Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2020, 04:05 PM

8,934 posts, read 4,626,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
Fortunately I have friends and relatives in very remote areas, as my current metro area would not be an option.
I actually keep a mountain bike and vehicle rack on hand just for this sort of mass panic, in case roads become gridlocked with sick people.
How remote? I used to live up there, and if you aren't
going further than I-74, you aren't going far enough.

Frankly, I would recommend around the Mapleton thru Manito or even Havana areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2020, 04:13 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times
The MedCram.com on You Tube mentions two possible treatments for combatting the CoVid-19 virus
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...ces-and-dosage
This is a source that has empirical research to bolster its articles
Quercetin is a plant derived supplements — not a RX med—so available now as OTC
It seems to have no negative side effects but there are positive ones that have people taking it now as antioxidant and a help with high blood pressure

Watch the video
Read this article
I think seems that taking some form of Quercetin couldn’t hurt
Talk to your doctor if you have health issues of course to check for any complications with any meds you might be taking

Old 03-12-2020, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
It's a common dilemma. The individuals in the system are both knowledgeable and corrupt. So one often must weigh institutional knowledge and corruption vs naive integrity.
Please
Trump has done all he can to force out professional, long-time government workers from agencies where he wants his stooges to enact policies that are illegal
Your two choices are bogus
Why is naive integrity the only choice against institutional knowledge
And why it is linked to corruption
They don’t go hand in hand any more than integrity is axiomatically “naive”...

Old 03-12-2020, 04:16 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,460,386 times
People should stock up on laundry detergent, not disposable paper products. In a true crisis you can dedicate some rags and towels to dirty purposes and wash them in their own load of laundry.

Old 03-12-2020, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Maybe, but how forthcoming would China be to allow US assistance? I had thought their talk track all along was “thanks but we have it covered”?
The Chinese certainly don’t need help from the US—the lamest of the nations that should be making the greatest strides to investigate and halt the virus
It has done neither

South Korea is the country to emulate
Just as Vietnam is going a good effort to contain its contagion

Old 03-12-2020, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Please
No.
Please.
Stop with the Leftist Political Drama and Trump Derangement Syndrome.
This isn't the place for it.

Old 03-13-2020, 09:37 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,786,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Trump prevented, in this country, the disaster that Italy is experiencing. That isn't head in the sand, that is leadership. You keep repeating Leftist talking points that have already been debunked. That is why we want you to leave politics out of this. It is because we want honesty, and are not getting it.
Is it 5 states now that have closed their entire school system or is it 9? How many states have declared a state of emergency because of SARS CoV-19? Half? Where are the test kits??????? Anthony Fauci coronavirus testing capacity. " It is a failing. Lets admit it."

These are not leftist talking points. These are facts reported across all of media, well, maybe except for Hannity.

Trump lies during his monotone teleprompter speech and the market tumbles over 2000 points. Maybe he should just keep his mouth shut, and hire back the pandemic office he shut to save money and give his besties a big beautiful tax break. You can't leave politics out of this. Trump visits the CDC with his new campaign slogan on his hat, and talks about the perfect call and perfect response to this pandemic, and lies some more about the not available test kits.
South Korea created a test kit in 3 weeks! Three weeks! They test 10,000 a day to our 10,000 since this started in February. Why?

You want honesty? Don't make me laugh. Better yet, go on the W.H.O and crippled CDC websites and read about this.

Old 03-13-2020, 11:12 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,680,578 times
China will have a working vaccine before the rest of the world. They already have one and it is being tested. They also know of 2 common Prescription drugs that works to speed recovery.

Old 03-13-2020, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
China will have a working vaccine before the rest of the world. They already have one and it is being tested. They also know of 2 common Prescription drugs that works to speed recovery.
Shouldn't surprise us if they do, since they had a six week head start, while they kept all of this secret from the rest of us. Even using technology they stole from us, rather than developed on their own, such a head start gives them an advantage.

Old 03-13-2020, 03:25 PM

4,930 posts, read 3,043,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
How remote? I used to live up there, and if you aren't
going further than I-74, you aren't going far enough.

Frankly, I would recommend around the Mapleton thru Manito or even Havana areas.

Much further, Land between the Lakes near Ft. Campbell, KY.
Or even better, where my cousin resides in rural Idaho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness