Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 11:10 PM

7,650 posts, read 4,599,879 times

Advertisements

California's Democratic Party has added a Universal Basic Income to its State platform. For those of you that don't know, a Universal Basic Income is presented as a direct payment to all Americans from the government.

Looks like Trump might be running against some guy offering everyone $1,000 a month.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/11/andr...-handouts.html

Polling in the California thread. Hopefully get some good replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2018, 02:47 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,649,221 times
They are hoping it is hard to run against Santa Clause.

It might work, among those who prefer life in the hive
to any sense of Self Sufficiency, and for whom individual
preparedness is a threat to their way of life

Old 04-16-2018, 02:56 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,540,508 times
haha joke's on them... $12k/year would kick them off of their welfare benefits

Old 04-16-2018, 07:06 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
So... to pay for this income taxes on the gainfully employed are gonna be what, 75% of income?

Hopefully $1K a month will be enough to rent a pod and subscription to the future VR net, plus the monthly payment for Direct Brain Interface installation surgery.

God the future is a scary place...

Old 04-16-2018, 09:43 PM

1,127 posts, read 1,275,090 times
My wife and i could live on that 2000 a month we would get. But no thanks. We wil keep working for what we want. We make about 5 times that now and will lokely be making 8 or more times that five years from now. That extra grand wouldnt be enough to make me feel ok with being a thief. Which I would be, because someone has to pay for it. Wanna bet my taxes would go up more than the 12 grand a year I would get out if it?

Old 04-19-2018, 08:30 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,530,480 times
Universal Basic Income is a bad name for it but it's a great idea. I know people will hate that I said it's a great ideal but that is their ignorance.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:24 PM

1,562 posts, read 2,795,897 times
Well, I'm ignorant, so explain to me why it's a good idea.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:57 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
Universal Basic Income is a bad name for it but it's a great idea. I know people will hate that I said it's a great ideal but that is their ignorance.
Yeah, living in abject poverty while totally dependent on a government entity just to survive and with nothing to do and no resources to do anything anyway is definitely a grand life.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:19 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
At some point, the people who go out and bust their azzes every day to support these "universal basic income" snowflakes playing video games all day in gramma's basement will get tired of supporting said snowflakes, as they well should be.

What happens then? Where does the government find serfs willing to be used as Revenue Generation Devices and to labor in order to support the snowflake class? We'll have the dependent snowflakes demanding support and rioting, the disgruntled Revenue Generation Devices who are tired of being used as pack animals, and the government elite class with no way to placate the snowflake monsters (their voters) they have created, who are now getting ugly and demanding. Just my opinion, but I'd doubt it will end well.

Also just my opinion, but any "Revenue Generation Device" who is content in seeing half his/her labor devoted to the idle who complain all day long about how bad they have it while being supported by those who DO have it bad because half their labor is being stolen from them, really need to wake up and acknowledge the fact that they are essentially de facto slaves with their masters being the Washington Elite Class and its largely idle underclass voter base.

Taxes are no longer taxes in the classical sense of the word. They are ransoms being paid to placate a hostile, lazy, and ever-more-demanding segment of the populace. If you are a taxpayer, you are paying a "protection fee" just as surely as if you were paying Al Capone himself.

Old 04-20-2018, 02:19 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,581,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
At some point, the people who go out and bust their azzes every day to support these "universal basic income" snowflakes playing video games all day in gramma's basement will get tired of supporting said snowflakes, as they well should be.

What happens then? Where does the government find serfs willing to be used as Revenue Generation Devices and to labor in order to support the snowflake class? We'll have the dependent snowflakes demanding support and rioting, the disgruntled Revenue Generation Devices who are tired of being used as pack animals, and the government elite class with no way to placate the snowflake monsters (their voters) they have created, who are now getting ugly and demanding. Just my opinion, but I'd doubt it will end well.

Also just my opinion, but any "Revenue Generation Device" who is content in seeing half his/her labor devoted to the idle who complain all day long about how bad they have it while being supported by those who DO have it bad because half their labor is being stolen from them, really need to wake up and acknowledge the fact that they are essentially de facto slaves with their masters being the Washington Elite Class and its largely idle underclass voter base.

Taxes are no longer taxes in the classical sense of the word. They are ransoms being paid to placate a hostile, lazy, and ever-more-demanding segment of the populace. If you are a taxpayer, you are paying a "protection fee" just as surely as if you were paying Al Capone himself.
They're already doing this. Ever hear of antifa and BLM???
Or how about all those useful idiots that walked out of class today???

Really got to get started on that bunker....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness