Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 05:49 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,918,690 times

Advertisements

lol, of course it won't work. It's not a serious thing, it's just something certain people push to look good to those living in rural, conservative areas during election seasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2020, 10:41 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
That's how you destroy the United States. Feed the separatist movement. Putin is having good success with the EU too. We're at war, and Americans are too dumb to notice.
who are we at war with?

we now have 50 states. who is to say that is the perfect number of states? i dont understand why people shouldnt be able to get government as close to home as possible to avoid central governance from hundreds of miles away or from people they dont agree with. if people want to secede from a state or even the nation, then they should be allowed to do it. government's dont have a right to land and dont have a right to govern without consent.

Old 02-26-2020, 01:15 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
who are we at war with?

we now have 50 states. who is to say that is the perfect number of states? i dont understand why people shouldnt be able to get government as close to home as possible to avoid central governance from hundreds of miles away or from people they dont agree with. if people want to secede from a state or even the nation, then they should be allowed to do it. government's dont have a right to land and dont have a right to govern without consent.
Where do you think your idea to destroy the United States came from? Here's a clue: it wasn't from Americans.

Old 02-26-2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Where do you think your idea to destroy the United States came from? Here's a clue: it wasn't from Americans.
hahahaa, where did it come from? muslims? gays? russians? which is the group that you dont like?

Old 02-26-2020, 05:08 PM

Quote:
hahahaa, where did it come from? muslims? gays? russians? which is the group that you dont like?
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...kUqTQ-WkeAWgTo

We're at war, in case you haven't noticed.

Old 02-26-2020, 05:31 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
This country is becoming a tinderbox of partisan politics, into!erance, and racial divide. In particular, hatred of white Christian males has gotten way out of hand. Add this to the political trend toward disarmament of the law-abiding, and it's no mystery why secession movements spring up from time to time. Most of them will fizzle and go nowhere.

However, many conservatives are more seriously considering self-isolationist communities. While still part of a state and definitely part of the US, they plan to restrict entry to the community to those who are fully vetted politically, philosphically, and sometimes financially. The idea is to band with like-minded people to promote common interests. Among those who see a threat to Western Civilization, there is a strong desire for a separate lifestyle where their own values and ethics would be placed above those of the popular American culture.

Many people are unaware of these separatist movements. Perhaps because they are secretive and not looking to officially secede from anything, they go undetected and unreported. They shun publicity. But their impact could be far more significant than the clamoring masses that want to divide states and countries. After all, principles and beliefs are far stronger than political lines drawn on a map.
You just define a "gated community". Lol

Old 02-27-2020, 06:29 AM

Quote:
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...kUqTQ-WkeAWgTo

We're at war, in case you haven't noticed.
hahahaha war with russia!!!! thats hilarious. you think that we are still in the middle of the cold war.

Old 02-27-2020, 01:00 PM

Quote:
hahahaha war with russia!!!! thats hilarious. you think that we are still in the middle of the cold war.
It's not me, it's the FBI and CIA saying it. You know, the people actually investigating? If you're not an American any more, just own it. It may not be your country, but it's still mine.

Old 02-27-2020, 04:16 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,605,395 times
Quote:
It's not me, it's the FBI and CIA saying it. You know, the people actually investigating? If you're not an American any more, just own it. It may not be your country, but it's still mine.
The FBI and CIA have no credibility. They are among the many government agencies shown to be corrupt.

Old 02-27-2020, 08:12 PM

Quote:
what are they saying exactly? are they giving you any proof of anything or are we just supposed to take their word for it?

is russia doing any worse than the US is doing in russia and many other countries? the US doesnt try to influence elections in other countries? the US has military operations going on all over the world, but that is perfectly ok to you since the US government can do no wrong right?

i dont identify with any country (certainly not with any government of a country). im an individual and i identify by things that relate to me. if it makes you feel better to saying you are an american because you just so happen to be born on this piece of dirt, thats great for you. that isnt how i think of the world and my place in it.

btw, your comment about russian aggression reminds me of this meme:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness