Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 03:17 PM

437 posts, read 547,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propop View Post
And white people who back this chaos and always speak about "white privilege and white supremacy" are instigating their own demise and digging their own graves because once this violence spreads, the whites "stoking the flames" won't be spared. There are already people marching through Beverly Hills with signs saying "eat the rich." We all know that areas like Beverly Hills or Bel Air are not considered black areas but majority if not all white areas. Well, they're coming for those too. So we'll see how whites who preach their own demise feel after their areas are destroyed and they are attacked regardless of their security fences and the like. Because these people are coming..."they've tasted blood and they like it."
Can someone explain these white liberals for me? They're the one group I really don't get. What are they getting out of this? Why do they think they'll be exempt from race bashing? I bet most of em have still been called racist from time to time even though it's their lifes work to be scared of offending black people in any way. So what's the point? Going against their own interests in every way possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2020, 03:29 PM

6,115 posts, read 4,607,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Something to ponder -
There are rumors going around that many of the "rioters" are not local, but anarchists and thieves that have had their way to certain cities paid for.

However... while face masks are convenient to limit identification, they are poor protection in crowds of people who are screaming and exerting themselves physically during a pandemic. In a few weeks we may see a significant spike in Darwinian selection.
I'm totally against the property vandalism and physical violence from a very small minority of the protesters, but I disagree on the "Darwinian" aspect in reference to the mask issue when compared to another very recent protest group during the pandemic, the "Reopen" protestors.

We can debate the purpose and motives of each, but as far as the mask wearing goes, a much higher percentage of the George Floyd protestors are heeding public health advice and wearing masks compared to the Reopen protests. Here are two examples, but this is what you'll find consistently. There are exceptions here and there but there's a clear pattern. Also, you'll see the "Reopen" people skew to an older age (a lot of aging Baby Boomers in those crowds), which is one of the top risk factors for the coronavirus, when it comes to who is much more at risk for fatalities and who will put the biggest strain on the health care system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zq74lmfNiA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbpKnWxMhyg

Last edited by Jowel; 05-31-2020 at 04:03 PM..

Old 05-31-2020, 03:45 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,681,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propop View Post
You're on the side of the rioters "until they come rioting in your neighborhood." The riots are not for "justice" but for "chaos." They want to start a civil war brought to you by yours truly ANTIFA and their goons (who are usually paid and bused in and frequently young white leftist-liberals, that's why you see so many young white people rioting) backed by the one-and-only billionaire George Soros. He backs a lot of NGOs around the world to instigate his vision of a "one world government." He's been kicked out of a few countries including his birth country Hungary. The riots will only result in the citizenry (who most of them have not rioted) being the victim of more of our freedoms being taken away.
I don't know Soros or any of the rioters, so if you say that's what they tell you, I have to bow to your wisdom. I do have my doubts about your taste in friends.

You and your rioter buddies should be warned that my neighborhood can take care of itself. I haven't seen a cop anywhere near here in years, so if you have a problem with the law you need to look elsewhere.

Old 05-31-2020, 03:50 PM

6,115 posts, read 4,607,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travel-a-lot View Post
Can someone explain these white liberals for me? They're the one group I really don't get. What are they getting out of this? Why do they think they'll be exempt from race bashing? I bet most of em have still been called racist from time to time even though it's their lifes work to be scared of offending black people in any way. So what's the point? Going against their own interests in every way possible.
The ones who are there peacefully for good reason (not the ones starting riots and destroying property) are there to support their neighbors of another race, and they are wanting to express that that they're against police brutality and racism, which has all kinds of negative effects when it goes unchecked. When that happens, it lets bad people in authority do other heinous and violent things and causes the vast majority of good law enforcement to get their reputations and trust in the community tainted by the very bad apples.

And even if people are just looking at this for very self centered reasons, the bad cops who would beat or kill someone out of racism aren't going to be good cops to people of their own race, or good people out in the civilian world either. They are dangerous, volatile people who will find another "...ism" , "...ny" or "...phobia" to unleash their rage on, or find a way to oppress and turn on someone of their own "kind".

As far as being called racist for no good reason, that's not usually a frequent occurrence, but even if it does happen (very rarely), mentally healthy people should be able to be thick skinned and disregard it.

Old 05-31-2020, 04:11 PM

7,646 posts, read 4,597,880 times
Prepping may not just be with physical home protection. My sister works in a grocery store for 14 years that got looted and hit last night. Guess who has no work today? Luckily the fire department go there quickly and it apparently is in much better shape than the Walgreens across the street.

My hats off to the Chicago Police and Fire departments though. While the internet was scrubbed fairly quickly, I loved seeing Lightfoot first announce curfew. Police were then deployed in, get this, the old school baby blue riot gear and batons, not the new modern black SWAT uniforms....ala 1968. If you're a resident and you see them lining up the message is very clear. Go home NOW and do not dawdle.

The curfew time passes and Chicago begins her march, pushing the looters into the others already in the Loop and recapturing the bridges. Then Lightfoot, God bless her, raises ALL the bridges (this is never done) and halts all bus and train activity. The message is clear. You had your chance to leave and didn't take it. You can still b-line it out through the South Side...Saturday night while now dark. Go for it. However you're not moving North and you're not moving West....to the East is Lake Michigan.

The internet has been scrubbed quickly, but the initial videos show shoulder to shoulder is the front line with the batons and gas at the ready. Following behind are the Calvary units. Manage to break through the line? Congrats, how's a horse trampling sound? Those aren't your daughter's riding ponies. And slowly CPD pushes these idiots together and towards the Lake.

See, it's not how many are arrested. It's how much free tuition the city meted out last night as people learned the one lesson of Chicago. You do not mess with the CPD. When they show up, you stop what you are doing. Some knew the lesson. Usain Bolt couldn't have bested some of the sprinters when they rolled up on a CVS where looting was in progress. They seemed quite controlled, but when someone mistook that control for a sign that they wouldn't do anything, the batons were quick to clear up that misunderstanding.

I miss the CPD.

Old 05-31-2020, 04:40 PM

4,569 posts, read 5,671,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
Then Lightfoot, God bless her, raises ALL the bridges (this is never done) and halts all bus and train activity.
Lightfoot deserves all the blame for the destruction, none of the credit for it not being even worse.

All [url=http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/2020/05/busy-at-work-updates.html"]the Chicago police response was too little, too late[/quote].

And the bridge raising thing? Guess somebody in the administration got around to watching Batman Begins.

Old 05-31-2020, 05:51 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,390,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travel-a-lot View Post
Can someone explain these white liberals for me? They're the one group I really don't get. They are weak is what they are. The weak and afraid. They have to align themselves with what they perceive to be stronger. Just like in a prison system reallyWhat are they getting out of this? Why do they think they'll be exempt from race bashing? I bet most of em have still been called racist from time to time even though it's their lifes work to be scared of offending black people in any way. So what's the point? Going against their own interests in every way possible.
Sissies

Old 05-31-2020, 05:56 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,390,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post
Lightfoot deserves all the blame for the destruction, none of the credit for it not being even worse.

All [url=http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/2020/05/busy-at-work-updates.html"]the Chicago police response was too little, too late
. last weekend before all this popped off Chicago had 10 deaths and 49 shootings lol. The police can't handle their city on a regular weekend. Protests and burnings? Cops layin low

And the bridge raising thing? Guess somebody in the administration got around to watching Batman Begins.[/quote]

I don't get it, thug dies for committing a crime.(he shouldn't have died btw). People across the country go crazy. Meanwhile in Chicago, there are more people shot and killed there by their own skin color than anywhere else in the country? where is the outcry ????

Old 05-31-2020, 06:00 PM

437 posts, read 547,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
The ones who are there peacefully for good reason (not the ones starting riots and destroying property) are there to support their neighbors of another race, and they are wanting to express that that they're against police brutality and racism, which has all kinds of negative effects when it goes unchecked. When that happens, it lets bad people in authority do other heinous and violent things and causes the vast majority of good law enforcement to get their reputations and trust in the community tainted by the very bad apples.

And even if people are just looking at this for very self centered reasons, the bad cops who would beat or kill someone out of racism aren't going to be good cops to people of their own race, or good people out in the civilian world either. They are dangerous, volatile people who will find another "...ism" , "...ny" or "...phobia" to unleash their rage on, or find a way to oppress and turn on someone of their own "kind".

As far as being called racist for no good reason, that's not usually a frequent occurrence, but even if it does happen (very rarely), mentally healthy people should be able to be thick skinned and disregard it.
They've already turned on their own kind though. Since 2017 whites are killed by cops twice as much as blacks yet you will not see one person protesting for any of them. That's what I don't get about the white liberals who go over board to love blacks but won't even say one word about any white that's killed.

Old 05-31-2020, 06:28 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
Prepping may not just be with physical home protection. My sister works in a grocery store for 14 years that got looted and hit last night. Guess who has no work today? Luckily the fire department go there quickly and it apparently is in much better shape than the Walgreens across the street.

My hats off to the Chicago Police and Fire departments though. While the internet was scrubbed fairly quickly, I loved seeing Lightfoot first announce curfew. Police were then deployed in, get this, the old school baby blue riot gear and batons, not the new modern black SWAT uniforms....ala 1968. If you're a resident and you see them lining up the message is very clear. Go home NOW and do not dawdle.

The curfew time passes and Chicago begins her march, pushing the looters into the others already in the Loop and recapturing the bridges. Then Lightfoot, God bless her, raises ALL the bridges (this is never done) and halts all bus and train activity. The message is clear. You had your chance to leave and didn't take it. You can still b-line it out through the South Side...Saturday night while now dark. Go for it. However you're not moving North and you're not moving West....to the East is Lake Michigan.

The internet has been scrubbed quickly, but the initial videos show shoulder to shoulder is the front line with the batons and gas at the ready. Following behind are the Calvary units. Manage to break through the line? Congrats, how's a horse trampling sound? Those aren't your daughter's riding ponies. And slowly CPD pushes these idiots together and towards the Lake.

See, it's not how many are arrested. It's how much free tuition the city meted out last night as people learned the one lesson of Chicago. You do not mess with the CPD. When they show up, you stop what you are doing. Some knew the lesson. Usain Bolt couldn't have bested some of the sprinters when they rolled up on a CVS where looting was in progress. They seemed quite controlled, but when someone mistook that control for a sign that they wouldn't do anything, the batons were quick to clear up that misunderstanding.

I miss the CPD.
Preppers load up on food and BLM burns down their grocery stores. F them. If they starve they starve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness