Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2020, 06:59 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,208,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
In that case the H1N1 Virus, formerly known as Swine Flu should be renamed the "American Pig Plague" to make sure we don't use scientific terms but tell it like it is, right?

North American Swine Flu (originated in Mexico). Then there is the separate Asian Swine Flu. Then there is the Wuhan Virus. Let's not change the way things are historically documented for PC sake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2020, 07:11 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,988,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
In that case the H1N1 Virus, formerly known as Swine Flu should be renamed the "American Pig Plague" to make sure we don't use scientific terms but tell it like it is, right?
Mexican Flu would likely be more accurate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_s...ndemic#History

Old 04-09-2020, 07:35 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
If it boils to states making choices, it obviates Big Govt & is in line w/ Constitution &The FF's ideals for separate powers granted unto the states -- NOT the Feds.
are the states any more qualified to rule us than the federal government? we can work on ending the federal government, but the state government comes next.

Old 04-09-2020, 07:41 AM

2,898 posts, read 1,863,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
are the states any more qualified to rule us than the federal government? we can work on ending the federal government, but the state government comes next.
That's pretty much what our country should be

It's supposed to be a union of states each having significant autonomy and a federal government to guarantee rights and national sovereignty.

Old 04-09-2020, 07:48 AM

2,512 posts, read 3,055,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
And again, the origin or suspected origin has nothing to do with why a person would deliberately use the term "Wuhan" instead of the current recognized name of this virus. Play the fool or not, but it' clearly nothing but some lame attempt by the ignorant to incite and play on the even bigger ignorance and stupidity of some.

If everyone thinks it's right, convince me that the USE of the term was for a purpose other than to inflame and incite.
Terminology for the virus and outbreak is controversial, but given the origin is the wet markets of the Wuhan Province of China, supposedly run and supplied by organized crime/gangs with data/early warning/information to the rest of the world being affected by a one party (Communist) government, how much "political correctness" in terms would be appropriate?

One could break the matter down to components I suppose, maybe starting with the horrific animal cruelty.

Old 04-09-2020, 07:58 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,671,339 times
The origin was not the wet markets. That is fake news.

Red China plans long term. There is a reason that Shanghai and Beijing had NO cases. Everybody was immunized. That’s why Dictator Xi was able to walk around Wuhan with just a dust mask.

About eight years ago there was a very high number of ships with no cargo to haul. That is called the Baltic Dry Index. Red China bought a lot of old ships and scrapped them to build up their army. They also bought some new supertankers. Those ships were converted to troop ships and the giant flat decks were made into helicopter pads.

The Philippines are decimated by the China virus. Those giant troop ships can sail up to the shore of a country unable to defend itself and just take over.

Because of the one child policy, Chinese families wanted sons. All girl babies were aborted for decades. That means there are millions of Chinese men who cannot find wives. I predict that Red China will move into the Philppines within a month for “humanitarian reasons†don’t ya know.

Old 04-09-2020, 08:31 AM

13,641 posts, read 9,696,571 times
Quote:
It has been a longstanding source of bewilderment to me, as to why the skepticism towards the federal government somehow magically dissipates regarding the state government, and even more so, regarding local government.

How does it matter, whether the intrusive constabulary is federal, state or local? How does it matter, whether overweening and intrusive regulations are federal, state or local? How does it matter, if what prevents you from consuming something or synthesizing something is forbidden by the federal, state or local government?

Government is government. Insignias or badges don't matter.

Old 04-09-2020, 08:45 AM

25,684 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
So you're basically saying that whether we have a government like the Third Reich or Stalin's USSR or North Korea or what we have in the US or what they have in Norway or Switzerland or Somalia or El Salvador, etc, are all the same and makes no difference.

I disagree.

Old 04-09-2020, 09:29 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
It has been a longstanding source of bewilderment to me, as to why the skepticism towards the federal government somehow magically dissipates regarding the state government, and even more so, regarding local government.

How does it matter, whether the intrusive constabulary is federal, state or local? How does it matter, whether overweening and intrusive regulations are federal, state or local? How does it matter, if what prevents you from consuming something or synthesizing something is forbidden by the federal, state or local government?

its a trick. if you arent happy with the federal government, they give you a state government and hope that makes you happy. then, the people who actually believe that we should have individual rights is much more limited when you offer them other forms of government that they are tricked into finding more appealing.

i find it interesting that people believe that its not ok for the federal government to rule them but its ok for a state government to rule them. its a deception to believe that there is a difference.

Old 04-09-2020, 09:44 AM

25,684 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
i find it interesting that people believe that its not ok for the federal government to rule them but its ok for a state government to rule them. its a deception to believe that there is a difference.
But there is a difference. Take for instance building codes and zoning regulations. Two counties away, I can build pretty much any sort of home any size I like (with very minimal requirements). In my county, I am severely restricted in what I can build and live in with both size and construction techniques. It would even be worse if it were under federal government jurisdiction--there would be no place I could go to build as I choose besides to another country with less stringent restrictions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness