet).

Old 03-17-2018, 12:38 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
I don't want your shotgun, just your assault weapons.

Old 03-17-2018, 01:10 PM

7,650 posts, read 4,599,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Well, I don't want to give them to you, and the law says I do not need to. So I want you to quit trying to illegally take them away.

There are many places where guns are legally outlawed. Tinker with those areas to make them crime free, show how it's done and then we can talk more about what needs to be done here.

Old 03-17-2018, 01:27 PM

3,217 posts, read 2,358,250 times
fear mongers on the right smdh. Every poll I've seen show the overwhelming majority of Americans want two things:
1. better background checks;
2. Reinstitute ban of AR-15 types guns that GOP chose not to renew in 1995.

90% of americans have repeatedly said DO NOT outlaw guns as whole! Limit them like other things are limited to reduce the changes of serious bodily harm or death.

Old 03-17-2018, 01:36 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,490,127 times
You would think that the ARs had a mind of their own, and just took it upon themselves to get up, and with no help from any human anywhere, just decided to kill some people! But the shotguns? Nah, they're better behaved. Sure they can kill just as many, but they don't "look" as menacing.

Good grief.

Old 03-17-2018, 05:36 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,652,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1962 View Post
fear mongers on the right smdh. Every poll I've seen show the overwhelming majority of Americans want two things:

90% of americans have repeatedly said DO NOT outlaw guns as whole! Limit them like other things are limited to reduce the changes of serious bodily harm or death.
Deja Moo.
(We have heard that bull before.)

Old 03-17-2018, 05:38 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,652,086 times
Quote:
No. YOUR move.

(Do not forget that about three percent of us will trade our life for our liberty, just as we swore to when we took our oath of office, and thee percent of us is more than all of the law enforcement that are willing to break their oath of office.)

Old 03-17-2018, 05:54 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,605,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1962 View Post

Quote:
The Second Amendment trumps all the squealing. We now control Congress, the White House, and the Supreme Court. The Founding Fathers are beginning to show a crinkle on their lips. They won't really smile, however, until we repeal the Gun Control Act, National Firearms Act, and all the others that infringe our right in even the tiniest way.

The Constitution was formulated in a particular way to restrain the uninformed mob.

Hurrah for the Founding Fathers, the greatest bunch of felons ever.

Old 03-17-2018, 07:53 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
Amendments are equally important in a civilized government. We the people can modify certain antiquated laws that hinder the rights of it's citizens. We need assault weapons because? .answer: we don't. Anymore then we need nuclear bombs. Be that as it may, a law can be changed. It will be welcoming to have this younger generation set the stage for safety and limiting the types of weapontry .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness