Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2020, 08:18 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,610,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Lotsa pearl clutching in this thread....
And lots of trolling by those suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome and delusions of being citizens of the world, rather than citizens of their own country, both of which are useful idiots of the Communists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2020, 03:29 PM

13,633 posts, read 9,688,646 times
Folks, for the umpteenth time, this isn't about what Trump did or didn't do; or whether China is or isn't at fault. Now we face two pivotal questions:

1. How to bring back our economy, rescuing what broke (both businesses and employees).

2. How to ensure that there is no permanent power-grab; which is to say, how to secure 100% rollback of all "temporary" measures.

We can fight about Trump another day (such as, maybe, in November?). For now, let's deal with the above two questions. They affect us all - regardless of where we stand politically.

Old 04-14-2020, 09:35 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,791,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
the US is a much more evil actor when it comes to foreign policy than china is. china is worse when it comes to domestic policy, which seems to have given many Americans a naive notion that their government is the "good guy" that it very much is not.
Tibet, Vietnam, North Korea? Weaponized islands in the seas?

Last edited by nalabama; 04-14-2020 at 10:28 PM..

Old 04-15-2020, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
the US is a much more evil actor when it comes to foreign policy than china is. china is worse when it comes to domestic policy, which seems to have given many Americans a naive notion that their government is the "good guy" that it very much is not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalabama View Post
Tibet, Vietnam, North Korea? Weaponized islands in the seas?
Yeah, I thought when I read that, that it was naive to the point of being disinformation.

Old 04-15-2020, 09:32 AM

5,195 posts, read 1,866,762 times
I disagree with this, I think it's an unreasonable position to hold based on what is known about how the virus spread in the first place, and about the known facts regarding the minimisation of its spread and influence, driving the quarantine efforts.

Old 04-15-2020, 09:36 AM

185 posts, read 96,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
Lets not play stupid here! We all know why the word "Wuhan" was deliberately being used.

It's kinda insulting when people think using a forum devoted to preparedness automatically means it's a a gathering of tin foil loonies who will play the dutiful conspiracy theorist part without question. The use of "Wuhan" was intended to incite and play to the Pied Piper ignorant.

Be as politically correct and as racially sensitive as you want but everything points back to Wuhan. It's not about being "rayciss" against Chinese but the virus stemmed from Wuhan. I'm sure there would be no "racially sensitive" sentiments if it were called the "Louisiana Flu".

Old 04-15-2020, 09:39 AM

185 posts, read 96,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Folks, for the umpteenth time, this isn't about what Trump did or didn't do; or whether China is or isn't at fault. Now we face two pivotal questions:

1. How to bring back our economy, rescuing what broke (both businesses and employees).

2. How to ensure that there is no permanent power-grab; which is to say, how to secure 100% rollback of all "temporary" measures.

We can fight about Trump another day (such as, maybe, in November?). For now, let's deal with the above two questions. They affect us all - regardless of where we stand politically.

I would have to disagree. Though I fully agree with your other points, I think its important to remember that China ROYALLY messed up. We can't let them off the hook because what they did was a major injustice. And thanks to the CCP, the whole world is taking the same very restrictive measures that China has taken. We're all modeling China's way of handling, albeit it, not as strict or brutal but the point remains.

Old 04-15-2020, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman Resu VIII View Post
I disagree with this, I think it's an unreasonable position to hold based on what is known about how the virus spread in the first place, and about the known facts regarding the minimisation of its spread and influence, driving the quarantine efforts.
Way too many indefinites. Pronouns and otherwise.
Start over by quoting a previous message,
and tell us which this you disagree with.

Old 04-15-2020, 04:15 PM

127 posts, read 83,041 times
It’s the wuhan flu. THe virus is from CHINA.

Old 04-16-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamPittsburgh View Post
It’s the wuhan flu. THe virus is from CHINA.
Well, it isn't the flu, but otherwise, I agree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness